Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conviction

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Conviction is a spell that was made impossible to attain without having to PVP for a serious amount of time. I believe that this is unfair, due to the fact that critical block and stun resist are becoming more popular. Therefore, Conviction should be available to everyone, no matter what their PVP rank is. All you would need is a training point, and perhaps at least level 15?

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I definitely agree with you. Critical block is such an issue sometimes and conviction could really help with that. Not to mention, many higher level bosses and minions are able to stun you, so a stun block would be nice without having to do PvP to attain it!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It definitely should be. Its not fair to players who aren't ready to pvp yet but still need the spell.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
It would be nice, but think of it this way. There are tc, pets, amulets, ect. Also, you can train stun shield. The extra critical block is nice but its not a lot. I do agree that maybe it should be more attainable, but there are definitely low effort solutions.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
How about they swap the requirements for Cloak and Conviction? That way PvPers get the spell that is entirely useless in PvE while everybody gets the spells that are helpful in both.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I disagree. Conviction offers an incentive to PvP and it is a spell that was invented with PvP in mind. If you want Conviction in PvE without going through PvP the TC are readily available.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Blaze, That's an amazing idea. Please, KingsIsle? Cloak has no valid use in PVE, so give us Conviction instead. If people think its too overpowered for a level 4 with training points, just put a level cap on it, most likely around 70 or something.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 3, 2016 wrote:
I disagree. Conviction offers an incentive to PvP and it is a spell that was invented with PvP in mind. If you want Conviction in PvE without going through PvP the TC are readily available.
+1

It doesn't require a very high Rank to train; I "don't PVP" and I've ranked my two most played characters far enough to train it. You can get to Sergeant by winning six matches. On my Death, that took six matches. On my Life it took seven. I suppose my Balance will need it, so she'll have to do them as well at some point. Fire and Storm, not going to bother, though.

If people are concerned about Rank, it could be modified to having to either reach Sergeant or participate in X Ranked matches. Participation defined as playing matches to completion, not fleeing as soon as the match starts.

The spell is more helpful in PVE now than it was at introduction, but as Eric points out, it is still primarily a spell for PVP and if we PVE-only players want it for our questing, we need to do at least a little of that side activity. Enough to be familiar with it, so that players who might like it will have figured it out, those who won't will also be confident of that opinion and have their spell.

I absolutely don't have a problem with being required to participate; I can see the argument against requiring Rank in order to Train, however. It's just figuring out the programming; does the spell get tied to a badge granted for X number of matches? (Those that achieve Sergeant before X matches could train it before that, of course.)

Tied to a Badge, PVE only players would not have to re-do matches after a New Age in which they had bought back Training Points, either.

It does break convention which sometimes upsets people - but it seems to be the best of both worlds. It is in KI's best interests to nudge us to try all aspects of their game. More time in-game, more things we love, more money we spend.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Laura Raven on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
I definitely agree with you. Critical block is such an issue sometimes and conviction could really help with that. Not to mention, many higher level bosses and minions are able to stun you, so a stun block would be nice without having to do PvP to attain it!
You can already train stun block without PVP rank.