Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deleting friends?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Most of you probably have friends that you want to remove but would feel bad. So i'm here to tell you and show you why you remove a friend, even if you don't want too. I will even have stories about them

Reason #1: A friend who will spam you for help, Asking for help sometimes is cool, and a friend thing to do, but if the person will constantly ask you for help, I would say delete them, or show/tell them how to solo or do team up. Now, you may think (You're just lazy and will only accept help) I rarely ask for help, and the only time I do ask for help is with Darkmoor, gosh forbid doing team up in that place. Not many people like asking for help, but they also don't like trying to do it solo either or look for another friend.

Story: I was inclined to make this post based on this story. It happen 48-96 hours ago. I met a guy in waterworks while farming for gear. He wanted to hatch with me and I did, I didn't delete him cause there was no need to at the time. An hour later, I was doing my zeke quest for roses, I was on my last one and he ported to me and I told him I was getting the last rose. He then ask "Can you help me get all of mine?" Turns out he needed 9 still. I was already salty from doing labyrinth again to get the rose and said "Look it up online" and truthfully that is where I found a guide to it. He ask me the next day if I could help him farm for Magma Peas (The second he got online) He said he wanted several and I knew that would take hours and hours, he didn't seem to care at the least about my time. I removed him on both characters only to find out our Mutual friend was asked to help with hours of farming seconds later.

Reason #2: If they ask you to gift them within 2 days of friend them. I don't like to gift people, even close friends, but if they ask you to gift them within a day or two of friending them, stay on caution. If they do it again that should be a sign that they just want your crowns. Beggars I have 0 tolerance with. I instantly remove if they do it twice

Story: I once had a friend for about 2 or 3 days. He asked me to gift him a mount. I don't like gifting people, likewise ones I friend a day ago. I said "My parents have my gifting off" He replied "Tell them to turn it on!" I faked being afk and came back and said "They said no :(" He started getting upset at me and said "Wow, what a friend, tell them it's my birthday or i'm reporting you" At that point I was laughing and removed him

Reason #3 Overall rude people. Usually pretty snotty people who will try to friend you, only to be mean and rude.They will say rude and mean things and kinda just laugh at you. Even though they help you or gift you, I would still remove for the sake of dignity. If it gets worse or they don't stop. I'd remove.

Story: I once had a friend, I asked 4 help. He said "K Noob" I Removed

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Brady FireBringer on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
Most of you probably have friends that you want to remove but would feel bad. So i'm here to tell you and show you why you remove a friend, even if you don't want too. I will even have stories about them

Reason #1: A friend who will spam you for help, Asking for help sometimes is cool, and a friend thing to do, but if the person will constantly ask you for help, I would say delete them, or show/tell them how to solo or do team up. Now, you may think (You're just lazy and will only accept help) I rarely ask for help, and the only time I do ask for help is with Darkmoor, gosh forbid doing team up in that place. Not many people like asking for help, but they also don't like trying to do it solo either or look for another friend.

Story: I was inclined to make this post based on this story. It happen 48-96 hours ago. I met a guy in waterworks while farming for gear. He wanted to hatch with me and I did, I didn't delete him cause there was no need to at the time. An hour later, I was doing my zeke quest for roses, I was on my last one and he ported to me and I told him I was getting the last rose. He then ask "Can you help me get all of mine?" Turns out he needed 9 still. I was already salty from doing labyrinth again to get the rose and said "Look it up online" and truthfully that is where I found a guide to it. He ask me the next day if I could help him farm for Magma Peas (The second he got online) He said he wanted several and I knew that would take hours and hours, he didn't seem to care at the least about my time. I removed him on both characters only to find out our Mutual friend was asked to help with hours of farming seconds later.

Reason #2: If they ask you to gift them within 2 days of friend them. I don't like to gift people, even close friends, but if they ask you to gift them within a day or two of friending them, stay on caution. If they do it again that should be a sign that they just want your crowns. Beggars I have 0 tolerance with. I instantly remove if they do it twice

Story: I once had a friend for about 2 or 3 days. He asked me to gift him a mount. I don't like gifting people, likewise ones I friend a day ago. I said "My parents have my gifting off" He replied "Tell them to turn it on!" I faked being afk and came back and said "They said no :(" He started getting upset at me and said "Wow, what a friend, tell them it's my birthday or i'm reporting you" At that point I was laughing and removed him

Reason #3 Overall rude people. Usually pretty snotty people who will try to friend you, only to be mean and rude.They will say rude and mean things and kinda just laugh at you. Even though they help you or gift you, I would still remove for the sake of dignity. If it gets worse or they don't stop. I'd remove.

Story: I once had a friend, I asked 4 help. He said "K Noob" I Removed
Ugh! Yes, I have had many similar experiences. Everything from being threatened with reporting for not gifting, to some rando in the commons asking if they could be my puppy (I can't make this stuff up, seriously).

One that sticks out in my mind at the moment is pretty humorous looking back, but at the time I was pretty mad lol. I had asked for help with some boss in AZ and I got someone from the bazaar to help (that was probably my mistake right there), so he got his online "girlfriend" to help us, too. We get about halfway through the battle and the girl has constantly been using emoticons. Like, in every message she's over-communicating her emotions for whatever reason. So she gives me a shield or something and I say "thanks" with no emoticon. Well suddenly she makes a singular sad face emoticon, most likely in reaction to my apparent brevity, and both her and the guy fall silent. Then suddenly they both port away. I sent a PM asking the guy what happened, and he said he doesn't help people who are mean to his girlfriend, and proceeds to tell me that she's been telling him about all these nasty things I've been PMing her. Needless to say, he was off my friends list after that and got a special spot in my ignore list until the next day lol.

Other experiences include people demanding for help and when I say I'm busy, they creatively get around the swear filter to insult me. Insta-reported and insta-unfriended.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Hi Brady:

I think this is an excellent list and explanation. The only one I would add is if you accepted without realizing. I have noticed that someone will run past and friend me without engaging with me to play. As such sometimes I accidently accept a friend not realizing and have to clean it up.

Hope this adds to your reasons.

Andhanni

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
It sucks having these things happen to you. Also I would of added more but I ran out of space XDDD

Notice how I got a short sentence at the end XD

But here is more from the posts I've seen:

Reason #4: Fake families or couples. This is only a bad thing to have on your friends list if it bothers you, and if you it goes to far. Sometimes it's just harmless play but the other times it can be just plain creepy. I would prefer not to friend people in "strange" groups. But hey, i've done it myself and have regret friending then. If you feel unsafe or uncomfortable near people like this. Best to unfriend!

Story: I once had a friend that had lots of friends. She introduced me to 2 people. They were apparently a couple in real life (but they could of been lying for all i know) The girl that introduced me to them would skype with me. She once told me "(name of girl) told me that she was doing something in a hotel room with her boyfriend" I was grossed out and didn't talk to the couple much anymore. Later they asked me (the couple) If I hated them. I said no, I just don't talk much. They said "ok" and a day later they tried to get me to hook up with their "daughter" At that point I was thinking it's going to far, and removed them.

Reason #5: Rude people (different means) No one likes rude people like I said before. This time it's different and I didn't get to finish. No one likes rude friends and treat you bad. These kind of rude people are people who join your battle the round you are killing (they see a storm lord being casted but they still join) They usually will say sorry even though they aren't. These kinds of people should be removed because they have a habit to do it. I've never friend a person like this

Story: I was once doing a wintertusk battle, and I already casted the fire dragon. The last second before it kills the last snow skull someone joins. They don't say anything and then I say ".-. wow" They say "sorry" and try to friend me. I deny it and they ask why

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Continuation from story: They ask why I deny it. I said "Because your rude" He called me a selfish hog even though he's the one who did nothing and joined knowing I already killed. He tried to friend me and I accepted it this time. He said "Wow, you're stats are bad, doesn't matter... Can you help me quest?" I said "sorry, I have friends to help quest that care about me and not my level" I was over 10 levels above him. I removed him and fled leaving him to die. I came back to the exact area and I found it out he has no mana. (So he joined with no mana and wanted me to do everything) He must of saw me and said "Hey, help me" I made a smile face and switched realms

Story from Reason #3 I made but didn't finish: Ok, he didn't just call me a noob, that's all I could fit in. I asked this max level to help me who was just sitting at the commons doing nothing. He could kill in one or two rounds. wasn't much of a problem. (I was in Mooshu, he was 110) He ports in and says "Ok noob, i'm here" I didn't really care, I just wanted help, that is the only reason I kept him, even though I shouldn't use people for help even if they're snobby. He then said "You have to gift me 5 mega snack packs" (12,500) crowns. I said "What, I could summon minions with only 1% of those crowns" He goes good luck and leaves. A minute later he ports back right after I killed the guy. He says sorry and that he will help now, but he needs 10 mega snack packs because he has no mega snacks. I asked him "How do you get all your mega snacks" He said "By making people gift me" Good thing is, his highest pet was an adult (HE was a 110, holy cow) That means only one or two people gifted him. I removed him, while showing him my mega pet and saying "I got this from working hard and not making people gift me" He called me a hacker and said he reported me. I laughed this off and went back to questing.

Glad to make more stories and reasons! Keep posting!