Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

System Requirements

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but its where I'm going to put it. I'm planning on getting a laptop specifically for Wizard101, and made sure to check requirements before buying it. The requirements state you must have a video card of geforce2 or higher. However, unless it is a PC (which i am clearly not buying) or a gaming laptop (which i don't have the money for) laptops don't have a video card. Most have an integrated one and I am confused on whether this will cut it or not. There is no way to enter a video card on the one I am looking at, this laptop meets every requirement except the video card one, will an Integrated one work?

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
XaZeRs on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but its where I'm going to put it. I'm planning on getting a laptop specifically for Wizard101, and made sure to check requirements before buying it. The requirements state you must have a video card of geforce2 or higher. However, unless it is a PC (which i am clearly not buying) or a gaming laptop (which i don't have the money for) laptops don't have a video card. Most have an integrated one and I am confused on whether this will cut it or not. There is no way to enter a video card on the one I am looking at, this laptop meets every requirement except the video card one, will an Integrated one work?
Try to use a desktop. They are mostly better at running games such as this.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
The geforce2 series of graphics cards were originally released 16 years ago. It's a very very low minimum requirement specification. Modern laptops with integrated video cards should have no problem at all running Wizard101; however, you can always contact our Customer Support, provide them with the specifications of the laptop you'd like to purchase, and they'll be able to let you know if it meets our minimum requirements.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game