Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-22-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hey Wizards! It's Friday and it's time for something fun, so let's talk feedback, shall we?

I just finished co-hosting KI Live with Professor Dworgyn and we talked about our favorite things in the Summer update upon the request of Angel (@dragoncaller on twitter). So, it's my turn to ask everyone! What is your favorite item in the Summer Update on Test Realm? Combat UI improvements? Brandon's Polaris quest? Something else entirely? There's quite a lot to pick from, so if you need to refresh your memory, the list is HERE.

Have a wonderful Friday and happy weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
The Level 50 Elixir! I also like the new friends list and being able to see the different types of blades and traps you have had casted on yourself in battle.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
My favorite in the update is the Tournament entries for gold for members :D ITS AWESOME!! and i like the new minion quest :D

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
The new friend list features will be very handy.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1. Tournaments for gold, can finally finish my badges, yay!
2. Changes to critical, although I think heals should have been included.

A good start anyway, thanks!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
The only thing I've really done so far is fishing. I like all the new fish, and that fishing has been added to more castles.

A big shout out to Paige MoonShade for making sure to get her castles up in Castle Tours with teleporters to (what seems like) every possible castle so that we could test all the new fishing holes. Much appreciated! That was a drag when the first set of Doodlefish came out in the bundle castles, and the castles on Castle Tours got reset on every Test Realm update making it so difficult to find the ones you needed to fish at.

I'll need to try out a few other things when Test comes back online.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
Although I don't really PvP, I think those changes are the best (i.e., capping critical and tournaments for gold). Those with the Level Up potion seem to have real possibility in breathing new life into the arena. My hunch is a healthy arena = a healthy game.

Hero
May 07, 2015
hello miss falmea, you look very nice today, anyway my favorite things are the level 50 elixir and gold for tournaments AND (lolz) the blade identifier! I love that there blade identifier! XD

from Miranda jade song, a proud pyromancer and ( I hope ) one of your favorite students ( I love fire shadow life )
P.S you are the best professor ever miss flamea! and I mean EVER!

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I did not know about the KI live happening on the 22 nor did I know about the previous one until after it was over. Also I did not know test realm is being active. What happened to being told about these things when you have clicked on the icon to play the game? There used to be more unity in information about what is happening in the game now it seems more scattered.

Survivor
May 14, 2011
Like with all updates, it takes time to get used to them. For me at least, the 2 things in this update that will take some time getting used to are the Tournaments for Gold and the new Friends List layout.

1. Tournaments for gold -- I really love this idea. I posted a similar statement on central about how I will be staying away from tournaments until I figure out and test these new ward and charm enchantments. If I cannot shatter, pierce, enfeeble, cleanse, or disarm like I used to, I will have to try out new strategies to work with them. But really, tournaments for gold will keep me active in the arena.

2. Friends List -- I loved the simplicity of the old/current layout, but this new layout will be more "21st century." We use Emojis all the time when on Social Media or talking to our friends in real life, so the addition of these new "emojis" is a cool step in being relevant to the times. This update will take me a couple to 3 weeks at the most to get used to.

Something that would be cool that I wish could be added is another Hatching timer. You could unlock this timer with a badge after completing 100 hatches or something (I like the hatching badges update too ).

Thanks KingsIsle for making this update something to remember

Community Leader
Fishing, Tournaments for for members , Level 50. I would say friends list though I'm very confused by it.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I think the new critical change will do wonders for PvP. That's been one of the community's biggest complaints and I'm happy to see something done about it. I look forward to a flooded arena in the future! :D

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
When is Test realm going onto the actual realm game, I really want to play it all in the real realm before the crown sale is over

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
By far the long awaited improvement to the Combat UI with the ability to see all the blades, traps, charms, etc. This has been talked about and suggested for so long, it's nice to see it finally made it into the list.

Survivor
May 31, 2016
Odly i know this is a weird thing i like but i kinda like the crowns a day thing for members not because there free but because i like seeing all the gear and drops you can get its fun to see what you get and interesting but apart from that i really love the gold for tournaments plus i love the lvl 50 elixir idea would be cool if you guy added a lvl 50-100 elixir later on

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
I've suggested this before, but there are many benefits to having a character redesign elixir.

A Character Redesign Elixir
  • Allows you to redesign their hair color, style, skin color, starting colors, and name.
  • Does not allow you to change your school
  • Can only be used once.
  • People can view your original name by going into their friends list and clicking on your name. There would potentially be a small icon for friend's name history. This would prevent confusion.

Stuff to Consider

• Should it reset all of the timers on your character?
  • Should it provide any items like the Level 50 Elixir?
  • How long of a cooldown should it have? 2 Weeks? 1 Month?
  • Should it wipe the character and their items. (Preferably not, especially since it would really only be a hassle to the player since anyone with common sense would just trade the items over to a dummy wizard.)

This would not be as drastic as a level 50 elixir, since it doesn't boost you through the game wildly. I would assume that this would cost 10,000 or 5,000 crowns if it was an elixir.

It would definitely benefit the developers, because there are many players throughout the spiral who could use this and many that would want to.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Hi all.

Tournaments for gold will fill the arena's.
Universal reduction in damage on criticals honestly doesn't do anything if you think about it, Damage schools sport 50% pierce with high base damage spells while support type schools average 25-30 pierce with lower base damage spells not to mention in 3v3 or 4v4 with all the previous attempts to fix pvp Tank/Healer type schools are lol why dispel spamming is rampant to survive cause resist is fake pierce is a percentage on jewels for example where resist is a tiny absorb sorry but minus 24 from a 6k hit is still 5976 just saying so in the end nothing really gonna change all schools compelled to try and be damage dealer no room to be anything else.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Tournaments for Gold- I thought this was an awesome idea! I was able to try tournaments for the first time and really enjoyed them. I would love to be able to do more with how great they are. I'm sure others feel the same way. I would love to see it appear in the actual Wizard101 Game because it was really neat.

-Sarah Strongshield

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback everyone! A new topic shall be posted shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea