Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth School Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I would like to say that I am a fan of the Myth school, but every time I think about how awesome it is, I realize its not really all that great. Some people may argue that all schools are equal and in a way I would have to agree with you. But the truth is Myth actually suffers. Having the second lowest health in the game (oddly enough its not fire), having no natural heals (besides sacrifice minion which is a spell several other schools have), having to rely on stuns when in pvp and later in the game become very easy to counter, relying on minions which are rarely helpful when questing and sometimes pvp, Myth is not that strong. There are several other problems with the Myth school that just don't add up. In my mind, Myth is only equal to other schools in the fact that they even have the same number of spells to choose from. The spells themselves are somewhat flawed. Their usefulness is very situational and it can be said that it might be better to just play a different school. I would like to ask "What changes would you make to the Myth school that can make it truly compare to the other classes?" Keep in mind that changing some spells without considering other factors could either cripple Myth or make it unfair.
My suggestions are:
-"Medusa" (Removes a total of two stun blocks and stuns for one round if one stun block already exists leaving another stun block after it.)
-"Basilisk" (Myth really needs another attack all enemy spell at a higher level. My solution would be to change Basilisk into a Myth version of Rain of Fire either with reduced damage and a stun to all enemies or just naturally high damage and no stun.)
-"Keeper of the Flame" (Keeper is a really good spell but 400 damage is a little weak for a spell that sits right behind Brimstone Revenant. I would change it to 440 damage.)
-"Cleanse Ward" (I would change this to essentially a cleanse all charm similar to Storm's Cleanse. It would be the opposite of enfeeble. Of course the pip cost would be three pips.)
-"Any of the Minions" (I couldn't tell you which minion I would change because there are just so many of them. But a lot of them have nearly identical purposes meaning there is no point in choosing which minion you put in your deck. Each minion needs a purpose and some of those purposes might be: Healing, Buffing but not attacking, Defending, and Attacking. It might also be useful if some of these minions had some sort of stat boost relative to their purpose.)
And of course Myth needs their base health boosted above Fire's.

I could probably suggest many more changes to the Myth school but the changes have to stop somewhere. I will leave it to you guys to discuss it and add any more ideas.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
ToastedCoaster on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
I would like to say that I am a fan of the Myth school, but every time I think about how awesome it is, I realize its not really all that great. Some people may argue that all schools are equal and in a way I would have to agree with you. But the truth is Myth actually suffers. Having the second lowest health in the game (oddly enough its not fire), having no natural heals (besides sacrifice minion which is a spell several other schools have), having to rely on stuns when in pvp and later in the game become very easy to counter, relying on minions which are rarely helpful when questing and sometimes pvp, Myth is not that strong. There are several other problems with the Myth school that just don't add up. In my mind, Myth is only equal to other schools in the fact that they even have the same number of spells to choose from. The spells themselves are somewhat flawed. Their usefulness is very situational and it can be said that it might be better to just play a different school. I would like to ask "What changes would you make to the Myth school that can make it truly compare to the other classes?" Keep in mind that changing some spells without considering other factors could either cripple Myth or make it unfair.
My suggestions are:
-"Medusa" (Removes a total of two stun blocks and stuns for one round if one stun block already exists leaving another stun block after it.)
-"Basilisk" (Myth really needs another attack all enemy spell at a higher level. My solution would be to change Basilisk into a Myth version of Rain of Fire either with reduced damage and a stun to all enemies or just naturally high damage and no stun.)
-"Keeper of the Flame" (Keeper is a really good spell but 400 damage is a little weak for a spell that sits right behind Brimstone Revenant. I would change it to 440 damage.)
-"Cleanse Ward" (I would change this to essentially a cleanse all charm similar to Storm's Cleanse. It would be the opposite of enfeeble. Of course the pip cost would be three pips.)
-"Any of the Minions" (I couldn't tell you which minion I would change because there are just so many of them. But a lot of them have nearly identical purposes meaning there is no point in choosing which minion you put in your deck. Each minion needs a purpose and some of those purposes might be: Healing, Buffing but not attacking, Defending, and Attacking. It might also be useful if some of these minions had some sort of stat boost relative to their purpose.)
And of course Myth needs their base health boosted above Fire's.

I could probably suggest many more changes to the Myth school but the changes have to stop somewhere. I will leave it to you guys to discuss it and add any more ideas.
Hello, I see we meet again I'm with you on this myth subject. If the school is to be played more, I feel it needs an update. Every school has a multi attack spell starting from the range of 550 up to 1100 damage. Myth falls dead last with Humongofrog doing 265-325, Earthquake doing 310 until he/she gets shadow magic. By that time myth is behind with a good spell; strength wise. 2# Medusa and Basilisk are nice spells to have but whats the point of the stun when most bosses we come to has stun resist in higher levels. I do like your idea about Basilisk. It fits in with a few other multi attack spells. 3# Minions are good to have but from my experience, They're not always that reliable to save you in battle when you are taking the hits and it cant heal. Therefore I'd love to see a heal spell for this school. Don't get me wrong, Myth is an ok school with several good spells but I do agree that it can use some improvement. P.S. yes, you are right. Some people will argue with us. It means they only see themselves and how they choose to play their wizard not the community of players who chooses differently with convenience and enjoyment.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
As a player that mains the Myth school, the only idea i have is to be able to summon MORE than one minion at a time.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Myth is not weak at all. They are amazing debuffers and their attacks are much stronger than you may think.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
Myth is not weak at all. They are amazing debuffers and their attacks are much stronger than you may think.
Well I may have said Myth is weak in the original post but I reserve the right to take back every word I have ever said in my life. Myth is strong, its just less useful then most of the other schools. Think about it, if a trio of wizards were looking for one more wizard to join their team the first school to come to mind would probably not be myth. The most useful thing a Myth can do in a team setting is use shatter and pierce, which is very often used as a tc by other schools so that they don't need a Myth. Oh yeah, and maybe earthquake can be useful in a PvP team setting but thats just about the only thing that distinguishes Myth from other schools. They are built mostly for soloing and 1v1 but there are a few holes in the concept like the ability to easily be countered because of stun blocks. I think the main problem with Myth is actually in how focused the school is with creating an opening in their opponent. There are so many utilities like stuns, dot's, double hits, and shield removal that it doesn't leave room for many useful spells that Myth needs to be able to compete with the other schools. In this case I am saying that one very powerful tool may be lacking in other areas meaning it suffers in other areas. I understand that all schools suffer in a way but I believe Myth suffers more. As far as attack damage goes, the only spell I think really needs a damage buff is Keeper mostly because 440 just seems appropriate. All of the other spells really are powerful.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Myth does have it's strong points. However their multi attack spells are not as strong as other school's. A lot of players look at spell cards itself for damage intensity and how effective they are against certain creatures which will make them think Myth is weak. Most players choose a wizard with a strong damage multi attack spell.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
ToastedCoaster on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
Well I may have said Myth is weak in the original post but I reserve the right to take back every word I have ever said in my life. Myth is strong, its just less useful then most of the other schools. Think about it, if a trio of wizards were looking for one more wizard to join their team the first school to come to mind would probably not be myth. The most useful thing a Myth can do in a team setting is use shatter and pierce, which is very often used as a tc by other schools so that they don't need a Myth. Oh yeah, and maybe earthquake can be useful in a PvP team setting but thats just about the only thing that distinguishes Myth from other schools. They are built mostly for soloing and 1v1 but there are a few holes in the concept like the ability to easily be countered because of stun blocks. I think the main problem with Myth is actually in how focused the school is with creating an opening in their opponent. There are so many utilities like stuns, dot's, double hits, and shield removal that it doesn't leave room for many useful spells that Myth needs to be able to compete with the other schools. In this case I am saying that one very powerful tool may be lacking in other areas meaning it suffers in other areas. I understand that all schools suffer in a way but I believe Myth suffers more. As far as attack damage goes, the only spell I think really needs a damage buff is Keeper mostly because 440 just seems appropriate. All of the other spells really are powerful.
So you disagree with everything you said in your first post yet later in this post you agree with it? Ummm okay, well anyways, myth is still very strong, pretty decent attacks, they can do some damage. I would also like to say that no school was built for soloing, all schools can be soloed as easy as another, some people work better with different schools though.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
So you disagree with everything you said in your first post yet later in this post you agree with it? Ummm okay, well anyways, myth is still very strong, pretty decent attacks, they can do some damage. I would also like to say that no school was built for soloing, all schools can be soloed as easy as another, some people work better with different schools though.
Remember how I said I reserve the right to take back anything I have ever said in my life? Well I didn't mean I take back everything I said, it just meant that certain points I can go back and change my mind on. Speaking of taking my words back, what I should have said rather than Myth being mostly solo oriented was that the spells don't quite support teamwork as much as other schools might. In other words Myth struggles to work with teams given they don't have a very strong AOE until late game and most of their more useful spells are more often then not performed by other schools with Treasure Card copies. (Like Shatter) I agree though, every school can be soloed or even work with teams regardless of their specialties. In the end as long as your playing with someone and having fun, it barely matters what school you are.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
my main thing with myth, and other schools but mostly myth is for the most part, myth's spells are for minions.... and in order to use them, it takes a spot in the battle that another wizard could join, a 4v4 myth would lose half of their cards because theres no spot for the minions.... other schools have minions too... but it's 2/3 cards in the deck... not half of it (never played myth so meh)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
camahawk on Oct 6, 2016 wrote:
my main thing with myth, and other schools but mostly myth is for the most part, myth's spells are for minions.... and in order to use them, it takes a spot in the battle that another wizard could join, a 4v4 myth would lose half of their cards because theres no spot for the minions.... other schools have minions too... but it's 2/3 cards in the deck... not half of it (never played myth so meh)
That's a very valid point. One thing wizards might expect from a Myth might be to fill in that fourth gap in a team with a minion. Sadly the minions could never possibly take the place of a real wizard. The idea that a Myth could represent two wizards at once is something that would be very nice.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I personally don't think Myth should get any changes. I don't want Myth to be more like the other schools, as its individuality makes it more unique.

I personally don't care what school a person is. If they can Feint and do Elemental Blade, then they are more than welcome to do challenging instances with me.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
ice is used as a sponge, just absorb and taunt
life is used as a healer,
fire is used as the dot'er and smokescreen'er
storm is used for it's power and effeeble
balance is used for it's blades and shields
death is used for it's life stealers and feiints
and myth is used for it's minions and scatter..

every school is used for something.....

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
FusionSun on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
I personally don't think Myth should get any changes. I don't want Myth to be more like the other schools, as its individuality makes it more unique.

I personally don't care what school a person is. If they can Feint and do Elemental Blade, then they are more than welcome to do challenging instances with me.
Perhaps the changes that could be made to Myth could add to its individuality. Some of the changes I have suggested could both improve Myth and compliment the unique skills that come with the school. Besides my Basilisk and Cleanse Ward suggestions, Myth would still be a completely unique school.