Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 09, 2011
I started a new life wizard and my friend made a storm, the idea is I play support while he hits. My problem is Idk what to do about gear. I feel like I should just get good outgoing healing gear but what about solo fights where I need damage? should I really get waterworks if I won't use it that often?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Um, if you just started a new character then idk why you are worrying about Waterworks. That is 60 levels away! Also won't he want to do Waterworks to get his Storm gear? You can also have gear sets for different setups. It's also perfectly acceptable to do Waterworks just a couple times and only use part of the gear. (I seem to have a terrible time getting the Ice Robes in any of the dungeons.) Just keep gear that you get off random bosses as you are fighting that has stats you like as once in a while you find a good amulet or ring etc. I guess what I'm saying is I think that you are worrying too much. There are people that use gear off of Street Mobs that do alright. Good luck.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I went with crafted Wintertusk gear for my life wizard. It's almost as good as waterworks. I didn't think it was worth the time farming WW.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
exp613 on Jul 26, 2016 wrote:
Um, if you just started a new character then idk why you are worrying about Waterworks. That is 60 levels away! Also won't he want to do Waterworks to get his Storm gear? You can also have gear sets for different setups. It's also perfectly acceptable to do Waterworks just a couple times and only use part of the gear. (I seem to have a terrible time getting the Ice Robes in any of the dungeons.) Just keep gear that you get off random bosses as you are fighting that has stats you like as once in a while you find a good amulet or ring etc. I guess what I'm saying is I think that you are worrying too much. There are people that use gear off of Street Mobs that do alright. Good luck.
I was talking about high and low level. I don't think i'm worrying too much I was just asking a question.