Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

reporting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
i would like to ask if any players think the reporting system needs updating. i feel sad and a little angry when i get falsely reported because someone feels bored or are just being malicious. i really enjoy this game and don't appreciate it being jepodised by someones lies. maybe they could do an instant photo shot of the conversation when a report is being submitted, that way king isle can see instantly if a warning needs to be sent and to whom it needs to be sent. any ideas anyone.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
capricorngirl2 on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
i would like to ask if any players think the reporting system needs updating. i feel sad and a little angry when i get falsely reported because someone feels bored or are just being malicious. i really enjoy this game and don't appreciate it being jepodised by someones lies. maybe they could do an instant photo shot of the conversation when a report is being submitted, that way king isle can see instantly if a warning needs to be sent and to whom it needs to be sent. any ideas anyone.
That's pretty much how it works I believe. Don't even worry; you won't give false punished just because you were falsely reported. They know who sends the report as well, and they DO IN FACT get a look at the chat logs. And, the false reporters may get punished for making a false report too many times.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Far as I understand it Kingsisle can see the chat before and after the report so what I do is laugh at them for the false report in the chat box then remind them that false reporting can also get ya a ban as well. Never had a problem with a false reporter because, if a human is looking at the chat they will clearly see it is a false report.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
if thats the case then why do i receive warnings in my email. if the chat is visible straight away then warning should not need to be sent to me.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
capricorngirl2 on Aug 12, 2016 wrote:
if thats the case then why do i receive warnings in my email. if the chat is visible straight away then warning should not need to be sent to me.
i honestly don't see the point of the warnings even if the report is legit or not

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
The Wyrm on Aug 13, 2016 wrote:
i honestly don't see the point of the warnings even if the report is legit or not
The chat may be logged right away, but it may be a period of time before it is reviewed by KI. I would say that, the warning email is there, in the case that you may have done something wrong, to stop whatever it is. Just a guess on that one, however.

I was a GM for another big MMO for a while, and I know that, with the amount of reports put in, it sometimes took a while to get to them.

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
capricorngirl2 on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
Yes!!!! i have had trouble with this! i wish they would update it so that you can file for a report being false or something through the game. that would make things much easier!

Morgan golstrider-71

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
giboo on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
Yes!!!! i have had trouble with this! i wish they would update it so that you can file for a report being false or something through the game. that would make things much easier!

Morgan golstrider-71
Why? The person making the false report already can get into trouble for it. Text is logged and reviewable by the admins upon a report. They essentially report themselves. No need for you to make yet another report on it. That would an added step that is not required.

The only way it will cause an issue to you, is if you were actually doing something wrong. If not, don't worry about false reports.

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
BloodyJohnJenkins on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
Why? The person making the false report already can get into trouble for it. Text is logged and reviewable by the admins upon a report. They essentially report themselves. No need for you to make yet another report on it. That would an added step that is not required.

The only way it will cause an issue to you, is if you were actually doing something wrong. If not, don't worry about false reports.
I feel that this would at least lessen the reports for false reports is all