Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for gaining levels?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2012
I want to get level 50 before heading into Celestia, any tips for gaining levels? I think it would make for a much easier and relaxing time cruising throughout Celestia, especially since I have some good level 50 armor.

Level 48 Charles Hex

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I would suggest doing the side worlds of Grizzleheim, Wysteria and Aquila if you are majorly concerned about levels in Celestia. Wysteria is just fun and offers some experience, but Grizzleheim is needed in later levels for certain spells so it is highly recommended. Good luck.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
I suggest definitely doing Wisteria, as it's really simple, and can give a good amount of experience. Grizzleheim might not be as good, but you might as well do it because you will need to do it either way for future spells. You can also check worlds for sidequests with Questfinder that you've already done that might give good experience, for instance, Dragonspyre. Have fun in Celestia!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
CobaltOz on Aug 13, 2016 wrote:
I want to get level 50 before heading into Celestia, any tips for gaining levels? I think it would make for a much easier and relaxing time cruising throughout Celestia, especially since I have some good level 50 armor.

Level 48 Charles Hex
I'd highly recommend you beat GH and do into the side area of it called Wintertusk. From doing almost all side and main quests in Wintertusk, I get to lvl 60 - 65 before starting Celestia!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
When questing don't waste turns in a fight. Always have a strategy too.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
martianhunter09 on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
I'd highly recommend you beat GH and do into the side area of it called Wintertusk. From doing almost all side and main quests in Wintertusk, I get to lvl 60 - 65 before starting Celestia!
I also recommend Wintertusk, which is a very fun expansion with very decent gear.

Upon reaching level 60, you can also get your feet wet (heh) in Waterworks and Atlantea, both of which have stellar gear that will last you through level 90.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
I also recommend Wintertusk, which is a very fun expansion with very decent gear.

Upon reaching level 60, you can also get your feet wet (heh) in Waterworks and Atlantea, both of which have stellar gear that will last you through level 90.
Just a little correction, Atlantea is level 70.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I always do all the side quests in Mooshu and Dragonspyre while I am doing their respective mainlines. This tends to give enough experience you will be at least close to level 50 when you get to Celestia; at the least you should reach level 48 which unlocks an important spell quest for most schools. I don't bother with side quests from Marleybone or earlier. Experience from Grizzleheim is trivial, don't expect it to be enough to gain a level if you are already in the 40s. Wintertusk gives lots of experience but the fights are at least as tough as Celestia. Some players will do Wintertusk until they gain enough levels to train some of the Celestia Sun spells, strong/giant/monstrous/gargantuan, which are very helpful.

Look into getting the amulet "jewel of the feint" at level 50, this is very helpful for defeating high health bosses, you can buy it at the bazaar.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
seethe42 on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
Just a little correction, Atlantea is level 70.
I stand corrected!