Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulet (Particularly Ice)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2016
Hey guys!
New to the Wizard101 forum and my question was, I keep seeing these mastery amulets in the crown shop and in the forums. I have literally no idea at all what they do, could someone please explain them to me? I have searched already but couldn't find anything. Do they allow you to use your power pip for spells outside your school?

Help pleaseeeee

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Yes that's exactly what they allow. Power pips can be used for your school plus whatever school mastery amulet you have on. Life Mastery is especially useful for some schools when solo questing at higher levels because you can cast Satyr for 2 PP or Pixie for 1PP.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
ConnorFireHammer20... on Sep 25, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys!
New to the Wizard101 forum and my question was, I keep seeing these mastery amulets in the crown shop and in the forums. I have literally no idea at all what they do, could someone please explain them to me? I have searched already but couldn't find anything. Do they allow you to use your power pip for spells outside your school?

Help pleaseeeee
I'm assuming your primary school is Fire, because I see that you included a Fire symbol.

Since you are a Fire Wizard, you can use power pips ONLY for Fire spells. A power pip will count as a regular pip if you use an Ice spell, for example. If you buy an Ice mastery amulet and equip it, you will be able to use power pips for Ice spells, as well as Fire ones.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yes!

Here is a link from Professor Greyrose.

I use a Life Mastery one on my Ice character (I never die) and I have used a fire one a couple times and my Balance has a death one. They can be usefully up to a point. Just remember to use it for your secondary schools!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2016
A mastery amulet of a school allows you to cast spells of that school with power pips.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Mastery amulets allow you to use Power Pips to cast spells of their school. You still need to use Training Points or Treasure Cards to access spells of that school. In later levels, you will want other, specialized gear to increase the damage and accuracy of the Mastery school.

Ice is often used defensively for spells such as Tower Shield. These are very handy spells, but they cost no pips, so the amulet would not benefit you for this sort of spell.