Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are the people of Dragonspyre all dead?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Warning possible spoilers!

So thanks to the Five B.O.X.E.S. we know Malistaire, Cyrus, and Sylvia were all from Dragonspyre and either left prior to its destruction or managed to escape, and ignoring the few living shopkeepers in the Atheneum, I wonder if anyone survived the Dragon Titan's army.

It's hard to believe that all of Dragonspyre's inhabitants were whipped out. Is it possible that they managed to evacuate parts of the city before it was overrun? If so where did they go? Thanks to Pirates101 we also know of three Stormgates in the Avernus skyway one goes to Monquista, another to Valencia, and the third has yet to be revealed yet. Is it possible (provided Dragonspyre had ships) they were able to get people out that way? And again if they did, where did they go? Then again we don't come across many humans in the Spiral (outside of Wizard City), perhaps maybe their population was so decimated they are pretty much dead?

I'm still hear scratching my head and would love to hear what anyone else has to say.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Well, it's just a dumb theory of mine and probably not at all canon, but we see a lot of NPCs in other worlds who have the same models but with different colors, so I imagine many of them just up and left and now we see either them or their descendants in other parts of the Spiral.

As for an official reason given by staff or in-game, I don't think we've ever had such an answer- you should absolutely ask this during the next KI Live or email it to them though!

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Starblood653 on Aug 19, 2016 wrote:
Well, it's just a dumb theory of mine and probably not at all canon, but we see a lot of NPCs in other worlds who have the same models but with different colors, so I imagine many of them just up and left and now we see either them or their descendants in other parts of the Spiral.

As for an official reason given by staff or in-game, I don't think we've ever had such an answer- you should absolutely ask this during the next KI Live or email it to them though!
Yeah, but keep in mind that they literally read everything posted, so maybe still request the answer, but they know your question.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Bigboss1029 on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, but keep in mind that they literally read everything posted, so maybe still request the answer, but they know your question.
What?

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
However let's face it the chance an administrator answers a random lore based question on the message boards or even on KI Live isn't very likely when there are millions of other questions that are probably more on topic or important.

Don't get me wrong people ask some really great questions but some days I wish I could ask all those questions that players still have about the game's lore and actually get a straight answer or at least have someone tell us where in the game the answers are.

I mean there are questions even from the beginning of the game that were never answered (if you think back you'll find plenty of them like what Malistaire did with the Eye of History, why no one ever found the Death School before we did, why after we found it no one bothered to raise it up again, if Sylvia Drake really died from a cold, etc...) This is I'm asking what happened to everyone in Dragonspyre, because I want to know and it was never entirely clear.

And if admin isn't likely to answer it then someone has some sort of opinion on it and hopefully will share it.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Starblood653 on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
What?
Sorry, I was a bit spacey when I wrote this. My point was that this forum is fully moderated so every post is pre read. I forgot the part where you need to actually need to ask KI, what I was saying is they saw your question. Ignore me is what I'm saying in short.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The lore in the game is that the buildings crumbled and the world was reduced to lava, dragons and ghosts after the summoning of the Great Dragon Titan. Obviously some inhabitants escaped, since Sylvia, Malistaire and Cyrus are all from Dragonspyre. The Fire and Death Trees survived, though all the Death tree does is sit there and moan.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
The Lore Keeper on Aug 19, 2016 wrote:
Warning possible spoilers!

So thanks to the Five B.O.X.E.S. we know Malistaire, Cyrus, and Sylvia were all from Dragonspyre and either left prior to its destruction or managed to escape, and ignoring the few living shopkeepers in the Atheneum, I wonder if anyone survived the Dragon Titan's army.

It's hard to believe that all of Dragonspyre's inhabitants were whipped out. Is it possible that they managed to evacuate parts of the city before it was overrun? If so where did they go? Thanks to Pirates101 we also know of three Stormgates in the Avernus skyway one goes to Monquista, another to Valencia, and the third has yet to be revealed yet. Is it possible (provided Dragonspyre had ships) they were able to get people out that way? And again if they did, where did they go? Then again we don't come across many humans in the Spiral (outside of Wizard City), perhaps maybe their population was so decimated they are pretty much dead?

I'm still hear scratching my head and would love to hear what anyone else has to say.
Wow, this is actually a really interesting question.

I have noticed that most of the humans, if not all, are from Wizard City, or reside there. Besides Zeke travelling to different spirals, I don't think there was any humans in Krokotopia, only Marleybonians and Krokotopians (Manders and Kroks).

Same thing with Marleybone! Only dogs, cats, and rats. Cows and more animals in Mooshu, more Marleybonians in Celestia, etc, etc..

That DOES make a difference!

I think that after the Dragon Titan and it's army attacked, almost all of the inhabitants of Dragonspyre must have passed away. There a lot of spirits there, except for the occasional shopkeepers in the Atheneum as you mentioned..! But it's looks as if those humans are from Wizard City as well.

The only living humans are probably from Wizard City!

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
The lore in the game is that the buildings crumbled and the world was reduced to lava, dragons and ghosts after the summoning of the Great Dragon Titan. Obviously some inhabitants escaped, since Sylvia, Malistaire and Cyrus are all from Dragonspyre. The Fire and Death Trees survived, though all the Death tree does is sit there and moan.
I would agree with a large number of the inhabitants escaping (as a best case scenario), but given the layout/construction of Dragonspyre, there are gates and walls everywhere. Meaning evacuating a populous from any given area is hard enough. After going back through some dialogue I've discovered that the Titan's army was summoned within the walls of Dragonspyre which means chaos going on from one end of the street to the other, so a full scale evacuation without massive civilian casualties is nearly impossible. You add to this that the lore clearly states Dragonspyre is very militaristic, so it would make sense if they started conscripting anyone who could lift a sword, but then you have all of those people who can't.

So say under the best circumstances they do manage to evacuate those who can't defend adequately themselves (probably children because we find spirits of all genders ad ages) that leaves the question where were they evacuated to? If they sent them through the Basilica's Spiral door they could be virtually anywhere in the Spiral, but thanks to Pirates we are also aware of three storm gates in the Avernus Skyway, one goes to Monquista, the second goes to Valencia, and the third one has yet to be determined.

Upon considering worlds I would guess, there could be some in Wizard City, Marylebone (because Penny Dreadful is from Marylebone and is human), maybe Avalon because we do find some there, and again Monquista or Valencia (though Valencia is more likely).

My personal theory is that a few people escaped, like the Drake trio and perhaps others we have yet to meet or those who we don't know where they're true origin like Chester Droors and the druids in Avalon (he's Pigswick's life teacher). Though until we know where the third storm gate in Avernus leads or have a confirmed information that says what happened to them we can't speculate if a large section of Dragonspyre's populous escaped or not.

Come on admin! Give us a clue please! Pretty please! :D