Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Could anyone else have survived Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Warning possible spoilers!

So thanks to the Five B.O.X.E.S. we know Malistaire, Cyrus, and Sylvia were all from Dragonspyre and either left prior to its destruction or managed to escape. And ignoring the few living shopkeepers in the Atheneum, I wonder if anyone survived the Dragon Titan's army.

It's hard to believe that all of Dragonspyre's inhabitants were whipped out. Is it possible that they managed to evacuate parts of the city before it was overrun? If so where did they go? Thanks to Pirates101 we also know of three Stormgates in the Avernus skyway one goes to Monquista, another to Valencia, and the third has yet to be revealed yet. Is it possible (provided Dragonspyre had ships) they were able to get people out that way? And again if they did, where did they go? Then again we don't come across many humans in the Spiral (outside of Wizard City), perhaps maybe their population was so decimated they are pretty much dead?

I'm still hear scratching my head and would love to hear what anyone else has to say.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I thought of a theory that wizard city used to be a lot smaller because it's headmaster came from Avalon and most teachers came from other areas, could it be Wizard City was a mostly unoccupied world that was close enough to dragonspire that most of it's inhabitants were able to evacuate and start new lives as wizards from wizard101. This means Dragonspire was the old Wizard City.
This is just a theory so don't say it's fact.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
qwre955 on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
I thought of a theory that wizard city used to be a lot smaller because it's headmaster came from Avalon and most teachers came from other areas, could it be Wizard City was a mostly unoccupied world that was close enough to dragonspire that most of it's inhabitants were able to evacuate and start new lives as wizards from wizard101. This means Dragonspire was the old Wizard City.
This is just a theory so don't say it's fact.
That doesn't jibe with the story of Bartleby. The trees of Dragonspyre came from him too. He predates the spiral and comes from the first world, so it's pretty selfevident that Wizard City was first, since it's the center the spiral.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I think I saw a post just like this a while back but it never really went far, so I'm glad it's back! I recall that Pirate101 was brought into the discussion, as Dragonspyre is home to the Avernus (or however it's spelled) Skyway, which connects to Monquista and Valencia. It is not immediately apparent that any humans escaped this way due to the distinct lack of humans in these worlds, Monquista is connected to Skull Island, which has a fair share of human characters. However, there is also a third stormgate in Avernus that leads to a currently unknown location. Lest it lead to a world such as Grizzleheim or Whisteria, we might just find that it will lead to a human populated world.

All of that being said, we also must not forget that while Dragonspyre was the primary human world, humanity was fairly spread out throughout the Spiral. For example, Merle Ambrose and Morganthe hail from Avalon. Humanity might not be extinct at this time, but they certainly are scarce. When you think about it, this is a family style game with all of these amazing sentient species and cultures, but humanity (a very warlike species both in real life and in the Spiral) is on the verge of extinction. Isn't that kinda freaky?

But anyways, Pirate101 may very well lead us to an answer to the current state of humanity, be it through the skyways of Avernus, through the unseen skyways of Monquista, or other means. Perhaps even the upcoming world of Wizard101 will bring answers. Whether this world be Mirage, a world from P101, or an entirely unmentioned world, we might just find some clues to solve this mystery. Can anyone get into contact with Sherlock Bones?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yes, there are a number of humans populating Skull Island. One might also consider Morganthe's Army in Celestia; while there are a fair number of bugs many of the Morgantine soldiers appear human. I wonder if Morganthe was able take a portion of the Doomed Dragonspyre to be part of her army? I mean they were already skilled soldiers. That brings up the whole question of though where do Morganthe's Army live? There is an obscure quest in Celestia which hints that there was like a twin world to Celestia because the Celestians and Morgantines were in conflict until the Storm Titan Sank Celestia. I also wonder if some of them are in Darkmoor? Madame Vadima is human and is from Darkmoor? (That's not to say that there might not have already been humans, vampires, witches or frogs already living there, but perhaps some of them went there as well?