Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm worried about Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2016
Recently I have been seeing the realms very unpopulated, and very rarely see one realm full. Sometimes, and only sometimes I see it crowded, and at the moment everything is near perfect. Does this mean Wizard101 will be shutting down soon due to low player base? I don't know if it's just my timezone but I don't want this game to end because people aren't playing enough

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
It's probably just due to people going back to school. Wizard101 is normally a lot more populated during Summer, but now that it's Fall, some people have to go to school, thus, there isn't as many people online. But really, I don't think we should worry about Wizard101 shutting down, and just enjoy the game!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's fairly common at this time of year. Kids have gone back to school and people have been waiting for new content for almost a year. It'll pick up again when the Mirage comes out, hopefully next month.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
That's what happens when you ignore PvP to the point that it almost dies out completely. They are trying their best to revive it right now but it might be too little, too late.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It's a busy time of year for a lot of us -- back to school, working before the holidays, etc -- so less game time. Wizard still seems pretty full on weekends and after school hours (for the US) so I don't think there's a shortage of players, and i've seen some old friends reappearing lately. With a new world on the way and lots of other goodies planned there should be a good future. Winter break will be a blast.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
School/college is in session which is why less players are online. I see a lot of realms crowded on the weekend on wizard101. Wizard101 will NOT be shutting down soon since they announced a new world will be coming out soon. Why have release a new world if you are going to shut down the game? It does not make sense.

Happy Questing Wizard!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
RedRitual on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Recently I have been seeing the realms very unpopulated, and very rarely see one realm full. Sometimes, and only sometimes I see it crowded, and at the moment everything is near perfect. Does this mean Wizard101 will be shutting down soon due to low player base? I don't know if it's just my timezone but I don't want this game to end because people aren't playing enough
I see plenty of crowded and normal populated worlds.

I think it depends on the day and time though. There are definitely more players during certain times.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It really depends on the time of day when a certain amount of people are on. Also, there is still way too many fans of this game and way too many people paying and playing the game so this game is no where even near to shutting down. No one needs to complain about it because it isn't coming soon. The more people complain, the quicker the end will come.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I personally see at least one or two full realms at any given time before 8:00 PM in my time zone. On the weekends, I usually even see almost a full page of full realms. Wizard101 is still good, and will be for many many years to come!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Not to worry, this game is still doing well. I know KI laid off workers but it's normal for any business in order to reorganize for strength. Don't forget the majority of players are school kids and teens causing a slow down during the days. In the summer, kids do more chores, visit their relatives and have family get together and outings also causes slowdowns from time to time.The game is the busiest during the weekends, winter and cool months. Plus, arrival mirage will bring older players back to the game.