Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lag on only one wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
So, i'm getting lag spikes on my max wizard - all others are fine.

Anyone know why and how to fix it?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Does she have more houses than the other characters? Bigger or more elaborate gardens?

The only character I have who lags is my Max Life, who is my main character and had more houses, more gardens, more elaborate gardens, and that's the only theory I have.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
I'm having the same problem. I have no idea why, but switching to a less populous realm temporarily fixes it. What gear are you wearing, and what pet and mount?

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
I noticed something else.
When i'm in house or in dungeon the game run normally. But as soon as i walk around the worlds or inside boss battle areas, i keep on lagging.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
It's like that with me also but it doesn't lag really bad.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
@PaigeGoldenspear
He has 2 houses. One more wizard has 2 houses as well and no problem. He has one medium stacked garden, but another wizard has it too and no problems there. I'm not sure if it's that, because i don't really have that many items in my houses.

@sakurablitz123123123
I tried switching realms and it didn't do anything. As for gear: krok hat, rattle robe, mali boots, morganthe athame and amulet, ghost dog's ring, mega shadow beast, death whirlwind and random pip deck

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Pynta on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
@PaigeGoldenspear
He has 2 houses. One more wizard has 2 houses as well and no problem. He has one medium stacked garden, but another wizard has it too and no problems there. I'm not sure if it's that, because i don't really have that many items in my houses.

@sakurablitz123123123
I tried switching realms and it didn't do anything. As for gear: krok hat, rattle robe, mali boots, morganthe athame and amulet, ghost dog's ring, mega shadow beast, death whirlwind and random pip deck
I think it has something to do with the rattle robe or malistaire boots. I've had the problem even before i got the morganthe stuff a week ago

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
I found what was the problem. It's not because of gear; it's quest finder related.

Quest finder on + at least one quest = ok
Quest finder off (+ at least one quest) = ok
Quest finder on + no other quests = lag

EDIT:
Game still works fine if quest finder is enabled and you click on it to lead you to nearby quest. It starts lagging only when it's not selected and it's only thing in your quest book

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Pynta on Sep 5, 2016 wrote:
I found what was the problem. It's not because of gear; it's quest finder related.

Quest finder on + at least one quest = ok
Quest finder off (+ at least one quest) = ok
Quest finder on + no other quests = lag

EDIT:
Game still works fine if quest finder is enabled and you click on it to lead you to nearby quest. It starts lagging only when it's not selected and it's only thing in your quest book
Nice find. This isn't my problem - I have Quest Finder off because, well, they're all done.

But I'm glad your lag problem is fixed.