Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options for Menu Chatters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I think we've all been there, you decide to team up for a hard dungeon and when 3 other people finally join and you finally enter, you realize that one of them is a Menu Chatter.
You groan to yourself "Ugh how am I gonna communicate to this guy?" "What do I do with the cheats?" and you may even start asking the other wizards whether they wanna leave and come back as a group of 3 instead. It's not pretty but I'm sure every mid-high leveled wizard has done this at least once.

I've found that Menu Chat wizards mostly cap off around Dragonspyre, I've seen a few around Celestia but rarely past there and I don't even think I've met a capped Menu Chat wizard. Menu Chat wizards are extremely restricted in the way they can communicate, mostly giving random compliments on your pet or house, calling you stinky or just random emotes.
For example, a Menu Chatter can ask "Have you seen any ..." for reagent help, however there's no clear way of answering them other than "Yes" "Let's go to ..." or porting to a location then asking them to port to you.

Also when it comes to cheating bosses, I've seen lots of Menu Chatters struggle with them. I once had to guide a Menu Chatter through Waterworks by only saying "No" and "Yes" for when they could hit the bosses or to prevent them using a certain spell, it took about twice as long as it usually would've. For the cheating problem, it'd be hard to make the Menu Chat flexible enough to include every boss's quirks but how about instead giving the Menu Chatters a little guide in their help manual that lists the boss names and their cheats, or even just the names and a link to their central page.
KI could even make this feature limited to Menu Chatters with membership or so (since it's unlikely unsubscribed wizards would make it to cheating bosses in the first place) plus since they wouldn't be able to communicate properly each boss's cheats, it wouldn't spoil anything for us Open or Filtered chat wizards.

Also it'd be good to add a little extra in the tutorial when the wizard is using the menu chat with Ambrose, that wizards with an X in their speech bubble beside their title can only see what you say through menu chat. I've constantly seen open or filtered chat wizards try to speak normally to them.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Some nice suggestions for new Menu Chat messages:

• Do you know the boss's cheats?
  • I know the boss's cheats
  • Don't use [X]