Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

9/11 Ceremony 2016.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
9/11 Ceremony 2016
If you remember for the past 5 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now it's time for the 2016 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:
The Premise
The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.
What We'll Do
What we'll do is parade around the entirety of Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court, and eventually ending in in my Forested Mansion house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.
The Path
I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:
Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Nightside -> Shopping District -> Colossus Blvd -> Olde Town -> Cyclops Lane -> Aquila -> Dark Cave -> Firecat Alley -> Triton Avenue -> Crab Alley -> Deep Warrens -> Wailing Caverns -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.
The Path For Free-to-Play Players
Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Nightside -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.
Rules in the next post.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Rules

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a Seraph, a Pixie Queen or a Myth Sprite for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges like the Cursed Staff, Terminus or Undead Hunter for example).
4. No cursing or foul language.
5. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
6. All Wizard101 Central and Wizard101 rules apply (you may say your Wizard101 Central name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
12. You must have access to most, if not all, of Wizard City, though I would prefer it would be all of Wizard City.
13. For chat, at least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
15. Have fun.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Date And Times

Sunday, September 11, 2016.

3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST
6:30 PM EST

Why Am I Hosting This?

The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.

Extra Notes

Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above.

I also will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out, either post here or send me a VM or a PM.

For Guest Speakers, they will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.

Why my house at the end? It's so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my very own house, I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.

I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day & to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our thoughts forever. Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free.

Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33
Helpers: The Lone Ninja Escapist
Guest Speakers: Matthew Dragon

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

May I be a helper?
And I'd also like to give a speech as well.

Dakota TitanHeart

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I couldn't pull up past years to see but I think it's an awesome way to honor those lives lost and their families and those who served. I am marking the calendar to join in. Thanks so much for doing this.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Davidfire school on Sep 4, 2016 wrote:
I couldn't pull up past years to see but I think it's an awesome way to honor those lives lost and their families and those who served. I am marking the calendar to join in. Thanks so much for doing this.
I just checked and you're right. Most likely when the post was reviewed they just replaced the links to Wizard101 Central to this thread. Also you're welcome, I always look forward to doing this every year. Also sakurablitz you can be a helper and a speaker.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Just a quick reply to say thank you for hosting this event. As someone who was there at 9/11 and also served 3 tours in Iraq following that tragic day, it warms my heart that someone would remember and honor those we lost. I'm hoping my schedule will allow me to attend.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Just a reminder the event is in two days. However, if anyone plays Pirate101 you're in luck as I'm hosting this same event in that game tomorrow (tomorrow so that the events don't interfere with each other).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
What realm? Edit: Sorry I missed Seraph down in the middle of the post.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Couldn't find anything in Pirates 101 message boards about 9/11. I don't know the realm or time. Will try the same time and go to different realms. Hoping to catch you.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2016
Can i be a helper plz

Kelly moonshade lvl 20 life