Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does everything have weakness?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2015
Every single monster from Marleybone and Mooshu have weakness, every single one of them (prove me wrong). Most of the bosses in Krokotopia have it, and so many monsters in Dragonspyre have it as well. Why is this? It's a balance spell, so why does every single school have it?

Survivor
Jan 17, 2016
They cast weakness only at low levels, somewhere after celestia( i think ), they're stopping to cast weaknesses and shields( ice shield, storm shield, etc. ).

Explorer
May 27, 2012
I've been having that problem too. Bosses in late Grizzleheim LOVE to put weaknesses onto unsuspecting wizards. Perhaps you can identify weakness by using this warning:

1. Does your enemy have one pip?
2. Is your enemy NOT in the Balance school?
3. If it is in the Balance school, go back to part 1.
4. Is your enemy casting a balance spell?
5. On you or him/herself?
6. Once again, does your enemy have one pip?
7. If he/she is casting it on him/herself, then you are all clear.
8. If he/she is casting it on you,
You're gonna have a bad time.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2015
To both of you, I know that already. I can tell when they will most likely cast it, an I know that it stops around the end of Dragonspyre, but why even put it in their deck?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
To make it a challenge for the young wizard and to annoy them too!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
maximunnit on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
To both of you, I know that already. I can tell when they will most likely cast it, an I know that it stops around the end of Dragonspyre, but why even put it in their deck?
Why shouldn't they have off school spells? Our wizards do. We also have access to gear buffs, item and treasure cards that creatures don't. When was the last time you saw a creature use a prism to bypass your shield also? How many times have seen a creature wand off a negative charm on themselves or to remove a tower shield? Our wizards have such massive advantages as it is against the AI mobs.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
First arc entities:
  • use off-school spells without mastery to get around shields
  • spam weakness and mantle to slow battles down
  • use primarily single opposite-school shields

Second arc entities:

• frequently have a secret mastery to a second school, usually ice, death, life, or balance
  • spam towers or stuns to slow battles down
  • can crit or pierce to get around shields
  • use dual shields with the relevant opposite-school one hidden behind another shield

Third arc entities:

• usually don't have a secret mastery but will often have spells that are colour-shifted: frostfang, death scarab, lifeviathan, fiery giant
  • use shadow spells to get around shields; additionally, all third arc entities have at least 5% innate global pierce
  • use level 75 utility spells to slow battles down (feeb, shift, snowdrift, mana burn) often out-of-turn as a cheat profile
  • use dual shields with buried opposite-school component; sometimes use custom shields to all "boosting" schools (ygor's life/ice combo)

Trust me on this, weakness is the least of your problems going forward.