Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balancing tourney with t

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
i just had a few rounds of practice pvp and it occurred to me how random it is. And I thought if that's how tourney work any person can join I'm out.

I suggest tiers of skill level not player level, this way op people can stay up top being op without overpowering newcomers and demoralising them. There are also global tournaments that wizard101 has right now, if you don't like it.
Tier names start the same way as wizard levels
From novice, apprentice journeyman adept, intermediate?, magus, and so on.
All tiers are not level restricted so a level 50 who has their first pvp match ever doesn't get matched up with a warlord. Also the tiers are divided into level ranges of interval 5 e.g. Level 1-5, 5-10, 10-15.
If there are not too many of your level, you can join lower levels, which cause you to temporarily become that level range, health lowers, stats, wands and cards. With cards the level range available to you will determine number of different cards you have with restrictions card level restrictions (if you get what I mean)
Example level 39 goes play a lvl 5-10 tournament, this player has their stats matched with players of that level, health and mana wise too. The player can only choose cards of that level and not beyond. They can only have this many card types too as a level 7 you get 4 training points? <-can't remember. So the player can only choose four card types.

The novice and apprentice tier do not allow duellist equipment, critical, piercing only general resistance, damage, accuracy and pip chance. From tier 3- 5 basic duel equipment allowed. At tier 6 it splits into duellists and magus type battles. Those who want duellist, play duellist which allows Criticals, piercing, duellist gear. Magus type is using the knowledge and strategy to win, relying on resistances, pip chance, accuracy and strength and your hand.

Each tier gives rewards, tier 1 and 2 give wizard gear and basic duel gear, and other rewards, tier 3-5 duel gear and wizard gear with other rewards, 6 above depends on what battle you choose.

Wizards move up and down tiers based on wins, three or five wins moves up, 4 to 7 losses goes down a tier.

Thanks for reading.