Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

people entering battles w/ not being wanted

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2016
I am really getting mad about how there are people entering my battles and they are like "I'll play!" and they don't even ask me first! Plz make it to where if they try to enter the battle, there will be a pop up asking about if you accept them to join or not; and everyone that has been accepted into the battle and is in the battle will be asked the same question. So it is like a vote thingy.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't mind if wizards join in. But they should share the killing since it's my battle they walked in to. I get upset when a wizard joins then takes off the next round or 2 and leave me 3 to fight which messes me up. Same as a dungeon that requires a team and he/she takes off half way through the quest. It doesn't only mess me up, it messes the team up. Payers need to judge their time better before entering a dungeon with others.

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Seth Stormstalker110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
its a shame the game can't downloaded so you can just play it on your computer as a stand alone game. Until this happens, the best thing you can do is switch to a realm that's super quiet, and enjoy solo battles for as long as they last. Additionally, as you level, challenges get harder, and you'll find yourself in battles, with less of those pesky players jumping in to mess up your game flow.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you want to play alone, go to a realm that is "perfect" and low down the list. It will have fewer people. You will likely see no one else.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
If you want to play alone, go to a realm that is "perfect" and low down the list. It will have fewer people. You will likely see no one else.
Yeah that's probably the best solution.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I find that to be really irritating too. I'm in Azteca and I have people just joining without asking and I'm like, seriously?! For some reason, they do it more often in this world than in past worlds I've been in. Often I'll build my deck to fight two at a time, not three or four. And it really annoys me when I'm near the end of the fight and they join. I'll be sitting here either almost out of fight cards or they're all gone, so I just leave it up to them to fight their enemy they brought into the game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Alexan580 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
I find that to be really irritating too. I'm in Azteca and I have people just joining without asking and I'm like, seriously?! For some reason, they do it more often in this world than in past worlds I've been in. Often I'll build my deck to fight two at a time, not three or four. And it really annoys me when I'm near the end of the fight and they join. I'll be sitting here either almost out of fight cards or they're all gone, so I just leave it up to them to fight their enemy they brought into the game.
I have to agree this is most annoying. I play with a minimal deck most of the time while soloing mobs. I have the cards in my deck to kill all in the least possible turns without needing to draw or discard ever. Adding another minion doesn't usually matter, but when they time it poorly and join right as I'm casting an AOE that kills all but the new one they added, it really is frustrating.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I have a solution to those who runs out of cards while playing a small deck. You can buy Reshuffle and put a couple in your tc deck. Casting that spell will put all your cards back in your deck. You can get them in from Bazaar or the Archivist in District of the Stars; Celestia.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
I have a solution to those who runs out of cards while playing a small deck. You can buy Reshuffle and put a couple in your tc deck. Casting that spell will put all your cards back in your deck. You can get them in from Bazaar or the Archivist in District of the Stars; Celestia.
Most do carry them, however it still takes 3 rounds to get the pips to cast it and then however many more rounds to attack. This gives your opponents several free attack rounds. That is more than enough to kill wizards at certain levels.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
i personally like playing with other players in a battle
as long as they are around the same level rang as me, the battle is easier
and more mobs defeated = more exp and gold

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
Most do carry them, however it still takes 3 rounds to get the pips to cast it and then however many more rounds to attack. This gives your opponents several free attack rounds. That is more than enough to kill wizards at certain levels.
true, Casting reshuffle can make it harder for wizards to survive going solo. It's about strategy and the gear you have in defense and offense to help those win battles. Wizards may still get defeated in any battle but it's a sure defeat if you run out of cards. This is just a suggestion.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Myuluf on Sep 19, 2016 wrote:
I am really getting mad about how there are people entering my battles and they are like "I'll play!" and they don't even ask me first! Plz make it to where if they try to enter the battle, there will be a pop up asking about if you accept them to join or not; and everyone that has been accepted into the battle and is in the battle will be asked the same question. So it is like a vote thingy.
I made a topic which suggested an option could be added to our player control panel. You know, where it says allow friend requests: yes/none/in game/friend finder?

One could be added for this too.

Many who have posted in here (I've just seen this topic btw) disagree with it being an option for anyone. But I think battle crashing upsets many players, so as with all other player options, I think this is a good one.
I am mainly talking about Wizard City I guess, since some other players have said higher level worlds do not have the long streets with multiple battle circles. But I think it would be fine if this option were everywhere.

Instead of changing their behavior some players just want you to flee them. I already do pick perfect realms when I am trying to solo and it does not stop the battle crashing. Also since there are so many perfect realms, it would not seem to be a danger that 'battle spaces would be too crowded' since those players (who don't want others to say no to them) can just go to a perfect realm if theirs is crowded ;)

I always ask and most of the time the person says no. I ask politely so this shows me that most people do not want others running into their battle.

When you are new and don't have much mana it can kill you. Sometimes the players flee or they refuse to heal you or can't heal you. Then you've gone from nearly finished, to starting over but without any chance to refill your mana.

It feels like just finishing a really boring movie then having someone sit beside you and make you watch it from the beginning again :p

Even if the movie were good I don't always want to watch it two times in a row. (Just a small joke for levity.)

Now I want to add as I have said more than once before, that at the same time I often enjoy battling or questing with others. But I'd rather pick and choose the timing and maybe I need to take a break or answer the phone or log off for the night. And I find those who ask first are usually nicer.

Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
I've been having this problem too. Like I would be in a battle then random people would join the fight and another monster enters the fight. Most of the time, players would enter the fight then decides that they don't want to be in the battle anymore and leaves. But then leaving all the monsters for me to fight. Most of the time they stand back and watch you struggle. Like most of the time I don't mind if random players join in the fight with me. But leaving in the middle is not cool.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I don't mind so long as they are helpful and polite, which are much the same thing. Jumping in and then not fighting is rude. Jumping in and then letting the spell selection timer run out every turn is extremely rude. They should only jump in if they need to kill the creature type I am fighting, and for heavens sake drag in a third creature of that type, dragging in a different creature that won't help my quest is rude. They should be prepared to kill any extra creature they drag in, as the player who started the fight may not have enough cards in his deck to take out extra creatures.

If you can't comply with the above, don't jump in or at least ask permission first.

I jump into other player's street fights all the time. I am not sure if I have irritated people doing so, but in fact no one has ever complained. I follow all the above politeness rules religiously, and in addition always make sure I have a heal other wizard spell (not just fairy) or two to help out the other guy if he's running low on health.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Jumping in without asking was rude. Nothing done after that can be considered polite.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
as you get higher level you will get to a point where you are glad to have someone jump in.. I always ask before jumping in.. it is polite.. I really don't mind people jumping in if they help out.. what i really don't like is if they are a low level person and they are just there for the loot and exp..

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
I had a very similar problem with people porting to me, usually someone around lvl 30 when i was soloing in Khrysalis, people porting to me and pulling in another enemy, resulting in us both getting killed. It's more of an annoyance than anything, and random people joining happens to me less often, but it usually leads to the same outcome.

I'd recommend for those situations to either have ports off while soloing, or joining a realm that is 'Perfect' (a majority of these are ghost towns).

If you're feeling pretty mean or cheeky, you could wait until the third enemy joins and then flee to leave the person who jumped you to their fate

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
Jumping in without asking was rude. Nothing done after that can be considered polite.
I think its more of the community of Wizard101 choosing for it to be rude.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
frostednutella on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I think its more of the community of Wizard101 choosing for it to be rude.
How is interrupting someone who is minding his own business and playing the game as he enjoys it anything but rude? How is wasting his time by joining him without permission not impolite? If one has not a) been invited or b) asked permission, one should not assume that another player wants her company. She should absolutely not barge in. If he has not said yes, the presumed answer is "No." Consent is not implicit.

The player who is already playing should be given the respect and courtesy of being asked before the battle he is currently playing is extended.

That said, I do not advocate for any game control to prevent players from joining. Discourtesy isn't against the rules and it shouldn't be. Harassment, hate speech, spam reporting that prevents a player from choosing a spell in a PVP match - all should be against the rules and they are. Simple impolite behavior is a fact of life and should not be mandated, merely discouraged. One should still have the right to choose to be rude, although I personally hope that nobody would make that choice. Courtesy is only courtesy if it is a choice.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
That's completely untrue. That's just your opinion. Joining then fleeing, doing nothing, letting the timer count out... those are rude. Joining and contributing to the fight isn't rude at all in a MMO setting. If I need something for my daily assignment, I'm gonna join and kill them all first round. If you happen to be in the circle that has what I need for my assignment, deal with it. There's nothing rude about joining a public battle in a PUBLIC area of the game. I won't join unless I see they don't have the pips to kill, if they have the pips I'll ask first. But either way it's not rude to join. What you do after you join determines that.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
How is interrupting someone who is minding his own business and playing the game as he enjoys it anything but rude? How is wasting his time by joining him without permission not impolite? If one has not a) been invited or b) asked permission, one should not assume that another player wants her company. She should absolutely not barge in. If he has not said yes, the presumed answer is "No." Consent is not implicit.

The player who is already playing should be given the respect and courtesy of being asked before the battle he is currently playing is extended.

That said, I do not advocate for any game control to prevent players from joining. Discourtesy isn't against the rules and it shouldn't be. Harassment, hate speech, spam reporting that prevents a player from choosing a spell in a PVP match - all should be against the rules and they are. Simple impolite behavior is a fact of life and should not be mandated, merely discouraged. One should still have the right to choose to be rude, although I personally hope that nobody would make that choice. Courtesy is only courtesy if it is a choice.
My point was that it isn't rude to everyone but it is still rude. Some of the Wizard101 community find it rude because the community as made it seem rude. It's similar to what is weird or rude in our society because we made it like that.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts and thoughts and input. I can agree with at least part of most if not all of them as well.

I don't wanna rehash my post or others', but I did think Paige raised an interesting point about courtesy. (Others did too, as far as how they each define it.)
To me courtesy isn't the only issue involved. Some others touched on ways the battle crashing thing is abused, and leaves the original player at a disadvantage. I'm still unclear why it even happens, when it's so easy to ask first (even in menu chat), or to use a different circle, OR to flee to a perfect realm oneself, if that one is too crowded.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, I could do that. But I'm not trying to deal with an extended fight. Part of the reason why I use a small deck is because it allows for a faster fight.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Alexan580 on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, I could do that. But I'm not trying to deal with an extended fight. Part of the reason why I use a small deck is because it allows for a faster fight.
You don't need treasure cards. Anybody can learn reshuffle for a training point. I always have a reshuffle in my deck.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Joining fights is part of the game. If someone don't like that aspact of the game, then reconsider playing the game. It's part of the overall strategy of the game. Prepare for it! That being said.... I personally do not join fights unless I know I can kill the mobs myself quickly and can heal others if need be. There is nothing rude about joining a fight under this condition at all. Just remember... Joining is part of the game and plan accordingly . If that means packing a heal and reshuffle TC then do it. Don't be a cry baby about it though. Gosh ..it's only a game, and if no one dies than no worries. Now teleporting to people is different . But in that case it can be controlled by turning off ports.