Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Why do topics automatically lock after a certain amount of time?

Where did the edit button go?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
After a few months threads will lock automatically to prevent "necroing." (And I'm not talking about death magic .) If there's a specific thread you'd like to discuss reviving, feel free to contact us at community@wizard101.com.

Thanks!

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Its a slang term used for when someone "digs up an old thread" on a forum and comments on it months after the last comment. It can lead to a lot of confusion.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Dworgyn on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
Its a slang term used for when someone "digs up an old thread" on a forum and comments on it months after the last comment. It can lead to a lot of confusion.
Dworgyn,

Would it help if we told you to lock down certain posts? I've noticed a few posts that are getting necroed. Such as a PVP one in the Bugs section.... that I'm sure you'll see. Also is like a month long enough to be locked- or does it need to be like two months? Sorry and thanks!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Dworgyn on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
How does it cause confusion? Can't people just read the previous posts?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
How does it cause confusion? Can't people just read the previous posts?
Things change over time in the game. A post about how something was in 2012 might not be applicable to the current game. You can read locked posts, they just cannot be added to. It prevents out of date posts from being renewed to the top of the list. It's common practice in forums.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Also the case where people ask for help or want to meet up, then they do, but if it never gets locked some people might not realize that it was from a week ago