Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Community portal submissions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Ever since I became a part of the Wizard101 game community, I've always enjoyed the submissions other players make to the community portal. The art, stories, and in game photos are always fun to look at.

The galleries for art, stories, and photos, despite being pleasant to look through, are not kept up to date. This has been clear for a while now.

My question is, what factors contribute to the slow upkeep of these galleries?

I'm not trying to make a point of being upset about this, I just wish to know for the sake of a curiosity driven question.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hello,

Let me go over our three portals with a bit of explanation and a hope for the future.
  • Fan Fiction: Per the note at the top of the page: "We currently aren’t accepting new Fan Fiction submissions at this time."
  • Fan Screenshots: per the note at the top of the page: "Our Wizard101 photo album has moved to social media! There we showcase screenshots taken by our fans." The best place to view this currently is on Facebook at this link. This is updated monthly.
  • Fan Art: Per the note at the top of the page: "We have so many talented Wizards at Ravenwood that we're now showcasing your artwork throughout official Wizard101 social media." This is legitimately behind. I apologize.
That said, I absolutely adore our community's creativity! I wish I had more time to devote to it, and I'll see if I can't get our Fan Art updated on Facebook and Pinterest soon. The old Portal pages will no longer be updated, but instead art and screenshots will only be shared to social media when possible. Those page will, however, continue to act as an archive for 2015 and earlier.

Fan Fiction takes too much time to review given my current workload. My apologies. Enjoy our archives though! There are some gems in there.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Dworgyn on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

Let me go over our three portals with a bit of explanation and a hope for the future.
  • Fan Fiction: Per the note at the top of the page: "We currently aren’t accepting new Fan Fiction submissions at this time."
  • Fan Screenshots: per the note at the top of the page: "Our Wizard101 photo album has moved to social media! There we showcase screenshots taken by our fans." The best place to view this currently is on Facebook at this link. This is updated monthly.
  • Fan Art: Per the note at the top of the page: "We have so many talented Wizards at Ravenwood that we're now showcasing your artwork throughout official Wizard101 social media." This is legitimately behind. I apologize.
That said, I absolutely adore our community's creativity! I wish I had more time to devote to it, and I'll see if I can't get our Fan Art updated on Facebook and Pinterest soon. The old Portal pages will no longer be updated, but instead art and screenshots will only be shared to social media when possible. Those page will, however, continue to act as an archive for 2015 and earlier.

Fan Fiction takes too much time to review given my current workload. My apologies. Enjoy our archives though! There are some gems in there.
Thank you for providing the information Dworgyn, and their's no reason to apologize, your swift and clear response is more than satisfactory considering the fact that you most likely have much to deal with.

Please take as much time as you need pertaining to your work load.

Sincerely, Rusher2828.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
rusher2828 on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
Thank you for providing the information Dworgyn, and their's no reason to apologize, your swift and clear response is more than satisfactory considering the fact that you most likely have much to deal with.

Please take as much time as you need pertaining to your work load.

Sincerely, Rusher2828.
BTW, the Wizard101 Facebook and Pinterest were updated yesterday with new fan art! Enjoy!