Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca Explained?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 05, 2013
I entered Azteca and I still don't know what its talking about, they say that the world was destroyed and everything and they thought everyone in azteca was dead but we find them to see another meteor coming to destroy Azteca. Then Azteca was still alive but to see another comet coming upon it. Is that the same comet that destroyed Azteca a long time ago or is that another meteor. They had 2 apocalypses, one currently now, I never skip dialogue so I can see whats going on but I still don't understand.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
From what I can tell, Xibalba is still the same comet that threatened Azteca 10 years ago, but due to some peculiarities of its orbit, it blocked all of the spiral observatories capable of spotting Azteca. This, combined with the coinciding loss of all communications with Azteca, led many to believe that it was destroyed by the comet.

As to the comet moving to allow observation and transport to Azteca, my assumption is that the spell that the mystics cast to summon help did something to either physically move Xibalba just slightly, or do some weird metaphysical stuff.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
My understanding is that people on other worlds thought Azteca had been destroyed but it wasn't. So they're dealing with their first apocalypse.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Read the description at the following link about the comet 10 years ago:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/worlds/azteca

The destruction you might be confused with, was the shattering of the First World which created the Spiral as we know it today (floating worlds). The Lords of Night (Azteca dinosaurs) were there during that event and heard Bartleby sing the Spiral into existence (Song of Creation).

Survivor
Feb 28, 2014
Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
What I think happened in a simple way, is that the comet is somehow blocking up Azteca- and it's the perfect place an evil lair would be. So, you go there to examine the "hidden world" of Azteca. You find out that "The Shadow Queen" is trying to concur all of the pyramids, and if she does, Azteca will be doomed. So, you're collecting things to make weapons, to cut of blockaida, and more.