Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Add The Option To Remove Quests From Book

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I would love it if they added the ability to remove quests. I am a level 97 and there are side quests that I have from Krokatopia and and Marleybone that I havent the time to do and it's annoying to have all the quests cluttering up my quest book

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
This is a SUBERB idea. Every once in a while when i get a membership I lose my Storyline Quest. I also think they should add a colour to represent storyline.

Valdus SpellCaster, Level 56Train:, Currently in Stormriven, Celestia

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Take the few minutes to clear them and stop accepting side quests you don't intend on finishing. KI has said repeatedly that they won't do this. You accepted the assignment, complete it.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I am kinda surprised this hasn't been added to the list of topics that won't get approved by board moderators. KI has stated already that deleting quests will not happen, no matter how many people make an irritating number of threads about it. Threads of this nature are just cluttering up the boards with people who, for some irrational reason, refuse to accept reality.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
See, with all do respect. What you said doesn't really work nor apply to me and thousands of other players. I started playing when I was 8 and i'm 16 now. I have 6 pages of sidequests from playing over the course of the last 8 years and to go through and ride my book of all of them would not only reap a small amount of reward, but would be very tedious and give me a negative look on the game.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
or make the quest book how they have the badges set, where it's world by world, zeke/book stand, crafting, story line, and all in one

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
bloodrider79992 on Sep 22, 2016 wrote:
See, with all do respect. What you said doesn't really work nor apply to me and thousands of other players. I started playing when I was 8 and i'm 16 now. I have 6 pages of sidequests from playing over the course of the last 8 years and to go through and ride my book of all of them would not only reap a small amount of reward, but would be very tedious and give me a negative look on the game.
If you actually took the time to do them you would find that your level is boosted way beyond the minimum requirements, giving you a significant leg up in battle. If completing a game instead of just scraping by with the minimum would give you a "negative look" on the game, go play something else.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
camahawk on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
or make the quest book how they have the badges set, where it's world by world, zeke/book stand, crafting, story line, and all in one
I like that idea

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'd love to see that option put in. Several side quests been in my book for more than a year. Most likely I won't do them. I took them for 2 reasons. 1# I thought I liked the quest. 2# To accept the quest so quest finder can find the next quest in the world I'm in. If we do have that option to remove from book, the quest can be found again by using quest finder. I think it's a good idea and will work without causing harm to the game.

Tarlac Swiftblade 110

Arthur Battlethorn 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Explorer
May 09, 2011
This will never happen. KI support will be flooded instantly with stuff like "Help! I deleted my storyline quest and I don't know where to pick up!" Of course, there are quest trees and the quest finder, but are you really gonna want to go through the entire Spiral just to get back on track? No.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BluJewel on Sep 25, 2016 wrote:
This will never happen. KI support will be flooded instantly with stuff like "Help! I deleted my storyline quest and I don't know where to pick up!" Of course, there are quest trees and the quest finder, but are you really gonna want to go through the entire Spiral just to get back on track? No.
Not only that, it's a bad message to kids. Don't feel like doing your assignments or chores? Sure, just remove the ones you don't like. Nevermind the fact that you AGREED to do it. You were given a choice. Accepting an optional request is optional as it should be, but telling someone you'll do something for them and then just reneging on that and pretending you didn't agree is just wrong. If you don't want to do an assignment, click decline, don't accept the task.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
It's so simple, yes have the ability to remove side quests and only side quests that way story quests can never be removed and there would be no downside to this. It would make it easier for players, and it will probably help Kingisle in some way I'm not thinking of

Jordan Nightblood lvl 110
Jordan Stormblood lvl 82
Jordan Fireblood lvl 31
Jordan Battleblood lvl 24

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
BluJewel on Sep 25, 2016 wrote:
Who said storyline quest can be deleted. We are talking about side quests and if for some reason the storyline does get deleted, we don't have to go though the entire spiral to find it. The quest finder only finds quests in the world your wizard is standing in. I don't believe it would be a problem as much as you think

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 26, 2016 wrote:
Not only that, it's a bad message to kids. Don't feel like doing your assignments or chores? Sure, just remove the ones you don't like. Nevermind the fact that you AGREED to do it. You were given a choice. Accepting an optional request is optional as it should be, but telling someone you'll do something for them and then just reneging on that and pretending you didn't agree is just wrong. If you don't want to do an assignment, click decline, don't accept the task.
I don't believe it's a bad massage to kids. Taking responsibilities and doing chores in real life is different than playing this game and kids know that. There may be a few that don't but an option to delete side quests shouldn't be denied for the sake of a those few kids. Maybe some quests are not as good as they thought they were and it's their privilege to not do them which will remain in their quest book. Say if kids do become irresponsible, It's a parenting problem not a game problem. I do understand where you are coming and It's a good thought but I wouldn't worry about it . :)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i'ma repeat my comment, make the quest book like the badge selection, by worlds, zeke, books, school spells, main, side, etc. would that solve a bit, i say yes, instead of scrolling through 20 pages for one quest, you can click say Zeke, and see all his quests for finding what is needed in what ever world

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
camahawk on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
i'ma repeat my comment, make the quest book like the badge selection, by worlds, zeke, books, school spells, main, side, etc. would that solve a bit, i say yes, instead of scrolling through 20 pages for one quest, you can click say Zeke, and see all his quests for finding what is needed in what ever world
That would be a good idea too

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I don't believe it's a bad massage to kids. Taking responsibilities and doing chores in real life is different than playing this game and kids know that. There may be a few that don't but an option to delete side quests shouldn't be denied for the sake of a those few kids. Maybe some quests are not as good as they thought they were and it's their privilege to not do them which will remain in their quest book. Say if kids do become irresponsible, It's a parenting problem not a game problem. I do understand where you are coming and It's a good thought but I wouldn't worry about it . :)
It's all moot since KI has stated several times that this won't happen. It's really very simple, you know that you cannot delete quests. So don't accept them if you don't want to do them. It takes very little time to clear out the quests by completing them, then you have a totally empty book and you can start back to not accepting them. Deleting quests creates more problems than the perceived "problem" it solves.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
It's all moot since KI has stated several times that this won't happen. It's really very simple, you know that you cannot delete quests. So don't accept them if you don't want to do them. It takes very little time to clear out the quests by completing them, then you have a totally empty book and you can start back to not accepting them. Deleting quests creates more problems than the perceived "problem" it solves.
You and a couple others are missing mine are other players point. Deleting quests creates more problems is not true. Maybe problems for you but not to others. It's not just about what you, me or KI wants. It's about the community's interests as well to improve the game with more convenience and enjoyment. Mine and a couple other posts explained it clear and simple. Obviously you haven't read them careful enough. I'm not going to write it again. Why do we need to make things so difficult by arguing on other's interests. KI Administrators did say "we all need to come together in a family not be divided created "End of story!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
What you aren't realizing is that it is a bad message. Games have a big influence on children and if you had the option to delete a quest from the book and your mom said you had to do the dishes, but you went and said an hour later that you weren't gonna do it. That's called laziness, even though I myself am a lazy person. However we all do things we don't like in life.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
BluJewel on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
What you aren't realizing is that it is a bad message. Games have a big influence on children and if you had the option to delete a quest from the book and your mom said you had to do the dishes, but you went and said an hour later that you weren't gonna do it. That's called laziness, even though I myself am a lazy person. However we all do things we don't like in life.
That's not always true and I do realize it. Having side quests in the book won't teach kids anything. If a player doesn't want to their side quest, they wont. It will just sit there adding to the inconvenience for months or years to come I have 3 kids of my own who plays games like this one. I just have to put my foot down and take the game way or ground them if the don't want to do their chores when should and they know that. I've seen other parents do the same thing. The point is it's all about parenting not the games. Please read my post from Sept 27, 12:30 pm. KI is doing a good job and will do what they do for the interests of their plays in time, to do good business. :)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
You and a couple others are missing mine are other players point. Deleting quests creates more problems is not true. Maybe problems for you but not to others. It's not just about what you, me or KI wants. It's about the community's interests as well to improve the game with more convenience and enjoyment. Mine and a couple other posts explained it clear and simple. Obviously you haven't read them careful enough. I'm not going to write it again. Why do we need to make things so difficult by arguing on other's interests. KI Administrators did say "we all need to come together in a family not be divided created "End of story!
You are missing the point. KI admin have already said this won't happen. So yes it does matter what KI wants. The truth is you have never been able to delete quests. KI has always maintained that they will not change this. So the ONLY solution to your problem is what I said. Stop accepting sides and complete or ignore the ones you already have.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
This thread is only going in useless, bickering circles. KI will not add this option, end of story.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Starblood653 on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
This thread is only going in useless, bickering circles. KI will not add this option, end of story.
You'll never know. KI can decide to change things even after they said no several time. as long as it doesn't violate security means. All it takes are enough players to speak up. It's not a good idea to say KI will never do what has been requested by many. It will make people think they don't take time to care about their players and that will not look good for the company. KI did many changes before because we are like costumers who pay them to remain in business which makes us valuable. That's the way it works in the business world. So stay positive and don't give up just because a few of us heard no for awhile. Some of you may contradict this post which is fine but it only means you don't understand and need to read my posts again because I'm not going to repeat myself. Thank you!

Hero
May 07, 2015
guys, KI will never allow this, so just move on and forget about it, there is other things to worry about, so, please, just forget about this and move on, I don't wanna see this turn into a fight, or more of a fight if it is already one, just, please. thank you.

-Miranda jade song 93