Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updated Chat System?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Look. We all know that Wizard101 was a game mostly for the younger children. However many people who play today are teens or somesuch. Wouldn't it be better if we had an updated chat system? By that I mean just allow a large more amount of words than we can use today. Sure keep curse words out of it, but just being able to type like normal people and capitalize what we're saying.

By no means do I mean to say filters are unnecessary, but just give some of us who've been playing for years a little le-way ya know?

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
As a person who can drive a car and had two jobs but isn't allowed to misspell anything or say numbers, I am mildly annoyed at the chat. I understand that W101 and P101 are meant to be as safe and kid friendly as possible, but having to be a legal adult before you have open chat is a little ridiculous in my opinion. I am pretty sure this won't change, but an updated dictionary would be nice. Maybe there should be an admin post on words to add to restricted chat.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Wouldn't that be nice? Hopefully they consider it one day as a possibility on something to improve.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
KI is usually open to adding more words if it's extremely unlikely the words will be abused. Chances are good that the reason some text chat words aren't allowed is usually just because nobody has thought to add them to the dictionary. If you make a thread (I imagine listing them here would work just fine too) and tell KI the words you would like added, it's likely they'll be more than happy to add them.