Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Access to the celestial blades!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
I notice that in game a lot of high tier bosses can use the spells solar blade and moon blade, and I was wondering if those spells could be included as trainable for wizards. For those of you who don't know the spells are as follows: solar blade, tri-blade with life, fire, and storm. Moon blade, tri-blade with ice, Death, and myth. These spells already exist and are used bosses in game, but the one I want to introduce is star blade, it would one balance, shadow and moon blade. Yes I realize how overpowered that sounds but maybe the balance blade would give +25%? And yes I think a shadow blade would be OK because as of now it comes from gear and I can't see into the future. Also I know a moon blade is almost useless but instead could it randomly give a blade? That would seem fine to me. But I really, really want access to these spells in the upcoming updates. They would be perfect for hybrid characters like myself and star blade could be pretty good for people who like to go mainstream.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I do not want these blades. I don't think they are necessary and there are a multitude of other spells I'd rather see first. Sorry.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
OK, I guess easy hybrid style players are tanked. But you do have me interested in what those other spells you would like to see are and I am adamant that at least the spells that are already in the game. Moon blade and solar blade be made mainstream.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Well, the number one Astral Spell that I want to see and was surprised not to see in the latest update was Bolstered Ward. It essentially is the "sharpened blade" of shields. That is number one.

After Bolstered Ward probably would be Spire Shield.

Here are some other ideas. I really just want new spells instead of repeats of old ones. I mean yeah, I guess the Celestial Blades would be okay, but I just don't have any classes that would use those pairings really. Maybe like build a blade or something would be cool. Dual blades that had a combination of the schools? Or even if it were like antithesis blades Ice/Fire Life/Death Storm/Myth?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
piratical505 on Sep 12, 2016 wrote:
I notice that in game a lot of high tier bosses can use the spells solar blade and moon blade, and I was wondering if those spells could be included as trainable for wizards. For those of you who don't know the spells are as follows: solar blade, tri-blade with life, fire, and storm. Moon blade, tri-blade with ice, Death, and myth. These spells already exist and are used bosses in game, but the one I want to introduce is star blade, it would one balance, shadow and moon blade. Yes I realize how overpowered that sounds but maybe the balance blade would give +25%? And yes I think a shadow blade would be OK because as of now it comes from gear and I can't see into the future. Also I know a moon blade is almost useless but instead could it randomly give a blade? That would seem fine to me. But I really, really want access to these spells in the upcoming updates. They would be perfect for hybrid characters like myself and star blade could be pretty good for people who like to go mainstream.
there is a loyal following to this idea, but it has never been a majority. I myself would like to see these be trainable because it would really open up people who use mastery amulets. You can find my post about it HERE. Yes, it's a few years old, but the ideas in the post still hold true today. As a whole, people dont think they're needed, but that doesnt mean they're not wanted. Who knows what the future will bring, and maybe these will happen. We can only wait and see

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It would be useful, especially from a support standpoint. Being able to support blades for spirit and elemental schools with the same spell would make blade stacking easier. But it's also not really needed, in most cases you are supporting a single hitter. This just adds more unnecessary blades to stack. We have already gotten to the point where stacking only school blades with sharps is enough to kill anything. I don't even carry elemental or spirit blades on any of my max wizards because they just waste pips. The only use for them is if I'm playing support.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
It would be useful, especially from a support standpoint. Being able to support blades for spirit and elemental schools with the same spell would make blade stacking easier. But it's also not really needed, in most cases you are supporting a single hitter. This just adds more unnecessary blades to stack. We have already gotten to the point where stacking only school blades with sharps is enough to kill anything. I don't even carry elemental or spirit blades on any of my max wizards because they just waste pips. The only use for them is if I'm playing support.
most of us have this same standpoint; that if we're the supporting wizard these would be great. As Im sure you've read my posts previously about this, I think it would round out the dual school wizard nicely, but as you correctly state, the pip cost vs a sharpened school blade doesnt make it worth it for the everyday usage. It would, of course, make getting the one in a million badges that much easier, with 2 more blades and traps you could add to the mix. However, that shouldnt be a reason not to include these spells into our trained repertoire

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I'd like them for support. I've asked for them in years past. Still hoping.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
most of us have this same standpoint; that if we're the supporting wizard these would be great. As Im sure you've read my posts previously about this, I think it would round out the dual school wizard nicely, but as you correctly state, the pip cost vs a sharpened school blade doesnt make it worth it for the everyday usage. It would, of course, make getting the one in a million badges that much easier, with 2 more blades and traps you could add to the mix. However, that shouldnt be a reason not to include these spells into our trained repertoire
Even if they don't add them as trainable spells, it would be worthwhile to add them as Treasure Cards for sale from the librarians.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
Even if they don't add them as trainable spells, it would be worthwhile to add them as Treasure Cards for sale from the librarians.
agreed, and would be a nice first step to see realistically if people are buying them enough to warrant the trainable version

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
seethe42 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
I'll agree to that one being alright.