Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle Cherub Pet: Guardian Spirit No Pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
Alright, so I know this is a very hot topic which has created a lot of controversy lately, but I think I may have come up with the perfect idea to satisfy most of the pvp wizard101 pvp. I really hope that Kingsisle sees this and considers to implement this idea. So here I go. So lately, a lot of people have been complaining about how op the battle cherub pet really is because now low levels can easily cast guardian spirit and many people have been demanding it to become a no pvp spell. And i know that Dworgyn said that the Guardian Spirit card given by the battle cherub will be declared no pvp starting from the next update and this has still made a few people upset but no need to fear, for I have a solution to fit everyone's requests. So what I propose is that the battle cherub's "gs" card stays a pvp usable spell, BUT it can only be used by LIFE wizards who are AT LEAST GRANDMASTERS, (level 50+). And the battle cherub gives only one guardian spirit card. Now why is this a good idea? I'm glad You asked! You see, many people were skeptical and upset about this because low levels (like level 5s and 10s and 20s ...) could use guardian spirit and at those levels people did not have the gear, stats, nor the deck space to defeat the same opponent multiple times in the same battle. But by level 50, wizards are better equipped and have more deck space to defeat a life wizard twice. And for people who feel that life spells are being taken granted of because of mc heals and the flood of life mastery amulet users, well now only you life wizards may be able to use this pet's card. And I'm not even done yet. I propose that to unlock this card for life wizards, they must gather multiple reagents, Items, and they must be a certain rank and they must pay a toll of crowns AND gold to unlock this card for pvp. Of the rank requirement is made at least warlord then it will be great because warlords usually have the skills and gear to take care of people who may use guardian sprit. And all these other requirements will make obtaining this card for pvp very hard but not impossible. Oh and a life mastery won't allow non life wizards to be able to use this card. So basically, these requirements will minimize the usage of this card to an extent where it isn't abused not considered "extinct". So really this card can be used by at least level 50 grandmaster Life warlords who pay a certain fee like let's say 1000 crowns and 150000 gold and 5 Amber and 10 sunstone... So that's my preposition which can keep most of the community happy. So what do you guys think?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think your solution complicates the situation way more than it would solve it. If Dworgyn already said that they were going to change it, I think that they should just do that and leave it well enough alone. As allowing it for level 50 people doesn't make that much sense in my opinion as regular life Wizards get it at Level 75. I think people are just going to have to find another alternative strategy than having Guardian Spirit Save them. I do wonder though, I swear I had a Guardian Spirit Hat or something at one point. It was a upper level thing (75 or higher) and I never really used it for PVP but I wonder if they are going to go all crazy and ban all Guardian Spirits or just the one on the Pet where it doesn't have a level requirement?

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
cooldude0508 on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
Alright, so I know this is a very hot topic which has created a lot of controversy lately, but I think I may have come up with the perfect idea to satisfy most of the pvp wizard101 pvp. I really hope that Kingsisle sees this and considers to implement this idea. So here I go. So lately, a lot of people have been complaining about how op the battle cherub pet really is because now low levels can easily cast guardian spirit and many people have been demanding it to become a no pvp spell. And i know that Dworgyn said that the Guardian Spirit card given by the battle cherub will be declared no pvp starting from the next update and this has still made a few people upset but no need to fear, for I have a solution to fit everyone's requests. So what I propose is that the battle cherub's "gs" card stays a pvp usable spell, BUT it can only be used by LIFE wizards who are AT LEAST GRANDMASTERS, (level 50+). And the battle cherub gives only one guardian spirit card. Now why is this a good idea? I'm glad You asked! You see, many people were skeptical and upset about this because low levels (like level 5s and 10s and 20s ...) could use guardian spirit and at those levels people did not have the gear, stats, nor the deck space to defeat the same opponent multiple times in the same battle. But by level 50, wizards are better equipped and have more deck space to defeat a life wizard twice. And for people who feel that life spells are being taken granted of because of mc heals and the flood of life mastery amulet users, well now only you life wizards may be able to use this pet's card. And I'm not even done yet. I propose that to unlock this card for life wizards, they must gather multiple reagents, Items, and they must be a certain rank and they must pay a toll of crowns AND gold to unlock this card for pvp. Of the rank requirement is made at least warlord then it will be great because warlords usually have the skills and gear to take care of people who may use guardian sprit. And all these other requirements will make obtaining this card for pvp very hard but not impossible. Oh and a life mastery won't allow non life wizards to be able to use this card. So basically, these requirements will minimize the usage of this card to an extent where it isn't abused not considered "extinct". So really this card can be used by at least level 50 grandmaster Life warlords who pay a certain fee like let's say 1000 crowns and 150000 gold and 5 Amber and 10 sunstone... So that's my preposition which can keep most of the community happy. So what do you guys think?
doesn't matter (won't able use guardian spirit) people never use life spell to heal (reason why people want healing spell for there own school! pvp would be unfair for myth wizard (I would rather just quit mine wizard) play as a myth wizard until get healing spell to own school then just useless minion!

how can myth wizard to be overpower because weakest school at lower level pvp not like death school people complain more on death more weakest school pair to myth & ice mostly ice I do again ice to much a spell buff (I really want myth be buff some more least healing spell!

balance wizard level 75 (not to long ago) vs low level 15 fire wizard warlord (he had) burning rampage (how is that impossible) how get that spell (burning rampage drop from skeletal key boss from Avalon (how got the world of Avalon) he a low level (impossible for a level 15 fire wizard be farming against rank 11 boss with dozen of cheat?

doesn't make since because why people complain spell (for every pvp for lower level) beside I don't think good idea (make guardian spirit no pvp) or some people doesn't use life spell anymore because armor pierce exist!

what about saw palmetto because there only plant drop bad juju treasure card they make that no pvp insane for reminder make that no pvp for pets but don't think make banned overpower pet without overpower spell won't work because what low level wizard with immunity put low level can't get armor pierce)

making new wizard try train them all at once! life wizard he only level 58 close to 59 (he has very strong power pips lucky for jewel that is others higher pips gear and others stuff) test life wizard at a dungeon from Pagoda Of Harmony with level 58 life wizard (life wizard has MAX 116% Power Pips) with companion but without complain still POWER PIPS still HIGH (which MAX 96%) like mine life wizard so, much because such a strong power pips battle just getting good no others school has strong power pips, life wizard only best power pips school?

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
thelastdiviner on Jul 17, 2016 wrote:
+ 1
good idea +1 (have done that reshuffle) do same thing for others spell (also forgot add +1 reshuffle) from wizard city library resist, they do not have the +1

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
In my opinion, guardian spirit is a spell that shouldn't even exist in the game. The battle cherub cards just let people with massive resist stall out their opponents to the point where they don't even want to play anymore. I think this was a step in the right direction for Kingsisle to ban the battle cherub cards.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
cooldude0508 on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
know what? just throw 30$ down the toilet that loyal customers payed for. this will not make the community happy