Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spells ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Ok so i have an idea, that i think would be really cool, would greatly expand our spells and would require very little work from KI's part. Make it possible to learn all boss and enemy spells in the game. What does that mean, just like loremaster can drop the loremaster spell, every other spell that is casted by bosses or by enemies in the game can be (with some farming) be learned by the wizard. it could even be made so only the wizard of that spells particular school can learn the spell, this idea would include the enemies natural attacks, as a way to sorta coach them all. The idea behind it is that since you have see the monster or NPC cast the spell so many times, you have learned your self to cast the spell that the creature uses, this of course can be expanded the lets say the ,, enemies can teach you their blades. Since the spells are already in the game and are fully fleshed out, all the KI needs to do is make them obtainable to the player. This would make a huge amount of previously NPC-only spells available to all players.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
DanielFire15531 on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
Ok so i have an idea, that i think would be really cool, would greatly expand our spells and would require very little work from KI's part. Make it possible to learn all boss and enemy spells in the game. What does that mean, just like loremaster can drop the loremaster spell, every other spell that is casted by bosses or by enemies in the game can be (with some farming) be learned by the wizard. it could even be made so only the wizard of that spells particular school can learn the spell, this idea would include the enemies natural attacks, as a way to sorta coach them all. The idea behind it is that since you have see the monster or NPC cast the spell so many times, you have learned your self to cast the spell that the creature uses, this of course can be expanded the lets say the ,, enemies can teach you their blades. Since the spells are already in the game and are fully fleshed out, all the KI needs to do is make them obtainable to the player. This would make a huge amount of previously NPC-only spells available to all players.
First of all, how many bosses do you think are in W101? And why would you need to learn their natural attacks? They're basically just modified wand strikes. As for some other spells, you can get those from obscure places like pets or amulets or treasure cards. It would be nice to learn stuff like the astral shields or the fancy modified spells the enemies in Polaris are using or making these obscure spells more common, but I see no need to implement every single boss's natural attack. Basically, I agree with your idea but on a much smaller scale. Make the weird spells or modifications a boss or a mob uses to a spell available (or more available), which is like already 70% implemented with monster mash and such, but not much is needed past that.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I would like more bosses to have spells that are unique to them and can be dropped, as with the Loremaster.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
An X pip all enemy spell for each school would be good. Especially for fire because the heckhoud spell isn't that great.