Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earned level 50 badge. Please make it happen

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Hey guys, I've been playing for a while, but not so much recently. I have returned for just a short amount of time, but it took to my eye that a new level 50 cheat has been implemented.

Do not get me wrong, I understand why this was added to the game. However, I believe there should be a badge that deciphers between the cheat elixir character, and the grit and grind hard way character. No offense to those that use the elixir.

I just think we deserve a badge. I'd like to hear others input :D

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I think this would be a very nice idea, personally. It would have to be something that didn't put down the people who used the elixir because there are plenty of valid reasons for using it, but I imagine that wouldn't be hard. It could even be something funny like "I achieved level 50 and all I got was this badge."

Survivor
May 20, 2009
If you haven't noticed, the level 50 elixir requires that you already have a level 50 character on the account before it can be used. So that would make the badge a null point because the only people that can use the elixir are people who have already gotten to level 50.

Also it really isn't a cheat, more just a way to skip the first story arc for people who have already worked their way through it once before.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I don't really like the idea because KI never issues retroactive rewards. Understandably so because it would be too difficult to go back through every account to issue it only to the wizards that did this.

I have 12 wizards that have already achieved level 50 who wouldn't get it. Therefore I would rather not see it added.

Besides, you skip to level 50, you're missing out on some of the best content in the game. Having played it, that's more than enough reward. I feel sad for the people who aren't taking the time to enjoy it.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
The Elixir is not a Cheat.

Any attempt by those who object to it to feel superior by demanding an "I didn't cheat" (never mind that the Elixir is not a cheat" badge is offensive and borders on bullying. It's definitely an underhanded jab inappropriate to a family game.

I won't ever use the Elixir, it doesn't offer me anything that I'd want, but I don't think we should be ostracizing or declaring our superiority to those who choose to use it.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
PaigeGoldenspear on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
The Elixir is not a Cheat.

Any attempt by those who object to it to feel superior by demanding an "I didn't cheat" (never mind that the Elixir is not a cheat" badge is offensive and borders on bullying. It's definitely an underhanded jab inappropriate to a family game.

I won't ever use the Elixir, it doesn't offer me anything that I'd want, but I don't think we should be ostracizing or declaring our superiority to those who choose to use it.
Now hold a minute, playa.

I'm not saying anything bad about the people that decide to not put in the work. If I had begun this game again from the beginning (which I have 6 times due to my characters over level 60), I probably would use the exilir. However I believe my characters that reached level 50 without the cheat, should just get a simple badge. I'm not demanding, ostracizing, or declaring any superiority to those who use it. But it takes a solid month or 2 to get all the way to level 50 naturally, and with that amount of dedication to the task, i may as well get a text above my head saying i did it.

I perfectly understand why someone would want to use it

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Eric Crowspear on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
Now hold a minute, playa.

I'm not saying anything bad about the people that decide to not put in the work. If I had begun this game again from the beginning (which I have 6 times due to my characters over level 60), I probably would use the exilir. However I believe my characters that reached level 50 without the cheat, should just get a simple badge. I'm not demanding, ostracizing, or declaring any superiority to those who use it. But it takes a solid month or 2 to get all the way to level 50 naturally, and with that amount of dedication to the task, i may as well get a text above my head saying i did it.

I perfectly understand why someone would want to use it
That badge above your head is only desired or displayed so you can declare superiority to those who have used the elixir.

It doesn't take two months, more like a solid weekend, maybe two to get to Level 50.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I do not support using the elixir and probably never will because I like the first Arc and have no money. Secondly, I do not support this idea as we basically already get a level 50 badge and it's perhaps one of the best badges in the game: Your "Master of ____" badge is earned by learning all of the spells up to level 48. I think that this badge very much covers the idea of getting a level 50 badge. As others have explained you have to get to Level 50 on your first wizard anyway so I don't think you really need this as we already have one. Also why in the world would KI want to provide incentive to people NOT to buy a product that they just developed? That seems counter intuitive. I understand your frustration that you didn't have the opportunity to use the elixir, but I don't think you need special treatment for playing Wizard101 in the past. I personally do not like it when KI rewards players that have "old" accounts which what you're suggesting would give slightly preferential treatment towards. I mean what if someone uses it and then regrets that they skipped out the first arc, because they really want that badge? I think that to exclude someone from the potential of getting a badge isn't very nice.

Anyway long story short: We already have a level 50 badge in game and this feature is unnecessary and will only provide trouble/contention in the future. Those are just my thoughts. Good luck guys!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I think 2 parody badges should be added depending on the method you used.

-Classic way gets the badge: "Started from the bottom now we here"

-Elixir way gets the badge: "There's some things crowns can't buy. For everything else there's (Grand)master card.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Eric Crowspear on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys, I've been playing for a while, but not so much recently. I have returned for just a short amount of time, but it took to my eye that a new level 50 cheat has been implemented.

Do not get me wrong, I understand why this was added to the game. However, I believe there should be a badge that deciphers between the cheat elixir character, and the grit and grind hard way character. No offense to those that use the elixir.

I just think we deserve a badge. I'd like to hear others input :D
Grandmaster Grinder!!

You did it the hard way. Nothing wrong with identifying the fact that did. Nothing wrong with using an elixir either. I personally wouldn't call it a cheat, more like the easy way. I might be inclined to use an elixir, some worlds I'd just like to avoid altogether, think I've done them enough times already. I wouldn't be offended by some one who did the work having a title saying so either. A title isn't going to stop me from saving time and energy either.

But that's just me.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
I think 2 parody badges should be added depending on the method you used.

-Classic way gets the badge: "Started from the bottom now we here"

-Elixir way gets the badge: "There's some things crowns can't buy. For everything else there's (Grand)master card.
The 'drake' badge is pretty funny.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
IMO Level 50 elixir users should not get the "Savior of the Spiral" badge.