Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-14-16

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Raging Bull would be a nice mount.

Oran Moonhaven

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
It's Friday, and it's time for a new topic, so let's chat! This week, if you were watching KI Live, you'll know we revealed some pretty coold stuff, and also, what I'm going to ask today! ::grin::

Let's talk about that new Bat Swarm mount (good picture HERE for anyone who hasn't seen it) in the Gloomthorn pack. It's really cool! We've been talking about how to do something like this, a mount that essentially transforms you, for quite a while. This is the first time we've made it happen. So, I'd like to ask... what other sort of things would you like to transform into as an equippable mount? A swirl of leaves? A gust of wind? Let us know below!

Happy Friday, and have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Maybe some blue butterflies, like on corpse bride!!! (Anyone?)

Or maybe a clouded figure as if we were under the cloak of invisibility!!

The final thing could be the Phoenix we see at the birthday time!!!!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
- A werewolf wolf would be cool where we run/move on all fours but stand up when stopped.
- A shadowy blob on the ground that can be easy to overlook if not paying attention so we are sneaking around. Could also take form when stopped and look like the shadow morph spells.
- A bunch of Floating, blinking, Eyes - but less like myth eyes and more like Maw-Maw's eyes from Rise and Destroy.

I also like ElijahWaterVault's idea of turning into a group of gnomes that would be really funny!

Going along side the bats/leaves/wind idea it would be neat if we snapped back into human form when stopped so it appears we are mount-less but then shape shift upon moving instead of just in battle. No idea how that would work if the mount was placed in a house but if possible that would be a neat effect. Maybe if it equipped/unequipped itself? I like mounts that make it seem like our wizards are powering the effects like the school whirlwinds!

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I think a flurry of snow blowing about would be very cool (no pun intended lol). A very spring/Mooshu mount would be a cloud of cherry blossom petals swirling in the wind.
Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
You should make a storm beetle mount. Or a blood bat I think that would be cool.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Life:Just like the new bat mount, have bumblebees or butterflies instead.
Balance: Either in locusts or as a twister.
Storm: Fireflies or "stormbugs" as you called it.
Ice: Icebats or in a blizzard.
Myth: Myth bats? or imps- couldn't thought for a good one for myth.
Fire: As a floating fireball, like a wisp, fire twister, or a small volcano; when you move, it hops and it is spits lava around it.

These are the best I could come up with and I would like to see these come real.

Alejandro

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
The professor's B.O.X. Just make it magically hover/float!!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Great question!

How about a series of mounts based on mounts that already exist...except they make the entire wizard + mount really small, or really large? That might be fun. (Only lasts while this tiny making or tall making mount is worn.)

How about a bouncing Jack O Lantern and or whole Pumpkin mount? Taking large bounces down the street. Or there could be one that spins in circles (but not make the wizard spin) as it goes, for when you are on one of those narrow sidewalks. (Be nice to have a mount that could switch gears and be both on demand!)

I love to see the roller skating and ice skating mounts and I would love to have each one. Maybe they could come in different looks and styles including tall lace up skates or the old fashioned tin roller skates that strap across the foot.

Sparkling gems mount? Gems bouncing and swirling at the same time in a cloud of gem dust? Different sizes of gems in the gem dust cloud, so it doesn't make people dizzy.

I want to add something that just crossed my mind, at this point: Can some of the horse mounts be reconfigured? The wizard sits kind of lopsided in some of the mounts. I've seen this in the pretty pony mount (a unicorn that is not transparent), and in the black horse, so far. It kind of makes me seasick to watch my wizard ride around lopsided so, one I use as decor now and one I let the one-day timer expire without using further.

The way the transparent unicorn glides and gallops is so smooth and the way the rider sits is perfect. So you wouldn't have to write new code for it - maybe just use that one in all the horse mounts?

How about a Tardis call box mount. Shamelessly 'borrow' the types of movements seen in Dr. Who. Maybe even hide the wizard inside of it until it stops?

The Gobbler mount makes me laugh - maybe more mounts in which the wizard isn't actually steering but the 'mount' is?

Tandem bicycle. A Unicycle. And bicycles of various types.

Vinyl record spinning under the wizard, as a mount.

Outta room :)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I'd love some craftable mounts for each school, like in Aquila. There could two for each school, and give different buffs.

So Fire could have a type of fire tornado with a Wyldfiresque-pun on whirlwind (Fyrlwind?) and could give +1/2% damage, and a molten magma mound mount (alliteration is fun) that could give +1/2% accuracy.

Ice could have a snowflake swirl (Snowwind) that gives the damage buff, and another snow pile (eh, not my finest) that gives defence.

Storm could have one gale swirl (Gaelstrom?) with damage, and another as a cloud in place of your head with lightning flashing under (hard to name) that gives some pierce.

Myth could have a swirl of glyphs (idk) for damage, and an earthquake along the ground (Earthquake?) with some critical.

Life could have a green leafblow (idk) for damage, and some woodland creatures moving (idk) for outgoing heal boost.

Death could have a ghost spiral (Spiritwirl?) for damage, and a floating skull with two smaller ones orbiting it (I really don't know here) for incoming heal/some kind of increase to health from drains/shadow pip chance.

Balance could have a sandstorm (Sandstorm? for damage, and an insect swarm (eponymity for Balance) for block/stun resist/pip chance.

But I love the new Gloomthorn Vine and Bat Swarm mounts and hope that there are more mounts of this variety.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
OK now I have actually seen the new swirling bats mount so I now understand the question better.

I won one permanent one (it is Epic or the rarest of the rare pack prizes, right?) and one temporary one.

So while worn the wizard disappears and only the swirling bat cloud is visible. So it kind of replaces your wizard, while it is worn as a mount.

I'm going to just be extemporaneous again because I don't want to either copy others or remove an "I'll second that" type of support. So I'll just post my own.

If you mean it has to be a cloud of tiny things swirling then maybe: Butterflies; snowflakes; raindrops; nasty insects; snakes; hopping cute bunny rabbits. Also, Christmas or Hanukkah stars.

You could also make all of the above dye-able and I hope you will. Then people can feel more unique. They can also change the mount to fit the holiday or occasion or their personal color scheme. Each of my wizards has an everyday color scheme.

If it can be larger, or a single thing, then maybe: A shimmering rainbow (sort of wobbles like jello, as well as colors slowly morphing or shimmering); a dancing leprechaun; a twirling pot of gold; a twirling or dancing Santa; a twirling or dancing Santa's elf; a happy and rustling or moving around, Christmas stocking and/or Santa's gift bag; how about something inspired by Van Gogh's paintings of stars swirling in the night sky? I see that influence in some of the Wizard 101 skies anyway (I think.)

Swirling shining gems of different colors and sizes; maybe allow people to choose up to 3 dye colors for that. I said that last time but that's before I understood the question better, and I didn't mention dye then.

I'd love anything dancing. Maybe a ballerina. If you wanted to make it funny you could have ballerina animals or enemies.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
How about a flying Monkey mount. It could be that Monkey in Arcanum who would pick you up and fly around with you - sort of like the flying monkeys who picked up Dorothy and her companions in the Wizard of Oz and flew them to the Wicked Witches castle.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
-Butterfly swarm
-An end of a rainbow (as if a rainbow bridge is touching down for a wizard to materialize). Idle animations could include a Grizzleheim bear or leprechaun.
-A ghost or shadow
-A riderless horse (two player mount which allows a 2nd player to ride it).
-A burrowing, disrupted ground effect. When the player jumps, have them porpoise out of the ground with a miner's helmet and pick equipped.
-A flock of brightly-colored songbirds.
-A Wizard of Oz-style hurricane with a miniature witch, house, lightning bats, humongofrog ...

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Since one of my wizards is in the werewolf costume, a mount which is a shimmering full moon might be nice.

I have another wizard in a vampire costume and I gave that wizard the swirling bats mount. :)

Please don't make any lights too bright in mounts. When everyone is crowded in a small space (like teamups or bazaar) there's often one with the fiery mount or something and it's hard on the eyes when it fills the screen in a small space. When the bazaar book is open, and I'm in the middle of something, I don't always want to stop and change realms or move.

So a soft shimmer to the full moon if you make one would be pretty and also not as distracting.

Administrator
These are great! We'll have to keep them in mind when we create mounts in the future. Hang on for just a few moments, and we'll have another topic! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea