Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FPS Loss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
I am having a huge fps in game. Before the August update, I was getting 60fps on high settings. After the update, I am getting 2-5 fps. I contacted support and they said this:

Hi there,

This issue has been identified as affecting a number of players and is going to be resolved in short order.

Please keep an eye on the Wizard101 updates page.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

KingsIsle Support

Is anyone, just wondering, have this problem? And is there a quick fix? For my PC specs I have a gtx970, 32gb ddr3, and an fx8370 cpu.

Thanks

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
First of all, "FPS" stands for "frames per second," so saying "huge fps" means 60+ FPS, or any relatively fast frame rate. I'm not sure when it became popular to say "I'm FPSing" or whatever but it's completely incorrect and honestly irritating.

This is a gameside issue so no, you can't do squat about it. I have a powerful gaming computer that runs sophisticated games at very high frame rates and my frame rate still drops like a rock in wiz. It could be anything from a memory leak to simple inefficiencies brought about by some new feature.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Yes check the topic in the lab section and as the email they sent you they are working on it. No quick fix yet but hope it is super soon.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Down Cast on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
I am having a huge fps in game. Before the August update, I was getting 60fps on high settings. After the update, I am getting 2-5 fps. I contacted support and they said this:

Hi there,

This issue has been identified as affecting a number of players and is going to be resolved in short order.

Please keep an eye on the Wizard101 updates page.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

KingsIsle Support

Is anyone, just wondering, have this problem? And is there a quick fix? For my PC specs I have a gtx970, 32gb ddr3, and an fx8370 cpu.

Thanks
Correction: I am having a huge fps "DROP" in game. Where as my frames per second is bad. From 60 to 3-5.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Same thing was happening to me, I uninstalled the windows 10 anniversary update and the game was working smoothly again. Just uninstall your last major windows 10 update and then wait for them to fix the glitch, then reinstall