Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck at level 58 cant go anywhere!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I'm a death wizard at level 58 and I just cant beat anything boss or minions. its not just celestia its wintertusk to. please can someone give me advice play. oh and btw i play solo because i have no friends JK but i do play solo. Please give advice

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Hello, Ryan.

Better gear will be a big benefit for you. Once you get to 60, head into Waterworks and get in some groups.

Until then, take some time prior to each fight to look at the enemies you'll be fighting. Make sure you have shields that can reduce their damage against you, and that you have prisms if your enemies include a death type.

Pick up a Jewel of the Feint in the Bazaar. Use this and your spell Feint on the same enemy to deal triple damage from a single attack. Tackle one enemy at a time. Once one enemy is defeated, you will take far less damage.

As a Death wizard, you have drains, which are enormously handy attack spells. A drain cast on a double-feinted enemy will give you a large heal while removing that enemy.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
If you have bad gear then that's your problem. Get resistance gear, preferably the Level 56/8 sets.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Thank you Liam i will defo try to get some better gear, your tips should help as well.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Also how do i get the jewel of feint at the bazaar?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Oct 8, 2016 wrote:
Also how do i get the jewel of feint at the bazaar?
If you are still looking for this Item, the Jewel of the Feint is an Amulet that is sold at the Bazaar. Here are the details from one of the fansites:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Jewel_of_the_Feint#axzz4MiFlStTF

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
To buy bazaar gear just go to the bazaar in wizard city/old town, and talk to the shopkeeper. You'll need some gold.

The easiest way to get gold is simply to sell any gear you've picked up you don't need, usually at the bazaar as well. This empties out your backpack so it can hold more items and generates gold, you should do it every time your backpack gets close to full, even if you don't need to buy anything.

Some items have the "no auction" flag, these can't be sold at the bazaar, but they can be sold to vendors. Just run up to the shopping district and visit the cloak shop to sell any no auction personal gear you don't want; no auction furniture items can be sold at the furniture shop, and no auction seeds can be sold to Farley in Golem Court.

To search for gear to buy at the bazaar, walk up to the shopkeeper and click x to talk to him. The bazaar buy/sell window will open, you'll have to wait a few seconds for it to load properly. Click the "usable" checkbox so it won't display items too high for your level. Click the top of the class column so your class only items are listed first, then the top of the level column so the highest usable level is listed first. Then you'll have to do some reading to find the best available items.

Get one each of the best hat, robe, shoes, athame and ring. Amulets, wands and decks are a little different from the other gear, you don't really need the "best available" like the first five items I mentioned. What amulet you want depends mostly on the spell it gives. At level 39 you may not bother with one. Don't worry about decks much.

Wands are usually best if they give a power pip and have as few wand blasts as possible (more wand blasts are just more useless cards to throw away). The first power pip wands are not available until level 40, before that you want a wand that gives a white pip or no wand at all. You want a wand that throws wand blasts from a different school than your primary, it matters little which one.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
DanTheTerrible on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
To buy bazaar gear just go to the bazaar in wizard city/old town, and talk to the shopkeeper. You'll need some gold.

The easiest way to get gold is simply to sell any gear you've picked up you don't need, usually at the bazaar as well. This empties out your backpack so it can hold more items and generates gold, you should do it every time your backpack gets close to full, even if you don't need to buy anything.

Some items have the "no auction" flag, these can't be sold at the bazaar, but they can be sold to vendors. Just run up to the shopping district and visit the cloak shop to sell any no auction personal gear you don't want; no auction furniture items can be sold at the furniture shop, and no auction seeds can be sold to Farley in Golem Court.

To search for gear to buy at the bazaar, walk up to the shopkeeper and click x to talk to him. The bazaar buy/sell window will open, you'll have to wait a few seconds for it to load properly. Click the "usable" checkbox so it won't display items too high for your level. Click the top of the class column so your class only items are listed first, then the top of the level column so the highest usable level is listed first. Then you'll have to do some reading to find the best available items.

Get one each of the best hat, robe, shoes, athame and ring. Amulets, wands and decks are a little different from the other gear, you don't really need the "best available" like the first five items I mentioned. What amulet you want depends mostly on the spell it gives. At level 39 you may not bother with one. Don't worry about decks much.

Wands are usually best if they give a power pip and have as few wand blasts as possible (more wand blasts are just more useless cards to throw away). The first power pip wands are not available until level 40, before that you want a wand that gives a white pip or no wand at all. You want a wand that throws wand blasts from a different school than your primary, it matters little which one.
Aquila has a lovely wand called the Sky Iron Hasta. This drops very frequently from Olympus, which should easy enough to solo in the 50s. The wand grants some fire hits, a Power Pip at the start of battle -- and +10% damage to all schools. It works on any wizard level 30 or higher, but cannot be auctioned.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
Aquila has a lovely wand called the Sky Iron Hasta. This drops very frequently from Olympus, which should easy enough to solo in the 50s. The wand grants some fire hits, a Power Pip at the start of battle -- and +10% damage to all schools. It works on any wizard level 30 or higher, but cannot be auctioned.
It doesn't really drop persay, it's given by the quest. Every wizard in the dungeon, even those not in battle, gets it when Ares is defeated.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
Good point. Yes, I have a couple of characters that have farmed the Hasta. Its a great wand for its level, and well beyond, there's no good reason to replace it unless you get nice loot drop like the Sidhe Staff that drops in Mirror lake, or some of the high level wands that drop in Azteca or beyond. It is a bit lame for a fire wizard, who can't use the wand blasts to pop Weaknesses or Tower Shields without burning his fire blades and traps.

My only issue with the Sky Iron Hasta is it's kind of lame looking. I think I have successfully stitched it before, so you can make it look like something else if you can spare 100 crowns. As I recall the spear thrust animation it invokes when you use a wand blast is pretty cool.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Thanks to everyone also i have a life mastery amulet and i my secondary school is life should i keep this or get the jewel of the feint amulet?

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
Thanks to everyone also i have a life mastery amulet and i my secondary school is life should i keep this or get the jewel of the feint amulet?
You will want to keep that Life Mastery either in your backpack or bank. It is a NO AUCTION item and you may want to use it at some other time in battle. You can go ahead and get the Jewel of the Feint which gives you an Enhanced Feint, and it is stackable with a regular feint and a TC feint.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Life Mastery is always worth keeping even if you store it away in your shared bank. Jewel of the Feint is probably more useful for boss fights though. It stacks with regular feint and TC feint for huge damage, and huge healing if you are using a drain attack.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
?????
Like the others mentioned, keep the Life Mastery,
Blade and Trap smartly while keeping up your shields when necessary (watch the enemy's pips to know when is a good time to shield).
Crafted Level 56 Gear is a solid choice for your level as well.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
pets are crucial, mind you as a fellow death student that has solo all except the obvious. the best advice to give you is to take more advantage of treasure cards! as they are the easy way to go for any solo project. focus on stacking feints for or traps for your easyiest card strategy. key notes are to use zero pip spells as much as possible to save as many pips as you can for damage hit. my personal favorit at low level are the weakness spells. tower shields are good to help negate the feint traps that stack on you. good luck have fun hope this quick walk threw helps.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Thank you all for your help i am now LVL 62 and am going through CL a lot easier.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Base that decision off your own experience. For example, if you die often in boss battles, keep the life mastery on.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Sep 25, 2016 wrote:
I'm a death wizard at level 58 and I just cant beat anything boss or minions. its not just celestia its wintertusk to. please can someone give me advice play. oh and btw i play solo because i have no friends JK but i do play solo. Please give advice
Everyone else gave good advice, but here's something most of them missed.

Do side quests, or at least some of them. You'll need them to get certain rewards, for example some astral spells, and they'll make the game easier.