Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Issue with game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2013
Logan Sharp on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if there was some bugs going along with the game recently. It seems that I cannot log into Wizard101, or if I do, the game takes a while to go somewhere. I constantly get the message "this area is not avalable, please try again later" but when I try again, it puts me through. Is this just a bug right now?
Same here but its fixed now

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Dworgyn, even though you say the game has been restored I am still having connectivity issues. Most times I cannot even log into the game at all. When I do get in I cannot go any where because of dc and server issues. Help please.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I tried to log into the game yesterday evening and was unable to. I tried this morning and was having the same issue. I tried all my characters and was not able to get past the log in screen. It said again failed to connect.

At one point I got one character in the pet pavilion but once I finished one game it disconnected and I was unable to feed my pet. What will happen to all my plants and other things that I was suppose to do on quests?

Thank you

Ryan Greensmith (Balance Wizard)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's still happening. Still getting area closed, cannot find zone, unable to connect.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I also still have a problem logging in today. Keep getting connection failed.

Ryan Greensmith (Balance Wizard)

Survivor
May 14, 2011
Having issues with certain characters not loading up and the whole game just crashes. One character I was able to play on was in Pet training area but I even had issues with it freezing up and not loading pet training.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Still having issues with connectivity. Any word on when this will be fixed?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
It keeps telling me can't connect to server at this time or booting me off this morning.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
It's still happening on my side. i'll get into the game, then the patcher will load something (i.e, it loaded a NPC) and would never go past 0%. Then i get the infamous words, "Could not connect to Wizard101, please try again later." I dont think it's limited to just me as a ton of my friends would dc as well.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
I can log in the game, play for about 15 minutes maybe 20. Right after it says "problem" and underneath it says "can't connect to wizard101, please try again later." Can anyone help? As to why it's doing this.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
Problems again this Wednesday morning... September 7.

Last evening, my playing time was interrupted mid-run on Loremaster in a team-up situation in which I was the tank *and hitter with three healers (which left me feeling as though I'd abandoned them until I found out it was a system-wide down and I had been desperately trying to check my internet and sign back in repeatedly). It was a couple of hours before I could log back in and even then I was booted back off a few times, so I knew better than to attempt any runs.

This morning I was able to log on easily, and figured everything is good to go now... but I was just booted again with a "cannot connect to server" message.

I understand problems happen. I'm not happy that this is occurring because I love to play, especially during the special events because I love to farm the B.O.X.E.S. (who can ever get enough sonic springs?) and I more than appreciate the double points for pet training and gardening. But this is really frustrating because this is happening during a time that I purposely freed up to be able to play to take advantage of these bonuses and B.O.X.E.S. (Yes, I'm addicted.)

I am hoping that KI will extend the celebration time for another day or two, to allow us to make up for interrupted time and lost drops from runs, so that those of us this has affected can have a chance to take advantage of the bonuses.

I also wish there was a bit more communication with what is going on, so we don't keep trying to log in when the servers are down.

Just my thoughts/wishes.

Thanks KI, and good luck with getting the servers back up.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
So i log in to the game, no problems getting in. However once i got in and specifically once i talk to a NPC. I start seeing the patch file for the character (mainly the ones that get them to speak). However it never goes past 0% and after like a minute or so, I get disconnected. I'm pretty sure this is happening to others as well as my friends list goes from a lot of people to very few.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Things appear to be in good working condition this morning as of around 8:30 am US Central. Again, we will continue to monitor the situation. Thank you for your patience.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
AngelaWinterHeart8... on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
Problems again this Wednesday morning... September 7.

Last evening, my playing time was interrupted mid-run on Loremaster in a team-up situation in which I was the tank *and hitter with three healers (which left me feeling as though I'd abandoned them until I found out it was a system-wide down and I had been desperately trying to check my internet and sign back in repeatedly). It was a couple of hours before I could log back in and even then I was booted back off a few times, so I knew better than to attempt any runs.

This morning I was able to log on easily, and figured everything is good to go now... but I was just booted again with a "cannot connect to server" message.

I understand problems happen. I'm not happy that this is occurring because I love to play, especially during the special events because I love to farm the B.O.X.E.S. (who can ever get enough sonic springs?) and I more than appreciate the double points for pet training and gardening. But this is really frustrating because this is happening during a time that I purposely freed up to be able to play to take advantage of these bonuses and B.O.X.E.S. (Yes, I'm addicted.)

I am hoping that KI will extend the celebration time for another day or two, to allow us to make up for interrupted time and lost drops from runs, so that those of us this has affected can have a chance to take advantage of the bonuses.

I also wish there was a bit more communication with what is going on, so we don't keep trying to log in when the servers are down.

Just my thoughts/wishes.

Thanks KI, and good luck with getting the servers back up.
I am also hoping we can get a "rain check day" for the double pet/gardening, boxes, and dailies we missed. Three of my guys had major garden issues today because of missed harvests and/or needs.

Thanks so much if you could consider this. Perhaps have BOXES and Lost Pages run through the coming weekend?

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I have had Numerous People telling me that the Connection is still unstable I have Loaded both of my accounts it is stable for a while but Then connection fades My router has nothing to do with connection to wizard 101 Also What happened to the " Customer is always right" Every time i email KI support i get that its not on Kingsisle's end its on mine When I am running a 150mb/s download connection and should not have this issue I have No Issues on any of my other games but this one I have Previous Development exprence And normally when this happens its due to Server overload or everyone trying to login at once
Please KI fix this issue I don't wanna have to stop playing bc i can't stay online to play

Survivor
Jun 09, 2016
Ok, I just learned that if there is any caps in my message that it will be automatically rejected. So here I go again!
Just wanted to report that since September 6, I have been struggling with recurrent disconnects, constant lag, inability to port, idleness during battles (that make it impossible to keep up in a team situation), and a number of other technical glitches that have been plaguing every aspect of gameplay for me. Today makes the third day of game difficulties. I am not a member but I am a long time player, and have just recently made a huge investment in their Crowns and Bundles sales. I am feeling truly disappointed as a Kings Isle fan and customer, and very frustrated at not being able to enjoy the game as I had hoped after all that I have spent. I actually feel a little taken.

I did write to Customer Service and Support and received the usual blanket answer that is spammed to everyone, that the game back in operations and all is well. But all is not well, and I hope that Kings Isle will pay attention to all the comments on this thread and make all of us happy customers again. I was relieved to find this thread and find a place to commiserate with fellow Wizards, and I will stay tuned.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Mackenzie Silverso... on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
Ok, I just learned that if there is any caps in my message that it will be automatically rejected. So here I go again!
Just wanted to report that since September 6, I have been struggling with recurrent disconnects, constant lag, inability to port, idleness during battles (that make it impossible to keep up in a team situation), and a number of other technical glitches that have been plaguing every aspect of gameplay for me. Today makes the third day of game difficulties. I am not a member but I am a long time player, and have just recently made a huge investment in their Crowns and Bundles sales. I am feeling truly disappointed as a Kings Isle fan and customer, and very frustrated at not being able to enjoy the game as I had hoped after all that I have spent. I actually feel a little taken.

I did write to Customer Service and Support and received the usual blanket answer that is spammed to everyone, that the game back in operations and all is well. But all is not well, and I hope that Kings Isle will pay attention to all the comments on this thread and make all of us happy customers again. I was relieved to find this thread and find a place to commiserate with fellow Wizards, and I will stay tuned.
I will have Customer Support reach out to you again to see if they can assist you. The particular issue from September 6th and 7th has been resolved.