Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

First-Person View

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
Hey, so, my brother and I came up with an idea for a setting in the game.
We were thinking that there should be an option to make your viewpoint first-person while you're questing, walking/hanging out, etc.
It should also be allowed in combat. When the user is casting a spell, it shows in first-person. Then, when it has been casted, it goes back to third-person, and proceeds how a normal spell would. Selecting a spell would also be in first-person.
For example, in the Shadow Sentinel spell, the character walks up in the middle of the battlefield. If it were in first-person, you would be able to see yourself do so.

These things shouldn't be a permanent change, just, for example, in your gameplay options.
This would also give the game a bit more variety and have people experience everything in different perspectives.

Thank you,
Amy Mist

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Amy Mist on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
Hey, so, my brother and I came up with an idea for a setting in the game.
We were thinking that there should be an option to make your viewpoint first-person while you're questing, walking/hanging out, etc.
It should also be allowed in combat. When the user is casting a spell, it shows in first-person. Then, when it has been casted, it goes back to third-person, and proceeds how a normal spell would. Selecting a spell would also be in first-person.
For example, in the Shadow Sentinel spell, the character walks up in the middle of the battlefield. If it were in first-person, you would be able to see yourself do so.

These things shouldn't be a permanent change, just, for example, in your gameplay options.
This would also give the game a bit more variety and have people experience everything in different perspectives.

Thank you,
Amy Mist
IDK, first person combat would be awesome. I know it would be labor intensive, but imagine being hit with a spell first person. The problem being that your spell is in the way of you seeing the opponent being hit.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
I do enjoy the idea of first person, but in combat it would just seem complicated especially with other people in the battle going from first person to third person in really long battles can be disorienting. Though in regular gameplay it would be nice instead of having to zoom to see the smaller details on things or do that weird glitch thing with the camera that I forget how to do