Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master Password

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Hello I need help, I want to change my master password but can't cause my mom originally made a password for it years ago and no longer remembers it and I can't reset it cause I no longer have access to the email attached to this account. Please help I don't know what to do.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dcannon121 on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
Hello I need help, I want to change my master password but can't cause my mom originally made a password for it years ago and no longer remembers it and I can't reset it cause I no longer have access to the email attached to this account. Please help I don't know what to do.
There is another option to retrieve the login. Go to the My Accounts page. Click Login Master Password. Click Lost Master Password in the lower right corner. Choose Use My Credit Card Information to Login. If you or your mom have the information for the last credit card used on the account, you can enter that info to login. Then you can change the email and password info.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
seethe42 on Oct 15, 2016 wrote:
There is another option to retrieve the login. Go to the My Accounts page. Click Login Master Password. Click Lost Master Password in the lower right corner. Choose Use My Credit Card Information to Login. If you or your mom have the information for the last credit card used on the account, you can enter that info to login. Then you can change the email and password info.
My mom has gotten several new credit cards since then and now no longer uses credit cards at all, she only uses debits now and she has no history of any of her credit cards from past 2012 (I'd need her card from 2010 or something like that). Also even so it doesn't give me that option for some odd reason.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dcannon121 on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
My mom has gotten several new credit cards since then and now no longer uses credit cards at all, she only uses debits now and she has no history of any of her credit cards from past 2012 (I'd need her card from 2010 or something like that). Also even so it doesn't give me that option for some odd reason.
A debit card is entered the same as a credit card and you only need the card that the most recent purchase was made with, so unless you only buy crowns or membership with gift cards there should be a more recent number on file. Try contacting support and see if they have another option for you.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
seethe42 on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
A debit card is entered the same as a credit card and you only need the card that the most recent purchase was made with, so unless you only buy crowns or membership with gift cards there should be a more recent number on file. Try contacting support and see if they have another option for you.
I'm currently a member through a gift card cause I don't have my master password. Also support is simply refusing to help without giving them the last 4 digits of the credit card number which like I said is WAY too old and I don't have it anymore.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dcannon121 on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
I'm currently a member through a gift card cause I don't have my master password. Also support is simply refusing to help without giving them the last 4 digits of the credit card number which like I said is WAY too old and I don't have it anymore.
Only easy solution I can think of is next time you get membership. Get a $10 or $20 prepaid Visa giftcard and then use that to pay for it online. Then you have a number to login to change the master pass.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
I'm having the same problem. I contacted them but no one has replied yet. I think you should give them an email you can currently access to give you a temporary master password. That's what im currently trying to do

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Wizzy101andstuff on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I contacted them but no one has replied yet. I think you should give them an email you can currently access to give you a temporary master password. That's what im currently trying to do
The issue falls to the credit card. It's a matter of law that the only way they can verify age over 18 is a valid credit card used on the account.