Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Japan or China?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2016
Okay, so this is seriously bugging me. Is MS inspired by Japan or China?

The first person you see is someone called 'Su Lee'. When I saw her name I thought, "Okay, so it's based on China," because her name is quite obviously Chinese.

...then you see a mix of Japanese and Chinese names all over the show, it's incredibly confusing. Places like Shirataki Temple, then other names that are undoubtedly Chinese, Chinese-styled buildings and sounds, and then ninjitsu and dojos (both Japanese).

I get the feeling I'm going to get the answer that it was just inspired by the east in general, but if that's the case, you guys disobeyed the most important rule to do with anything oriental: NEVER mix Japan and China

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Simply put both. It's a combination of multiple countries as is Zafaria. Zafaria is based on Africa not just Zimbabwe. Mooshu is based on Asia not just Japan or China. Also keep in mind that they do use some creative freedom. For example Polaris is based off of Russia and France- it's kind of a weird mashup, but I think it works.