Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charms, Wards, and the Sorcerer Conundrum

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Let's do a quick run-down on which school has what in terms of charms and wards, okay? All of them have:

1 single trap, 1 blade, 1 prism, 1 mass prism, 1 spear, 1 dispel, 1 school shield, 1 dual shield.

- 1 triple trap, 1 X-pip trap, 1 AoE accuracy weakness.

- 1 universal shield, 1 stun shield, 2 X-pip shields, 1 AoE shield.

- 1 accuracy blade, 1 AoE trap, 1 X-pip blade.

- Various minion-only universal spells.

- 1 absorb shield, 2 healing blades, 1 accuracy blade.

- 2 AoE weaknesses, 1 health weakness, 1 AoE health weakness, 2 universal traps.

So excluding the previous '1 single trap, 1 blade, 1 prism, 1 mass prism, 1 spear, 1 dispel, 1 school shield, 1 dual shield', what does have?

() - 1 blade, 1 AoE blade, 1 single trap, 1 weakness, 1 accuracy blade.

(//) - 1 blade, 1 trap, 1 shield, 1 spear, 1 dispel.

(//) - 1 blade, 1 trap, 1 shield, 1 spear, 1 dispel.

() - 1 dispel... That's it.

So clearly Balance was designed to be unique. No school shield or any prism, triple shields instead of dual shields, triple dispels, blades, traps & shields too, and universal everything except dispel. But is different really better? I've got to go now, but I'll let people respond with opinions on the issue that they haven't expressed before or want to express again. I'll add my own thoughts shortly, but consider this.

A Sorcerer with no mastery, against a boss with Elemental & Spirit shields for days. Who wins?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Who wins? The balance who remembers to bring a shatter tc.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Even Stormblade is stronger than Balanceblade, and it doesn't get wiped out when you try to use a Myth wand to get rid of the Weaknesses that the Dragonspyre residents like to use so much. Many non-Balance wizards can and do get the triple blades for the extra boost, too.

So Balance is rubbish alone, but a completely different story when playing in a team.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Infallible. Unstoppable. Extraordinary.

These complaints are coming from people who don't recognize that for every pro there's a con. Balance has so many pros, this is the tradeoff. There are ways to combat this long before Shrike is introduced.