Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-14-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's time for a new topic, so let's chat! This week, if you were watching KI Live, you'll know we revealed some pretty coold stuff, and also, what I'm going to ask today! ::grin::

Let's talk about that new Bat Swarm mount (good picture HERE for anyone who hasn't seen it) in the Gloomthorn pack. It's really cool! We've been talking about how to do something like this, a mount that essentially transforms you, for quite a while. This is the first time we've made it happen. So, I'd like to ask... what other sort of things would you like to transform into as an equippable mount? A swirl of leaves? A gust of wind? Let us know below!

Happy Friday, and have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
I would absolutely LOVE to be transformed into a bunch of gnomes, like the Gnomes spell. Great work on the mount, I know I'll be buying these if more are implemented .

Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
Tornado

Shrike creature with wings

Pillar of fire (similar to a tornado)

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
How about the appearance of your wizard turns see through and a ghostly blue? (So your wizard turns into a ghost.) Yes, another Halloween one :P

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
I think it would be cool if we could transform into one of those ghosts... like the lost souls on unicorn way.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Professor Falmea on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
It's Friday, and it's time for a new topic, so let's chat! This week, if you were watching KI Live, you'll know we revealed some pretty coold stuff, and also, what I'm going to ask today! ::grin::

Let's talk about that new Bat Swarm mount (good picture HERE for anyone who hasn't seen it) in the Gloomthorn pack. It's really cool! We've been talking about how to do something like this, a mount that essentially transforms you, for quite a while. This is the first time we've made it happen. So, I'd like to ask... what other sort of things would you like to transform into as an equippable mount? A swirl of leaves? A gust of wind? Let us know below!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
I'd like to transform into an eagle so I can see a larger part of Wizard City and all the other worlds from above. I think that would be an awesome view!

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Hmm, what about a pure lightning bolt? Or maybe something silly, like a rake that flops around in any given direction?

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I wanna turn into the the wolf that Dr Jackal transforms into at the end of the Rooftop Dungeon in Barkingham Palace (3rd Dungeon-Last Dungeon Boss)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2013
I would like to give feedback on the new mounts, and make a few suggestions. first, I like the new mount that was added with the new spooky deck. would love to see a fire flaming tart, ice- cubes, wind-gusts, myth triangles, life leafs, and a balance 2X4 as their mounts.

suggestions- with the next new world: love to see a new side world, as well:that has hidden diamond treasure chests for pet ultra mega spells. You train your pet to levels: ultra-epic, ultra-mega, super-ultra-mega, double duper, and finally have all ten opened with tri-set. Values beginning with; 2500,3500,5000,7500,10,000,finally 25,000. An exlir can be bought for 50,000 crowns. Double pet snacks; exlir 7000 crowns which gives you diamond pet jewels, snacks or a pedigree plus star which gives your pet the next level on its chart. example if you buy this and your pet is an adult it would go to ancient and so on.

suggestion #2- could a wizard through a side world by buying an exsir for 10,000 crowns to by pass and go on to the next world. Like say I want to go to marleybone and have to finish krokotopia first, I buy this exlisir and I get to by pass krok to get to marleybone.

!!!!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
That's nice

A swirl of leaves would be cool, but I think the concept of this is very similar to the hover crafted ones sold in Aquila, where, instead of standing on the object, you become to object.

• A swarm of bees might work, too, in theme with the Hive.
  • I don't particularly know what wind looks like, I've never seen it myself, so it would be interesting to know, unless it's some form of tornado or twister one turns into when moving, then back to normal when stationary (a bit like Taz from Looney Tunes).
  • Digging through the ground like a mole, creating a line of soil behind, with, perhaps, carrots popping out.
  • A pack of butterflies will be very pretty, whether blue or orange, or those crystal ones like the pets.

Other questions are, is it difficult to see yourself as these fluttering pixels? or When you're moving, does the swarm spread out into a line, or does the mount remain as a ball of bats?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The Pox/Font minions found in Loremaster, Mavra Flamewing and Sandra Spearcaller battles in Dragonespyre. It would be cool to appear as just a wisp.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:

I'd like to turn into a pure magic or light like the health or mana wisps that would look amazing

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
A bubble, Like Wizard of Oz. Actually, that could be a mount that doesn't transform the wizard, the wizard is inside the bubble. That makes me think a giant hamster ball would make a nice April Fools mount.

If you can get it so that only certain parts of the body are invisible, I'd like to see a mount that turns you into a centaur, or replaces your legs with a genie-ish tail.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
How about a mount that turns our players completely invisible but leaves dark footprints wherever we step? Like Harry's Invisibility Cloak.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I think it would be awesome to transform into a tornado as a mount. OMG!!!!! Maybe even a centaur!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
-Thundercloud
-Tumbleweed
-Butterflies
-Ball Lightning
-Wisp
-Floating Head

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Equippable mounts you say; here's a bunch to consider:
  • Raging Bull Spell (come on, who doesn't want to ride a scary looking bull on fire; this would be awesome!)
  • Headless Horseman Mount
  • Morganthe the Spider Mount
  • Balloon on a string (wizard appears to be holding a string with one arm, while floating a few inches off the ground; or bobbing up and down in the air, and balloons may vary in colors and size)
  • Giant Bubble of light or soap bubble surrounding wizard (different color for each school, maybe additional color choice options)
  • Bubble of multiple swirling lightsBubble of multi-color lights or light combinations (rainbow, red and green, blue and white, orange and black, etc...)
  • Arcing Rainbow wave, or the rainbow the leprechaun rides on; like as in the spell)
  • Arcing Water wave
  • Butterfly Swarm
  • Fairy Swarm (lots of tiny fairy are carrying you)
  • Snowstorm
  • Tornado
  • Giant Frog (catches random flies)
  • Giant Snail (with a snail trail)
  • Wizard 101 Spiral (not sure how you'd turn this into a mount)
  • Any fish you can catch in the game (catfish, tongue fish, etc..)
  • Equippable Teacher/Professor Mount (come on you know you want a piggyback ride from one of your teachers/professors)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Balance: A cloud of dust and dirt a la Pigpen, or a flock of azure ibises taking flight, spiraling upwards. Maybe just have us transform into the animation for Reshuffle lol

Death: a group of circling vultures, or a swarm of flies

Ice: a snowglobe with your wizard inside of it, looking like you're trudging through the snow inside as you move. When standing still, the snow settles to the bottom around your feet. As soon as you start moving again, the snow swirls around like the snowglobe has been shaken. Or maybe a flock of snow geese winging somewhere in V-formation

Storm: a shoal of silvery, colorful reef fish that group, shimmer, and scatter as you move this way and that

Fire: the animations from the Exploding Gnats, or a moving barge of shooting fireworks, or a dancing flame.

Myth: a rustling flurry of open books, flying tomes, grimoires, scrolls, cribsheets, and loose pages, written in archaic script.

Life: A cloud of fairies, or a cascade of cherry blossoms, or dandelion/thistle seeds on the wind, or a swarm of butterflies, or a flock of songbirds

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Oh....I didn't even consider more mounts of this nature. I just thought, "Oh, like a vampire turns into bats, cool". I love the bat cloud mount, but don't necessarily need more mounts I "turn into". I'd be more interested in mounts that are like the Gobbler, wonky donkey etc. Where you don't ride them in the normal way.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I'd love the idea of a Snow Flurry or Leaves or SandTwister or something. If it is like butterflies or birds maybe make it so it looks like they are going forward when you go forward? I think my favorite idea though is the Wisp just a large glowing ball of light. That would be cool.

My idea is a Giant Floating Skull- like the Road Warrior Hoard pack wands or the new NPC from Mirage. Just a floating/flying skull running around with shadowy magic flowing behind

Also maybe a giant snake that goes along the ground (both of these ideas inspired by Death Eaters from Harry Potter)

A little RainCloud for Storm? or a Spark that jumps from place to place. Really all of the crafted mounts could be altered to function as "Swarm" mounts.

I think a bunch of swarming Sprites or Imps would also be good. A giant pink bubble like Glinda would be cool too.

I will say the Ice/Balance Flurries and Wisps would be my favorite though.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
The concept of turning into something else as a form of faster transportation was a phenomenal addition to the game. That was a incredibly creative addition to the game, so thank you Kingsisle for putting this new mount into the game.

Here's my two cents for mount ideas:

A swarm of dragonflies

A boulder surrounded by smaller stones

A flurry of snow

A swarm of lighting bugs

Hummingbird flock

A sphere of water that turns into a wave as it moves

A comet with a trail of stardust

Fire twister (who' not gonna want that?)

A school of levitating fish

A swarm of bees

A pack of rats

A cluster of lights, like the oracle in Polaris

Paper planes

A rift in the ground (like in an earthquake)

Bunnies

Ladybug swarm

Sound, or musical notes floating through the air

A dust devil (sandstorm)

Hope this gives you brilliant creators some inspiration.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
How about something similar to the craftable school mounts?

For example:

Storm - A mount that turns the wizard into a stormy tornado with lightning.
Fire - A mount that turns the wizard into a fiery tornado.
Ice - A mount that turns the wizard into a blizzard tornado.
Balance - A mount that turns the wizard into a sand tornado.
Life - A mount that turns the wizard into a leaf tornado.
Myth - A mount that turns the wizard into a yellowish dust tornado.
Death - A mount that turns the wizard into a fog tornado.