Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Critical System HAS to be reverted!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
No offense, but this new critical system sucks.

Back in second age, criticals and blocks were key in PvP and PvE. Criticals and Blocks were both legitimate and based on luck, which I'm sure most of us were okay with.

Especially in Castle Darkmoor, where us exalted wizards dealt with the pain as malistaire landed on us consecutively until we've reached new heights by obtaining the darkmoor set and manage to block malistaire frequently.

The Darkmoor set gear was outstanding (though the fire hat needs a little buff to it's +14% Damage).

Most people were in love with this, especially diviners

Now, after hearing recent complaints about diviners landing on players in crucible, they were nerfed and along with the critical system, changed to make pvp matches faster and quicker.

But look at this,
Grandmasters that critical with a rating of 20 are landing on prodigious players with 300+ block. Does that make sense?

After that, the pvp system was changed to where crits would do 1.25x instead of 2x. Seriously? Just revert the system back!

This new critical system makes it seem like it's pointless to continue leveling, since everything lands on you even with an excessive amount of block.

Hey, max level players, how does it feel to get landed by a zafarian boss when you're farming mirror lake?

With diviners, they're stats are revolved around criticals and damage. That's why they have a low amount of health

I seriously am considering to not pvp anymore simply because this system is broken. The game population has also dropped quite a bit, possibly because of this reason..

As a Pyromancer, and a Diviner, we can't really do much in PvP anymore because both classes are designed to critical and deal mass damage, with the down drop of health.

What's the dominating schools in PvP right now? Balance and Ice. Check for yourself. At max levels, Balance and Ice players are raiding the battlefield and achieving constant victories.

If you revert the system, everything will be balanced again!
Please look into this and see if you could do something.

Thank you

John 110 , John BearShade

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I am a storm and I don't agree with reverting to the old system. The old system was reaching it's limits and while this new system is not perfect and will need to be modified again down the road it will at least hold up for a few dozen levels.

As for max PvE, there are ways to obtain 70%+ block and even 100% block. Monsters in PvE have been adjusted to fit this new system so as long as players adapt their playstyle it is not an issue.

As for PvP, Fire is a top tier school there even with the critical change. Storm is of course still a low tier school but that is due to a number of factors outside of critical. The storm school needs a complete revamp to be competitive in PvP not just a reversion to the old critical system.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
John BearShade on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
No offense, but this new critical system sucks.

Back in second age, criticals and blocks were key in PvP and PvE. Criticals and Blocks were both legitimate and based on luck, which I'm sure most of us were okay with.

Especially in Castle Darkmoor, where us exalted wizards dealt with the pain as malistaire landed on us consecutively until we've reached new heights by obtaining the darkmoor set and manage to block malistaire frequently.

The Darkmoor set gear was outstanding (though the fire hat needs a little buff to it's +14% Damage).

Most people were in love with this, especially diviners

Now, after hearing recent complaints about diviners landing on players in crucible, they were nerfed and along with the critical system, changed to make pvp matches faster and quicker.

But look at this,
Grandmasters that critical with a rating of 20 are landing on prodigious players with 300+ block. Does that make sense?

After that, the pvp system was changed to where crits would do 1.25x instead of 2x. Seriously? Just revert the system back!

This new critical system makes it seem like it's pointless to continue leveling, since everything lands on you even with an excessive amount of block.

Hey, max level players, how does it feel to get landed by a zafarian boss when you're farming mirror lake?

With diviners, they're stats are revolved around criticals and damage. That's why they have a low amount of health

I seriously am considering to not pvp anymore simply because this system is broken. The game population has also dropped quite a bit, possibly because of this reason..

As a Pyromancer, and a Diviner, we can't really do much in PvP anymore because both classes are designed to critical and deal mass damage, with the down drop of health.

What's the dominating schools in PvP right now? Balance and Ice. Check for yourself. At max levels, Balance and Ice players are raiding the battlefield and achieving constant victories.

If you revert the system, everything will be balanced again!
Please look into this and see if you could do something.

Thank you

John 110 , John BearShade
However many people were okay with the Critical and Block system in PVP, WAY more were extremely against it, which lead to it being changed this August. Although this new system isn't perfect, it was created to last for the "next hundred or so levels". Like Eric said, it will be modified probably down the road someday.

One of the biggest complains about PVP is that it is too luck based, and the 1.25x change was a start into making PVP more skill based.

I do agree about the part where you talked about being landed on by a Zafaria boss. The old system gave us stats we can rely on, and with the new system, we can only just hope we'll block attacks we would have always blocked before.

Fire is a top tier school still, but Storm isn't.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
new critical system is awesome, very good job, critical was out of control in pvp.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
critical was out of control, storm, fire and others one hit kill in pvp, is not fun and was annoying because storm only was spamming wild bowl plus critical not fun. another thing i have see many cases where death wizards win in pvp by only spamming bad juju. i actually got spammed by one, this player used at least 50 to 60 bad juju how is that possible? please bane or remove bad juju from arena. i even have videos and pictures of this player who was spamming with only bad juju.