Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor: I Want My Money Back

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I get it, you wanted to make a 'team experience'; what about us Solo players?
(before anyone spews vitriol, I have 10 chars I have run on this game for 4 years, 3 Overlords in Arena, etc.)

I just purchased 12 level 110 Henchmen to try to finish the first area of Darkmoor. Yes, it took 12 and I still DIED.
I just lost 5K in crowns on highest level henchmen that did nothing.

Seriously K I?

I can't get my spells, or advance past the Rat to Mirage?

I love the Spiral, but you sure are isolating some of your core bread and butter players.....

p.s. if you haven't done these dungeons solo, don't respond

FIX THIS

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Not every dungeon can be done solo. It's just a part of the game. Team up.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Because solo players need to learn how to suck it up and work with others once in a while when playing an online multiplayer game. I solo everything except the things like DM and it's never been a problem, especially since I'm smart about who I team up with and usually go with mercs for hire. There is no obligation for KI to accommodate to people who need to learn a bit about working with other humans to get stuff done.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Why should KingsIsle return the crowns that you used to buy something of your choice? That was your choice. It is possible to solo the areas of darkmoor but let me tell you reasons why it's not easy, 1: the darkmoor gear is most likely needed to solo it 2: it's extremely hard and you have to be extremely skilled to do it 3: only a few players have done it and it's also a dungeon meant for a team, meaning it was PROGRAMMED that way.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It isn't always that people don't want to work with others. Some, as an added challenge, want to solo the game on a specific character.

I returned to the game after a few years away and started new wizards. One of these wizards not only solos, but it also doesn't use Crowns (I fished for countless hours to get the gold to buy an enchanted broom, even though my account has plenty of Crowns). While I don't flee combat if somebody else joins me, I want to finish as much of the game as possible without any help.
That said, there are areas that probably aren't possible to complete without the help of others. That's just the reality of the game.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
colagada on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
It isn't always that people don't want to work with others. Some, as an added challenge, want to solo the game on a specific character.

I returned to the game after a few years away and started new wizards. One of these wizards not only solos, but it also doesn't use Crowns (I fished for countless hours to get the gold to buy an enchanted broom, even though my account has plenty of Crowns). While I don't flee combat if somebody else joins me, I want to finish as much of the game as possible without any help.
That said, there are areas that probably aren't possible to complete without the help of others. That's just the reality of the game.
Since the game is meant to be a team game, the dungeons are built like a team game. The dungeons aren't meant for soloers and they will never be because that would make it too easy for the team players. Darkmoor can be soloed but it's hard and don't expect to be able to do it so easily.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Thanks all for the advice.

I should have been a little more clear; I understand the Team aspect of dungeons.
My point was about receiving a necessary spell.

At max level, the shadow spells are needed to progress, especially if one solo's their chars due to a preference to enjoy the entire spiral experience without rushing through the fun details that KI spends much time creating for us.

Gear Grind? sure, I understand and agree with your opinions.

School spell? Disagree.

Shouldn't be easy, but shouldn't take full team to get it. Should be just like any other spell that is solo tough boss fight to acquire it.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
SilverbackMonkey on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:

I should have been a little more clear; I understand the Team aspect of dungeons.

At max level, the shadow spells are needed to progress, especially if one solo's their chars due to a preference to enjoy the entire spiral experience without rushing through the fun details that KI spends much time creating for us.

School spell? Disagree.

Shouldn't be easy, but shouldn't take full team to get it. Should be just like any other spell that is solo tough boss fight to acquire it.
Think of getting the spell like any ordinary spell quest and it really should take a full team if it has to. This is a team player game.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
SilverbackMonkey on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:

School spell? Disagree.

My previous statement still stands.