Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance prisms please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
Every school but balance has prisms , it's not fair, it makes me feel like we are the left out school in the game for spells. Some of our spells are whack, no offense, so we have to come up with other ways to kill and battle. ( I am not saying we are weak cause man I can kick some minion buts on a nice critical) but back to balance prism idea! It would be so very really nice to have these mass/prisms especially for collecting quest. I mean wiz how you gonna do me like that? Make me kill some balance minions, but give me no prisms? I mean that's just cold. Ya wrong for that. What did me and my fellow balance crew do to you? Man every time I have to do one of those collecting quest I shed a tear.. Shoot maybe a few. Anyways I mostly solo in this game so it's takes a little more time to get the job done, ( just kidding I mostly quest with my squad) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have prisms. Because when I am alone it really does take a bit of time. So with saying that there should be a prism for balance and to keep it weird/odd like gaze of fate, nested fury, that elemental blast thing ( I lowkey forgot the name of my spell) for every balance prism it' can turn into a random school prism. I hope this makes sense to you guys.
But for real think about it.

From yours truly the Queen of Balance (not really) but if you wanted to give me that badge I would be down for that.

- Suri Jadethief

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance doesn't get prisms because Balance also has no shields to counter it directly, unlike other schools. Every other school has 50%, 70%, 70%, 80% stackable shields (that's not including item, TC and enchanted shields.) Balance only has to deal with weaker universal shields.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Do you want a convert? Give me a balance shield. Or have the convert be into one of the astral schools.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Yoyoitssuri on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Every school but balance has prisms , it's not fair, it makes me feel like we are the left out school in the game for spells. Some of our spells are whack, no offense, so we have to come up with other ways to kill and battle. ( I am not saying we are weak cause man I can kick some minion buts on a nice critical) but back to balance prism idea! It would be so very really nice to have these mass/prisms especially for collecting quest. I mean wiz how you gonna do me like that? Make me kill some balance minions, but give me no prisms? I mean that's just cold. Ya wrong for that. What did me and my fellow balance crew do to you? Man every time I have to do one of those collecting quest I shed a tear.. Shoot maybe a few. Anyways I mostly solo in this game so it's takes a little more time to get the job done, ( just kidding I mostly quest with my squad) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have prisms. Because when I am alone it really does take a bit of time. So with saying that there should be a prism for balance and to keep it weird/odd like gaze of fate, nested fury, that elemental blast thing ( I lowkey forgot the name of my spell) for every balance prism it' can turn into a random school prism. I hope this makes sense to you guys.

From yours truly the Queen of Balance (not really) but if you wanted to give me that badge I would be down for that.

- Suri Jadethief
For one, its not cold, but your going to be banging your head on the wall when you reach the quest to defeat the Thornpaw Lioness and Thornpaw Hunter, it is unbelievable how much shields they can spam in a row, spirit and elemental

A way that the balance prism could work is if you attack, the balance prism will turn it into (lets just say) a death prism. That wouldn't work because your balance spell isn't death right?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
+1 seethe, +1 Eric

Balance shields and prisms break Balance, and you can't have one without the other. Implementing them removes the unique challenges and benefits of playing Balance. As the shields have been introduced as TCs, they're likely coming. Playing Balance is going to be just like playing any other school.

It's sad that players and KI don't know the game well enough to not ask for and implement some of these things. No wonder there's an Exodus.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
I mean an convert is fine, but idk i just thought the prisms made more sense. Though I am like a special noob on this game, it's my first wiz blah blah I learn things as I go. As for a a balance shield... Well towers... Are balance shields in my eyes. Those things resist everything. But the point is I want something that allows me to use a sandstorm, nova, or ra on a balance mobs with out having a lot of resist, and forcing me to kill in four to six rounds instead of two. Shoot if they gave every balance wiz that one chimera to all spell I wouldn't even complain, collecting would be a breeze lol. And when it comes to a balance boss that's something easily conquered through some major bladeing, hexes, traps, auras, feints and critical and with a chimera, spec blast, or hydra depending on the situation your all set . It's just the mobs I want something to help out a little with without getting a mastery for another school for an all attack spell just for balance minions. ( if spelling is bad sorry I am in a rush to type this before I get my phone taken away )

Defender
May 16, 2009
Balance doesn't get a prism because balance simply does not need one. You already mentioned spells like Spectral Blast, Hydra, Chimera, Nested Fury, and the little less reliable, Gaze of Fate. All of these spells help against balance enemies because all of them hit with damage other than balance. This is one of the reasons why balance doesn't get a prism; because it can hit with a damage type other than of its own school. The other schools of magic, except for maybe storm with that little Insane Bolt, don't have that feature, so they have prisms to help them out.

Also, you guys seem to ignore the fact that prisms always convert damage into the opposite school's damage. Balance has no opposite truly implemented in the game because the opposite of balance is Entropy/Chaos. Not Sun, Moon, or Star magic, not even Shadow magic. Sun magic is about enchanting, Moon is all about change, Star is all about enhancement, and Shadow is about rebuilding and manipulating reality. While Shadow magic seems chaotic it is not complete Chaos and therefore does not make sense to be the choice of magic for a balance prism.

Next, Shadow and Astral damage is difficult to defend against, and I don't like how people throw the idea of a convert into these types of damage around so lightly. Astral damage is a combination of other school damages, and shadow magic is hard to defend against, mostly because both Astral and Shadow damage resistance is built up by universal resist. Hematite jewel drops can be exceptionally rare, mostly because there are few variants in game, and jewels for Astral damage and other stats simply do not exist.

Finally, there are other ways around this problem of balance vs. balance with no prism. The less popular Polymorphs can help you combat enemies of a different school, oh you could group up with other people and quest together. There's plenty of solutions, but I don't think adding a Balance prism is one of them.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
I play balance and I'm fine against minions with no prism it's the bosses that we need them for. Here is what I think they should do(and it solves this issue plus adding a card for every other class) Make a Prism that converts every school into Shadow damage.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BalanceEmerald on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
I play balance and I'm fine against minions with no prism it's the bosses that we need them for. Here is what I think they should do(and it solves this issue plus adding a card for every other class) Make a Prism that converts every school into Shadow damage.
Using any school damage that only has universal resist and no shield is over powered. I'm curious what bosses did you need them for? I managed to make it through the whole game so far on my Balance, mostly solo. I only needed a team for the hardest dungeons that are designed so that pretty much every school needs help. Maybe you need to change your strategy against Balance bosses instead of changing the game to suit your strategy.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2015
maybe there could be something like a blade prism

i don't know much about balance because i am but i think something not like a prism maybe a aura would be cool?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
Using any school damage that only has universal resist and no shield is over powered. I'm curious what bosses did you need them for? I managed to make it through the whole game so far on my Balance, mostly solo. I only needed a team for the hardest dungeons that are designed so that pretty much every school needs help. Maybe you need to change your strategy against Balance bosses instead of changing the game to suit your strategy.
Shadow actually has shields available on amulets and PvP ideal gear carries universal resist. As such a balance to shadow convert wont be overpowered in PvP.

In PvE, shadow damage would have the same weakness as balance damage. It simply allows them to get around balance resist.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Balance is fine as is the one key thing balance has is diversity which means if your fighting storm you know to use a spell like chimera for the life and myth spells it uses plus blades. Balance is a blade king or queen and if you have death as a secondary that makes you a trap king or queen as well cause you can use just about any trap or blade. Nested fury is a damage king for balance and so is that jewel spell for balance forgot the name but i do plenty of damage with that. Plus there are all sorts of tc you can use to add to your damage then you add you being a great healer to that makes balance unique. That does not make it overpowered either balance can be damaged pretty strong by myth and death also in fact just because you can use any school power does not make it overpowered. Using storm, for instance, won't allow me to be able to do the amount of damage a full storm school wizard can do with storm i mean it is about a third of its power period. Don't call a school overpowered just because you have trouble beating them. I have every balance school spell that came out and i make pride to do so but i still have friends of all schools who can beat me in a pvp match. I have very strong gear that allows me to take damage and heal friends in fights or attach if i need to i can heal very well as well but not as good as life. with that setup, i can go into fights alone or with friends no matter who i am facing. The problem is many want storms power and ice defenses well their is not a setup like that at all. I can hit as hard as a mid-level fire or high-level death but i can heal as a mid term life its the best of both worlds for me. There is also something called pierce which works especially if you have it and a pet to give you even more with a wand.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
Yoyoitssuri on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:

- Suri Jadethief
ok I got it now how you could use a balance primsiom and how it work to be honest balance dose not need it for pvp but for mob battles it be useful

so you cast thing it can turn it into one of the school elements but not your own so all damage get converted to one of them but here the thing it be random so you never know what element it be converted into that way you guys can attack balance enemy's but at the same time dose not take away from the idea of balance being made out all the classes and that way it fair if you used it in pvp well players have tons of blocks for those schools

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Balance is unique in a few ways. The school has access to other schools' damage types through spells like Chimera, Hydra, or so on. These spells frequently do a random damage type, which may run into shields or resistance. Chimera and Hydra reliably do all three types, but do very poor damage per pip. None of these spells seem to benefit from balance damage auras or global spells. They all benefit from balance blades, of course, but taking extra rounds to stack up these blades also means enduring more enemy hits. Balance does not get any balance-specific pierce charm. Instead, the school gets multi-charms for elemental and spirit damage.

The philosophy of the Balance school seems to be versatility and reliability at the expense of speed and power. That's okay, but prior to Shrike, this school has big problems with bosses that resist around 70% of the damage. By comparison, every other school can throw a prism early in the duel, changing this penalty into a nice 20%+ boost -- essentially, wizards of other schools have an extra minor trap they can use against bosses from their own school.

My suggestion is a spectral prism that converts Balance damage into a random, other primary school (i.e. not Shadow / Sun / Moon).

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Balance can manipulate other elements to its advantage. You don't need a prism for it. And what exactly would this prism convert to? Balance already can boost any other school, and with spells such as hydra, chimera, nested fury, or gaze of fate, as well as spectral and spiritual blasts, you don't need a balance prism

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
They should add something similar to a prison and I know Kingsisle can come up with something or maybe others who play the game can.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
akbirdwellpenny65 on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:
ok I got it now how you could use a balance primsiom and how it work to be honest balance dose not need it for pvp but for mob battles it be useful

so you cast thing it can turn it into one of the school elements but not your own so all damage get converted to one of them but here the thing it be random so you never know what element it be converted into that way you guys can attack balance enemy's but at the same time dose not take away from the idea of balance being made out all the classes and that way it fair if you used it in pvp well players have tons of blocks for those schools
That would break PVP on so many levels that I lost count. Not to mention that if you're unlucky, chances are that bosses may have a shield up for the converted school

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
Merfolura on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
That would break PVP on so many levels that I lost count. Not to mention that if you're unlucky, chances are that bosses may have a shield up for the converted school
how would it to be honest its just like when they cast hydra or something else that uses 3 of the school only change is the damage is being converted to another school just like when ice uses it to convert it damage into fire its the same thing its not op bcause in pvp people have tons of normal school blocks but only block for balance is tower and when they use a spell that is using the other school then the damage can't be converted because then its not using balance magic its using ice fire storm or death myth life its a blance spells because it uses all 3 but the damage would not be converted unless it was per balance say like the first spell balance get when it started that is per balance spell uses balance magic dose not use any of the other school magic so to me this would be fair and it wouldn't break pvp that's a little over the top and people just don't wan balance having a convert because they don't like the fact that they cant block balance in the first place and also don't feel there really a need for it sent they wouldn't have a use for the spell in pvp it be only a mob thing its always about pvp but the truth is this would help balance players who have a hard time with balance bosses and stuff this really wouldn't be made for pvp at all if they can fined a way to use it in there great but honestly it would be made for mob battles and boss battles over pvp so pvp would be just fine

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
akbirdwellpenny65 on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
how would it to be honest its just like when they cast hydra or something else that uses 3 of the school only change is the damage is being converted to another school just like when ice uses it to convert it damage into fire its the same thing its not op bcause in pvp people have tons of normal school blocks but only block for balance is tower and when they use a spell that is using the other school then the damage can't be converted because then its not using balance magic its using ice fire storm or death myth life its a blance spells because it uses all 3 but the damage would not be converted unless it was per balance say like the first spell balance get when it started that is per balance spell uses balance magic dose not use any of the other school magic so to me this would be fair and it wouldn't break pvp that's a little over the top and people just don't wan balance having a convert because they don't like the fact that they cant block balance in the first place and also don't feel there really a need for it sent they wouldn't have a use for the spell in pvp it be only a mob thing its always about pvp but the truth is this would help balance players who have a hard time with balance bosses and stuff this really wouldn't be made for pvp at all if they can fined a way to use it in there great but honestly it would be made for mob battles and boss battles over pvp so pvp would be just fine
People don't want it because there is no need for it. It requires adding a Balance Shield and that removes Balance's main advantage. In PvE there is no need for it at any point in the game. Balance vs Balance bosses just requires a little deck shuffle, just like every other school when facing same school. Mobs shouldn't even factor into it. By the time you face any Balance mobs with much health they only have 40% resist anyways. Add another blade. Balance in PvE requires a little more thinking and prep is all. It's not a beginner school.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
seethe42 on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
People don't want it because there is no need for it. It requires adding a Balance Shield and that removes Balance's main advantage. In PvE there is no need for it at any point in the game. Balance vs Balance bosses just requires a little deck shuffle, just like every other school when facing same school. Mobs shouldn't even factor into it. By the time you face any Balance mobs with much health they only have 40% resist anyways. Add another blade. Balance in PvE requires a little more thinking and prep is all. It's not a beginner school.
it dose not require adding a balance block if you add a convert heck there already a balance block its called tower block but that's for everything making a convert would just make it easyier then waiting for shadow magic or spaming blades on yourself so you can hit hard enough to beat the balance boss resistance

this is just for the mob battle balance resist its own school because balance vs balance in mob

it really wouldn't affect anything other then making it easyier for lower level to be able to battle balance without having to fight the resistance all the time and as your level incress they can make stronger balance bosses that you have to use converts on just like any other school the only thing is you be battle resistance not shields ice uses its convert for ice enemy resistance and sometimes to get around a block but most time it is used for the resistance not the blocks unless it is pvp in pvp everybody uses converts for blocks because they know there school is going be block so they try to get around it with converts but people usely have tower for that and not only that but if balance had this convert there don't need to be a shield for it because think about it if it being converted from balance into then there already going blocks in pvp to protect from that so there would be no need to be a balance shield and they have tower for the balance shield that anyone can train

if there was a balance convert most people are going use it for mob balance battles or balance boss battles sometimes in pvp because there going wanna test it but its not going hurt anything

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
akbirdwellpenny65 on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
it dose not require adding a balance block if you add a convert heck there already a balance block its called tower block but that's for everything making a convert would just make it easyier then waiting for shadow magic or spaming blades on yourself so you can hit hard enough to beat the balance boss resistance

this is just for the mob battle balance resist its own school because balance vs balance in mob

it really wouldn't affect anything other then making it easyier for lower level to be able to battle balance without having to fight the resistance all the time and as your level incress they can make stronger balance bosses that you have to use converts on just like any other school the only thing is you be battle resistance not shields ice uses its convert for ice enemy resistance and sometimes to get around a block but most time it is used for the resistance not the blocks unless it is pvp in pvp everybody uses converts for blocks because they know there school is going be block so they try to get around it with converts but people usely have tower for that and not only that but if balance had this convert there don't need to be a shield for it because think about it if it being converted from balance into then there already going blocks in pvp to protect from that so there would be no need to be a balance shield and they have tower for the balance shield that anyone can train

if there was a balance convert most people are going use it for mob balance battles or balance boss battles sometimes in pvp because there going wanna test it but its not going hurt anything
It would totally have an effect on PvP. There are 2 ways to defy converts in PvP. You can shield before the convert or after the convert. If a balance convert was given without a shield there would be only one way to defy the convert and that is before the convert. This would be overpowered as a balance could stack traps and then convert and unless the person shielded before the convert they would have no recourse. Putting a tower shield after the convert would be removed with an off school wand that is not of the converted school.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
akbirdwellpenny65 on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:

It absolutely does require a Balance Shield. Every school that has Prism has stackable shields of 50, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 not including enchanted and item cards. Balance has only 50, 55. The reason there needs to be a Balance shield is because of Shield placement. To block a prism you need to place the shield after the Prism is on. There's a big difference between 50% and 80% and being able to stack.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
seethe42 on Sep 8, 2016 wrote:
It absolutely does require a Balance Shield. Every school that has Prism has stackable shields of 50, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 not including enchanted and item cards. Balance has only 50, 55. The reason there needs to be a Balance shield is because of Shield placement. To block a prism you need to place the shield after the Prism is on. There's a big difference between 50% and 80% and being able to stack.
it still wouldn't because of the hole fact its damage would be converted into that everyone has shields to that they can stack before it or after it and to top that they have tower blocks that can stack on top of that so no it still wouldn't need a shield

so still my point stand it wouldn't affect anything.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Please learn to play Balance. Please don't keep trying to fit it into the box of the other schools. It is the seventh schoool, the school with no opposite. It is intentional that it does not have prisms (as it has no opposite) and it also has no shields. Balance is a mix of other school capabilities and has its own unique utilities.

To add things "because other schools have them" destroys its uniqueness, destroys balance.

Please don't encourage KI to make things any easier than they are. Part of the fun of the game is solving the puzzles. Adding prisms is an easy way out, for a "problem" which already has adequate solutions if only your brain is flexible enough to see them.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
Please learn to play Balance. Please don't keep trying to fit it into the box of the other schools. It is the seventh schoool, the school with no opposite. It is intentional that it does not have prisms (as it has no opposite) and it also has no shields. Balance is a mix of other school capabilities and has its own unique utilities.

To add things "because other schools have them" destroys its uniqueness, destroys balance.

Please don't encourage KI to make things any easier than they are. Part of the fun of the game is solving the puzzles. Adding prisms is an easy way out, for a "problem" which already has adequate solutions if only your brain is flexible enough to see them.
This post is needlessly inflammatory. I play a max level Balance, and I actually agree with akbirdwellpenny65. In PvE, it allows Balance-resistant bosses to be fought with far less pain. In PvP, I don't see a down side. Anyone casting PvP shields will typically use Tower Shield or some other universal shield. This would work against Balance damage, as well as any damage type to which a prism would convert. Anyone casting a school-specific shield would gain no benefit against Balance damage. If the prism assigned a random damage type, a school-specific shield could actually be useful if the defender got lucky.