Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent trap treasure cards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2010
hello, I need a potent trap tc for the eagle war shield and I just can't seem to get one. I didn't receive one when I was questing through on my death (the character I need it on) so I went ahead and farmed blighted yaxche about 50 times (also hoping to get storm owl terror ring which I did get) but no potent trap. I am currently in Azteca on my storm and if I received a potent trap tc on him I would be very annoyed tpsince they're no trade, no auction. Please, make them auctionable or at least tradeable then I could gift people packs for transferring the tcs or I could just create another account to do so

Jordan Nightblood lvl 110
Jordan StormBlood lvl 84
Jordan fireblood lvl 39
Isabella Frostblood lvl 41
Jordan Battleblood lvl 24

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jordan night blood on Oct 23, 2016 wrote:
hello, I need a potent trap tc for the eagle war shield and I just can't seem to get one. I didn't receive one when I was questing through on my death (the character I need it on) so I went ahead and farmed blighted yaxche about 50 times (also hoping to get storm owl terror ring which I did get) but no potent trap. I am currently in Azteca on my storm and if I received a potent trap tc on him I would be very annoyed tpsince they're no trade, no auction. Please, make them auctionable or at least tradeable then I could gift people packs for transferring the tcs or I could just create another account to do so

Jordan Nightblood lvl 110
Jordan StormBlood lvl 84
Jordan fireblood lvl 39
Isabella Frostblood lvl 41
Jordan Battleblood lvl 24
Maybe try a different boss. Here is the link to Potent Trap TC and the list of bosses that CAN drop it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Potent_Trap

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
trust me i've tried, they just refuse to drop

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I had better luck getting them from the hidden Aquila Bosses than any regular boss in Azteca. I got quite a few of them farming Cronus and Gladiator for the Blade of Felled Titan and Ring of Alpha and Omega.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
seethe42 on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
I had better luck getting them from the hidden Aquila Bosses than any regular boss in Azteca. I got quite a few of them farming Cronus and Gladiator for the Blade of Felled Titan and Ring of Alpha and Omega.
alright i'll try that, thanks

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I believe I finally got my potent trap from farming one of the bosses in the Saltmeadow Swamp in Azteca. It took a very long time. If you really don't want to farm, you could also just continue your regular questing and keep that crafting quest waiting. I know I've gotten a few more of the cards since then.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Heuna on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
I believe I finally got my potent trap from farming one of the bosses in the Saltmeadow Swamp in Azteca. It took a very long time. If you really don't want to farm, you could also just continue your regular questing and keep that crafting quest waiting. I know I've gotten a few more of the cards since then.
Thing is I'm 110 so I have no main quest, but I will try farming bosses in saltmeadow swamp (probably ponce or pyramid of stormeye)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Same here, My fire Isabella Moonstone is level 119 and ive literally been farming daily since ive reached azteca, Ive even planted idk how many ultra alligator trees and still no Potent Trap TC. Yet everyone ive farmed with has gotten 5 or more. Its extremely frustrating :/ Would be nice to be able to atleast craft the card

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
I got mine yesterday farming the boss in floating mountains. The boss that is in the well. He is the only fight and was easy to beat. He's a storm boss with a ice minion. I only had to farm him a half dozen times before I got the potent trap.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2014
If I were you, I'd farm Cronus. He drops the Blade of the Felled Titan which is good until darkmoor. Also, he drops potent tc, and if you already have the felled titan, then you can put it on another character that needs it. I was lucky and got mine in a couple hours, but it's still a good idea to farm him at some point.