Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim and Wysteria are side quests??

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I am getting so stressed about this game lately that it's causing stress and anxiety attacks.

wizard finished Mooshu and immediately gets two world keys at once, Grizzleheim and Wysteria; I figure, ok, grizzleheims is supposed to come first, but I really hate Wysteria, so do it first and get rid of it. I barely start it and I get yet another key for Celestia. I finished Wysteria and forgot I hadn't done Grizzleheim, only started it. I started on Celestia and finally finished it last night.

I went to Merle for key to Zafaria and when I started there, I noticed the alignment of keys was off . . . something missing . . . checked MAX wiz and found that Grizzleheim had been removed.

Now, after taking 6 wizards through the game where these were assigned in order instead of more than one at a time, I am told Grizzleheim and Wysteria are side quests. Side quests where you have to go to get school spells and school pets. IF you don't have access, you can't get your spells or pets . . . right? That means they are part of the required worlds and necessary. I don't want to do them after progressing to Zafaria . . . it's like going backwards!

It's very stressful. I play this game because it relaxes me and keeps my mind off problems that cause me stress and anxiety . . . now, my remedy for that is causing it.

Please!!!!!! assign these worlds in order and only one at a time . . . had no idea those two worlds were not part of the story line. How many more are unnecessary side quests? Couple this with the game freezes, lost connections and broken network errors, and you can see why it would be causing anxiety and stress.

THis little wizard will be weak, cause I'm not taking him backwards.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The spells aren't really necessary for completing the game. They are all utility spells. I personally like Grizzleheim/Wintertusk as a break from the main grind between Dragonspyre and Celestia. It falls between the first and second story arc perfectly. Wysteria I only go through enough for Zeke's training point quest.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Wysteria is a side world, completely optional, that starts around level 25. The benefit to doing it is XP, an extra training point, and gold. There's a pet (golden piggle) that is cute-but-useless.

Grizzleheim is a side world, sort of optional, that starts at level 20. The XP in Grizzleheim is minimal, but the gear and gold you will earn is considerable. In Wintertusk, the XP is huge, and again there's a lot of gear and gold to be won. You can earn two training points from completing both Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

You will get further calls to return to Grizzleheim (assuming you've completed the each previous segment) at levels 25, 35, 40 and 45. There is one extra utility spell quest at level 35 after you've opened up Mirkwood. Once you've finished Ravenscar, you will get access to Wintertusk. In Wintertusk there is another utility spell quest once you pass level 55 and are in Sudriland. Furthermore, there is a school pet quest (I don't remember what level it is, might be level 58). In order to continue getting your school pets, you must have completed Sudriland and gotten your school pet.

So Grizzleheim/Wintertusk are optional - you can complete the game without them - but to get all your spells and pets you will need to do them.

If you don't have access to Grizzleheim, check Baldur Goldpaws near the Bazaar and/or Merle in his office. You will have to keep going back to Merle at the levels highlighted above (or after you complete an area) in order to advance in Grizzleheim/reach Wintertusk. Merle have a for you when you've advanced enough to unlock the next level of Grizzleheim.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
IS fine when delivered after Mooshu or Dragonspyre, in order, but when all piled on you at the same time it's a mess and confusing in the quest book . . . I got Grizzleheim and Wysteria at the same time and Dragonspyre shortly after which had all 3 in my current quests at the same time . . . when they told me they weren't storyline, I said I just wouldn't do them then and asked them to remove them from my quest book . . . they wouldn't do it. The book is in such a mess that I am tempted to delete the wizard and start over . . . I have quit using him because the quest book is a mess.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
cardorarla on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
IS fine when delivered after Mooshu or Dragonspyre, in order, but when all piled on you at the same time it's a mess and confusing in the quest book . . . I got Grizzleheim and Wysteria at the same time and Dragonspyre shortly after which had all 3 in my current quests at the same time . . . when they told me they weren't storyline, I said I just wouldn't do them then and asked them to remove them from my quest book . . . they wouldn't do it. The book is in such a mess that I am tempted to delete the wizard and start over . . . I have quit using him because the quest book is a mess.
In the future, any quest that offers you the option to Accept or Decline is optional. Storyline quests cannot be declined.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
seethe42 on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
In the future, any quest that offers you the option to Accept or Decline is optional. Storyline quests cannot be declined.
Actually, after you accept the Grizzleheim and Wysteria quests, you can't deny them. They are actually considered storyline quests, but are NOT required to finish the game's main storyline.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
Storyline quests don't have a decline option in the quest dialog. They can still be declined. With the dialog open, click escape and go to your character selection screen. When you return that character to the world the quest dialog will be closed and you won't have the quest in your journal -- you have declined the quest.

This can be useful if you are trying to reduce clutter in your quest journal and finish up a some older quests before moving on with the mainline. But it is a bit risky in that it can confuse you when it comes time to go back to the mainline; you may not remember where to find the NPC that gives you the next mainline quest. If you have lost track of your next mainline quest the quest trees here can be helpful: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Quest_Lines .

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
seethe42 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
The spells aren't really necessary for completing the game. They are all utility spells. I personally like Grizzleheim/Wintertusk as a break from the main grind between Dragonspyre and Celestia. It falls between the first and second story arc perfectly. Wysteria I only go through enough for Zeke's training point quest.
How do you remove quest from book after doing only the Zeke part?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
cardorarla on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
How do you remove quest from book after doing only the Zeke part?
I don't understand what you mean. Zeke's quests are side quests and go away when you finish them. They don't lead to anything else. There's no "Zeke's part."

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
seethe42 on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
I don't understand what you mean. Zeke's quests are side quests and go away when you finish them. They don't lead to anything else. There's no "Zeke's part."
Yes; Zeke part goes away, but Grizzleheim quest doesn't . . . is there a way to get rid of the quest from the book WITHOUT loosing the door to grizzleheim?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Mooshu is really hard imo. Congratulations!

I skip around worlds to break up the grind and avoid boredom. I think it also helps (me) avoid stress. By the time I go back it seems new again :) And new usually means fun.

I liked Wysteria but then I liked just being able to walk on roads without being pulled into a street battle. Lol

A lot is helped too by trying to find someone higher level who will help you. Then the parts you do n't like will go by much faster. You can try 'teamup' but a lot of times no one answers. So it's nice to have a few quest buddies. I only call mine when it's really something I can't do otherwise, and I have no other quest I can do that is any easier.

I let them know ahead of time and always ask like it's optional and always profusely thank them. I'm still navigating that thin blade of how often to ask. I hardly ask at all as a result. There are times I'd like their company too but then I'm unsure when to end that for the day. And they also assume I want quest help so there isn't a lot of downtime once they are there anyway. I can't tell if some want it that way (just quest, no chat) or not.

So I know it can be awkward to ask for higher level players' help but sometimes it does make the boring parts go faster. Some of the collection quests are a real grind.

I dunno if that helps you but maybe it will help others if not.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
FWIW I kind of like leaving some bits and going back - it seems like a refreshing break after some of the harder stuff. Like a vacation for the wizard. :D

But everyone's different.