Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

drop rates on card packs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
the drop rates for anything good is ridiculous 80 and 60000 crowns should of atleast got one of the spells not just all junk I will never use i understand its a chance but in this case it seems an impossible chance you could of sold the spells for 80 dollars a piece i would of bought all 3 but wont ever buy a pack again unless they raise the drop rates this is the second time plz check into this because even though you make millions off this its not fair to the people that help pay that millions i love the game but don't like spending hundreds of dollars just to be disappointed and tto disappoint my kids which they play to

thanks for your time hope you listen and don't just ignore this message
bucketrz

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Thankfully, there is not just one way to get the spells. You can choose to either craft these cards, or can try and have it dropped from Loremaster, as well as trying to get it from packs. Granted, the other two options may be a bit 'grindy' but they allow the player the option between paying crowns for a chance at spells or other items, or a chance at the spells without paying crowns, but won't get the other items. The other pack items, like gear and mounts, although cannot be obtained otherwise, don't have much impact(if any) on the gameplay. Most mounts are purely aesthetic, and the gear isn't as good as most other items around their level. The main reason these packs exist is because some people have more time than money, and would prefer to grind it out. Other people have more money than time, and would prefer to buy packs. At the end of the day, you don't need to buy packs, and never getting anything won't make an impact on your game experience outside of visuals. If you still want to buy packs, go ahead, but I don't think they're going to change it.