Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frame Rate Lowered After New Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2014
I experienced an unusual frame rate after the update. I suspect it was from all the new stuff but if it isn't all the new content still being downloaded then I don't know what it is.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
After the recent update I logged into the game and am experiencing way too much lag for this game. I know for a fact that it is not my computer because I have a $1000 gaming computer. I even tried playing other games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends and I don't lag at all when I am playing those. I reinstalled Wizard101 and yet I am still lagging. Not sure of what I can do to fix the lag but my friend doesn't seem to have the same issue as me. Thanks and please help me fix this because I want to play.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I too have experienced this. Its like my computer is only doing like 5 fps or so. This was after a Windows update to the newest build 1607 and then updating wizard101 to the latest 8/3/16 update. Please help us. It is not Windows10 unless you didn't optimize this update for windows10 as all my other games run as normal? My computer is also an i7 4790K with 16 gigs of ram running off an ssd with a GTX 770 2gig graphics card so I know its not my computer. Please help!!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I can't play Wizard101 after the new update because after I log in the game is really delayed and is lagging eery second I'm online. Anyone else having this issue?

Survivor
May 05, 2013
So I am experiencing crazy lag right after the 2016 august summer update. I've already done a scan for a virus and tried multiple ways to stop the lag. Do I maybe have to uninstall then reinstall the game? And I just bought membership, can anyone maybe help me out? Almost forgot to say I tried lowering and turning off smoothing and such.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Game is so lag now what happened.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Pyle1197 on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
I too have experienced this. Its like my computer is only doing like 5 fps or so. This was after a Windows update to the newest build 1607 and then updating wizard101 to the latest 8/3/16 update. Please help us. It is not Windows10 unless you didn't optimize this update for windows10 as all my other games run as normal? My computer is also an i7 4790K with 16 gigs of ram running off an ssd with a GTX 770 2gig graphics card so I know its not my computer. Please help!!
Thanks for the heads up. QA will be examining the newest build of Windows 10 to see if there is an issue.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Oh thank goodness. I am so glad someone pointed this out. I get 1 FPS In many zones of W101. Most zones have 4 FPS. Its horrible. I just Cant play while this is a Bug Its Way to hard. I cant even Pick Cards.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I think there is an issue with the new windows build 1607 as I have asked others in the game as well and it seems people on windows 10 that have not done the 1607 update yet have no issue but after they do. My wife's laptop does not have the 1607 update yet and has no problems. Just giving you a little more heads up. This issue will have to be found/fixed because soon Microsoft will be forcing that update on everyone.. Thanks for looking into it Dworgyn!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Having the same issues as others... frame rate so low you can't even type a message without pausing between letters... did the Windows10 update yesterday, and the game was fine... now that the game has updated, not so fine... hope this gets priority as a lot of people are going to be getting the anniversary update, and the rage will be real!
On a side note... the game also has locked up completely twice...

Survivor
Dec 15, 2014
Okay, I'm on a 3.6ghz quad processor, 32gb of ram, nvidia gtx980 ti and this game is unplayable. I rolled back from build 1607 and it didn't help. for a game that can be ran on a raspberry pi using wine, that's pretty weird.

I'm not going to blame this on the wizard devs, think this is more of a windows build issue, probably with graphic drivers, direct x or something.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Dworgyn on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. QA will be examining the newest build of Windows 10 to see if there is an issue.
How long would it take for a Possible fix to be applied Dworgyn? Tonight? A couple days? Any possible estimates would I am sure make players who are affected by this feel better.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
Same here cant even hardly move or use chat, or take care of plants nothing,I just logged off hoping there will be a fix soon

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
I'm also having issues, and I did the anniversary update this morning. My graphics card (NVidia) has an option to display the framerate of a running game, and it's showing single-digits most of the time.

For what it's worth, I checked resource usage, and my GPU usage was nearly 0%, which tells me the game is using software rendering for some reason. Not sure why this is, but this may help in finding whatever is causing the problem.

Note: My computer has two graphics cards, an Intel card and a NVidia card (GTX 960M). I get the same results with both devices.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
Oops, I forgot something in my last post. When I went into the Fantastic Fish Bowl in my house, the framerate increased to the upper 30s.

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Any update on this? Game is unplayable. Painful to even do my gardening. Thanks!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Yes! I don't have this latest troublesome Win10 update but I can tell the framerate has gone way down after this summer update and all my other high-end games are still running smoothly. Perhaps a memory leak somewhere? It's pretty annoying tbh.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2012
I, too, can verify that this is the case with the newest Win 10 update. I ran the Wizard101 summer update and played some *before* I updated Win 10 and it was running smooth as usual. Once I did the update, the game became unplayable. On my Mac Book Pro, no issues whatsoever. Hold off on the Win 10 update for a little while if you can until KI fixes the issue.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2014
I'm on a GTX980ti, AMD FX-6200 (3.8ghz) with 32GB of ram and running off of an SSD. and the game is now getting between 7 and 9 fps. I WAS running build 1607 on windows 10, but just rolled it back and still experiencing the same issues. I'm re-installing Wizard101 to see if maybe there was something weird with how files were patched on the 1607 build, and it carried over even when rolling back. Will keep people apprised of my findings.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
Same here....updated Windows, and when all was said & done I discovered that KingsIsle also had an update. Problem is that the game play is so choppy I cannot play it without a high level of frustration due to lag. I hope that KingsIsle can get this straightened out before the end of the week or it will be a very long weekend. LOL.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Knew this was going to happen. Don't worry guys. I sent a ticket in about this yesterday and support asked for me to send then a Dxiag file so they are working on it. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Just our luck that MS had to come out with update the exact same day as KingsIsle. Oh well. Just hang in there I'm sure they will fix it.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I too am now getting the monster lag from game updates, seems what was good yesterday has failed today and it again ruins the game for all. Well Kingsisle try again and get it fixed or finally going to be forced to cancel my accounts and stop playing all together.

Sincerly,
Richard Lifeslinger

Survivor
Dec 15, 2014
thorofasgaard on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
I'm on a GTX980ti, AMD FX-6200 (3.8ghz) with 32GB of ram and running off of an SSD. and the game is now getting between 7 and 9 fps. I WAS running build 1607 on windows 10, but just rolled it back and still experiencing the same issues. I'm re-installing Wizard101 to see if maybe there was something weird with how files were patched on the 1607 build, and it carried over even when rolling back. Will keep people apprised of my findings.
Okay, it turns out that I wasn't able to actually roll back the 1607 build, so uninstalling/reinstalling wizard101 didn't really help :/

Survivor
Nov 13, 2012
I am finding the game unplayable too. I got the new windows update this morning and have had problems since. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but that didn't fix the problem.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2016
So glad I checked here as I'm also experiencing horrible lag. A fix would be wonderful