Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making everything easier

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
I have been playing for awhile, and I know they make dungeons easier the longer they are out. But I am starting to get annoyed about how people come on here and complain about how stuff is "too hard" and drops are "too scarce." Maybe it's because I have been playing for seven years and was here way before the bazaar, pet pavilion, and when the max level was 50 and dragonspyre was the last world, but I like a challenge. I enjoy working hard for my gear, my pets, and farming over and over and over again to get everything. But now Kingsisle is making new dungeons easier just because a few people are complaining that it is too hard. If you want good gear and good stats you should be willing to work hard for it and not complain until it's made easier. Part of the excitement of this game is being challenged in order to obtain something you want. Darkmoore Malistaire which so many people were complaining about, my friends and I got it down to under 1 hour and sometimes even 40 minutes. I find it unfair that people are being deprived of a challenge and a good time just because people start complaining it was "too hard" I mean really? Do you just expect everything to be easy? What's terrible is Kingsisle is listening and making many dungeons and challenges I loves to do practically a joke because of how easy it has become. If people could solo Tartarus by working hard and knowing how to play a certain way, why are they making dungeons that most people bring four into easier? I've even completed Darkmoore Malistaire with two people total in under 1.5 hours. I know Kingsisle makes older dungeons easier, but really can they just leave the new ones untouched for a year or two?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i'm lvl 93, ice, never once complained... im even soloing most of azteca... only till it's a ice boss, or a #kill.... heh zafaria and avalon was soloed besides the final dungeons... so i'm having no issue with difficulty... but with that being said..... i can see dragnspyre dwn being nerfed.... but celestia to azteca.... should be a challenge.... and kyrstalis, polaris.... you should die every boss fight...... thats how a lvl 100 wiizard should quest.... you should fear progressing your abilities now... you should be forced into wanting to be back in unicorn way

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
ecwcats4 on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
I have been playing for awhile, and I know they make dungeons easier the longer they are out. But I am starting to get annoyed about how people come on here and complain about how stuff is "too hard" and drops are "too scarce." Maybe it's because I have been playing for seven years and was here way before the bazaar, pet pavilion, and when the max level was 50 and dragonspyre was the last world, but I like a challenge. I enjoy working hard for my gear, my pets, and farming over and over and over again to get everything. But now Kingsisle is making new dungeons easier just because a few people are complaining that it is too hard. If you want good gear and good stats you should be willing to work hard for it and not complain until it's made easier. Part of the excitement of this game is being challenged in order to obtain something you want. Darkmoore Malistaire which so many people were complaining about, my friends and I got it down to under 1 hour and sometimes even 40 minutes. I find it unfair that people are being deprived of a challenge and a good time just because people start complaining it was "too hard" I mean really? Do you just expect everything to be easy? What's terrible is Kingsisle is listening and making many dungeons and challenges I loves to do practically a joke because of how easy it has become. If people could solo Tartarus by working hard and knowing how to play a certain way, why are they making dungeons that most people bring four into easier? I've even completed Darkmoore Malistaire with two people total in under 1.5 hours. I know Kingsisle makes older dungeons easier, but really can they just leave the new ones untouched for a year or two?
I agree.

My first Graveyard run took 3 hours, but instead of complaining and begging to Kingsisle to nerf it, my friends and me spent time together looking at the cheats online and developing strategies to counter them. After several runs seeing what worked and didn't work, we were all able to do Graveyard in just 40 minutes. We even invited random people who had trouble finding a group, told them of our strategies, and had flawless runs with them.

Nowadays I notice that the moment people find that a new boss isn't a "walk in the park", and that they actually have to think a little about how to defeat him, they immediately complain and start begging for a nerf. This has been happening whenever Kingsisle releases new content, and it'll probably happen again with The Scorpion fight in Mirage.

What I also don't understand is, Aegis and Indemnity allow people to counter the cheats and blade and feint when they are normally not supposed to, but people keep begging for nerfs...

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
ecwcats4 on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
If they buff it, that would make it much harder for people who don't have a team of people that they know.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Me I just wanna be entertained. I want to be kept thinking but not kept grinding. I want to play. I don't want to work like it is my job. If I pay I want to play. I don't want to work besides.

I know there are those who want things harder and harder and want to feel the burn.

It just isn't me.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I know Kingsisle makes older dungeons easier, but really can they just leave the new ones untouched for a year or two?

Do you know how old Darkmoor and Tartarus are?

I've only done Tartarus about 5 times, but that was over 2 years ago. I have never done Darkmoor. So honestly I'm going to just have to take your word for it that they've been nerfed, because I have no idea if they have or not. What has changed about them? How have they become easier?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
They made the last boss come back with less life, they made a ton of the cheats easier and got rid of some. To make a long story short that is.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
ecwcats4 on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
They made the last boss come back with less life, they made a ton of the cheats easier and got rid of some. To make a long story short that is.
Is that just in Darkmoor, or is that in Tartarus as well? Because the last time I even tried Tartarus, I just couldn't do it with 2 wizards. I don't remember when I did that though. If it's a bit easier now, I might give it another try. I've got 9 wizards left that still have that quest in their quest log, and I'd like to get it out.

Are any of the strategy guides out there updated to reflect the changes for either dungeon, or are they all based on before the changes were made?

I ask because I'd like to know where to go to get some sort of strategy guide on what to do. I used to do dungeons like these with friends, but these dungeons busted up the group I used to do them with, so now I just do everything alone. I stop short of saying solo because I have 2 accounts that I run simultaneously, so I'm always play 2 wizards at a time. I need to figure out how to do it with an Ice/Fire, Storm/Myth, Storm/Balance, and Life/Death duo. Or maybe I need to change the pairings up for the dungeons. They worked ok for Waterworks and everything else, but maybe that's why I'm not successful here so far.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree with Frostednutella and Sparkle Tube on this topic. Areas been nerfed because too many people don't have the strategy and the know how to win certain battles and Dungeons. I'm sure KI is doing everything they can to make the game fun for everyone. I left a post on Oct. 11 2016 in Ravenwood commons section. The topic is "Game too Easy? That information may help.