Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Renaming Elixir

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Let's face it Wizard101 has been around for nearly eight years and some of us named our first wizards a very long time ago and now with some of these cool new additions to the names list (or at least I think they've added new names to the list it's been awhile since I've looked at it) I sure there are some of us who would really love to rename a few of our wizards.

I mean they've made certain hairstyles into hats so you can pretty much change your hairstyle whenever now, they've made an elixir to take you instantly to level 50 and give you the proper spells, gear, a mount, your school pet, and finish all the main quests leading up to the second story arch. You add on top of this that in game we can rename our pets however many times we want to and whenever we want to. So why not add this as an option in say the dye shop or crowns shop, to pay crowns or gold (idk which is more likely you guys decide) to change your wizard's name.

Of course it would be totally optional no one would be forcing you to change your wizard's name if you don't want to, and of course there would probably be the "are you sure you want to do this?" button so you can't accidently change your wizards name to something you wouldn't want it to be.

Then there's the stuff with the text of dialogue and the friends list but when you think about it, they've updated to game to tell us when our friends come online and go offline. So it would seem they could make it notify us if a friend has changed their wizard's name that way if someone is "cleaning out" their friends list they don't accidently unfriend you. Then again that might be easier said than done...

As for quest dialogue I'm not sure how it works exactly, I don't program video games, I seen how dialogue trees work though and I do know there is a code when programing games that pretty much translates into: insert player's name here, or means something similar. So how they would program something like that to change the player's name in the text box may or may not be very easy.

I know they're not miracle workers and this is just one idea among goodness knows how many, but I'm just curious to know what someone else thinks.

Would a something like a wizard renaming elixir be a good addition to the game or not? You guys decide.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
This idea was proposed many times and always received the same answer: No, because a fellow friend may not know who you are with a different name. But with the friend notification idea, you mentioned, when someone changes their name, this would actually be a great feature. I'm not so sure if it's easily possible, but one can only hope.

~ Michael IceBreeze

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The naming system itself is an issue, because of all the duplicate names running around. I understand why it's there, but it creates its own problems. This is why a universal username would make more sense than having individual wizards on your friends list. That said, I would LOVE to change some of my wizards' names to have the same naming scheme as others. I would have zero problem with having my whole entire friends list wiped in order to do it either. I know others have said it wouldnt bother them either. Wiping out my friend list and readding those people I actually play with would be great; would kill 2 birds with one stone here.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Starblood653 on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
Just read this entire thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/changing-the-name-of-my-wizard-33498
That thread is 5 years old. While this may still be their stance, obviously people want this option, and we're pleading our case. Until they release it, however, it will be an impossibility. I think they could easily say, if they were to do it, "only existing wizards can get a rename, all future wizards are not allowed to have one. That would make it a LIMITED option, as opposed to an ENDLESS one