Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blank White Screen after Closing Wizard101.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I have been having an issue with shutting down and exiting the Wizard101 game. About 80% of the time after I log off of the game my screen turns white and will remain so until I either restart my computer or log out of my computers account. By doing so I simultaneously close any other programs I have running on my computer, including unsaved progress in other applications. It has caused me trouble before in the recent past and I would like to be able to close Wizard101 safely without losing any important files or progress in other software programs. For now I just need to get used to saving my work and closing out before I exit Wizard101. I would very much appreciate your help with this issue. Although it's probably something I can fix myself.

Moonleaf Lvl. 110 PvP Knight
Goldenshield LvL. 80 PvP Commander
Legendsmith LvL. 65 PvP Sergeant (Subject to change)

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
I thought it was just me that this was happening to. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my computer to be honest.

Hero
May 07, 2015
this happens to me sometimes as well, like when it started happening I tried to open an browser and the white screen covered the browser

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Hey Steven! It's Artur. I usually exit out of wiz by hitting the "Start" button after i hit quit and exit out by right clicking on the taskbar. Hope this helps.
~Rainbowheart
~Raincloud
~Blood

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Just do what I do which is ending it via task manager. You can Open task manager on windows by pressing Ctrl+shift+Esc. If you are a full screen Player you can use windows key+D And this brings up windows desktop. Great for when Wizard101 is stuck in full screen mode.

I am sure they are working on fixing this issue. I have it too. I am communicating with support to attempt to get a solution. So a possible fix should be in the future :)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
This issue seems to be common since the most recent patch to the game. I sent a message to them in which they successfully read so I'm sure they are working on a fix very soon.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Thanks, hopefully they do fix it soon. I will use your suggestions until they do.