Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need help with a boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2014
I am a level 95 balance wizard, currently questing in Crescent Beach. I need help defeating Taylor Coleridge. I have tried about 10 times and I can't do it! Do you have any advice to help me?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gear up for Balance resist. All his attacks are Balance school damage. Take out the minion quickly, blade and trap up for Chimera. Shrike is helpful too to get past his spirit shields from Sabertooth attacks.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
WizardGuy101760 on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
I am a level 95 balance wizard, currently questing in Crescent Beach. I need help defeating Taylor Coleridge. I have tried about 10 times and I can't do it! Do you have any advice to help me?
Hello,

I am only a level 69 balance wizard, so I wouldnt know how this boss you are talking about works. However, I might be able to give you some advice based on what I know about difficult bosses that I havent been able to defeat. Does this boss only let you go in by yourself? Can you bring friends with you? If this is only a single player battle, the most helpful thing ive found is to bring a life henchman. As you probably know, since you are a fellow balance wizard like me, you need to defeat helios to get your Ra spell. Since this quest did not let me bring friends to help out, I bought a life henchman. Now since the henchman was a life henchman, basically the only spells he would cast on me were healing spells, so I could defeat helios without helios defeating me. Anyways, if your quest does allow you to bring friends, ask some friends to come with you. If your friends dont want to help you or are just busy, again, go back to hiring a henchman.

I hope this advice will help you,

Heather StarSong lvl 69

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
WizardGuy101760 on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
First off, if you haven't done so already, head to Darkmoor for a while. Get through the Graveyard and repeat it a few times to make sure you have some good gear. Now, back to Khrysalis.

Taylor is has about 19,000 health and no cheats. His minion has about 2,800 health.

The fight is pretty straightforward - no cheats, and expected resists and boosts. At this point, you've wrapped up Azteca and should have access to Sharpened Blade, Potent Trap, and Shadow Shrike spells.

Start by feinting, blading and Judgment on the minion. You'll get chewed up a bit, but now you have no worries about keeping shields up. Raise a Tower Shield or two and Availing Hands yourself once or twice to get your health back up.

In subsequent rounds, stack on Item Feint (Jewel of the Feint), Feint, Potent Feint, and Feint Treasure Card on Taylor. Keep a Tower Shield up, and hit yourself with Availing Hands again if you get below half health. Once all feints are in place, cast a Balance Blade, Chastisement, Shadow Shrike, then Judgment on Taylor.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
First off, if you haven't done so already, head to Darkmoor for a while. Get through the Graveyard and repeat it a few times to make sure you have some good gear. Now, back to Khrysalis.

Taylor is has about 19,000 health and no cheats. His minion has about 2,800 health.

The fight is pretty straightforward - no cheats, and expected resists and boosts. At this point, you've wrapped up Azteca and should have access to Sharpened Blade, Potent Trap, and Shadow Shrike spells.

Start by feinting, blading and Judgment on the minion. You'll get chewed up a bit, but now you have no worries about keeping shields up. Raise a Tower Shield or two and Availing Hands yourself once or twice to get your health back up.

In subsequent rounds, stack on Item Feint (Jewel of the Feint), Feint, Potent Feint, and Feint Treasure Card on Taylor. Keep a Tower Shield up, and hit yourself with Availing Hands again if you get below half health. Once all feints are in place, cast a Balance Blade, Chastisement, Shadow Shrike, then Judgment on Taylor.
Darkmoor is level 100, he's only 95.