Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

False Advertising

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I'm not sure weather this might bring up a problem but I was watching you and saw an ad(not a video add but a window pop-up thing). But I saw the ad and it said Wizard101 create your own wizard today but it had No pictures of wizard101 the only picture it had was a screenshot of the video game adaptation of the second Harry Potter movie when Harry and Draco are dueling in defense against the dark arts class.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you for your report. Since we work with a number of advertising partners, sometimes these bad ads can be a bit tricky to track down, but I have alerted Marketing and they have asked for assistance.

The next time you see this ad, please respond back with the URL it tries to take you to.

1- Right click on the ad
2- Copy link address
3- Send the URL to community@wizard101.com or paste it here on the message boards.

I do know that the ad has been seen on YouTube. I would love this particular URL, so I could help them take care of the issue.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I did see the add on youtube and I took a picture with my phone if there is anyway to ad that to the post or you could give me a way to email it to you or king isle but I will look in my history to get the url for a link.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Thanks for the info, Dworgyn! I have not come across these ads since I use ad blocker whenever possible, but I will absolutely keep my eyes open for these ads.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
As you told me I sent it to the link but it did not go through it said along the lines of this user is not recognized. Is there abhor her way like a phone number or something like that I could try or if you can think of anything else.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
PyxelStyx123 on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
I did see the add on youtube and I took a picture with my phone if there is anyway to ad that to the post or you could give me a way to email it to you or king isle but I will look in my history to get the url for a link.
Unfortunately the picture alone doesn't give us a lot of information to go on. It's the link from the ad before you click on it that I'm really after.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
PyxelStyx123 on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
As you told me I sent it to the link but it did not go through it said along the lines of this user is not recognized. Is there abhor her way like a phone number or something like that I could try or if you can think of anything else.
Feel free to paste the link here on the Message Boards. Thank you!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
Uhh Sorry Dworgyn!

The link is too long to paste here!

Sorry D:

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you! I will let you know if we need more assistance, but I appreciate you sending the link to us via email.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I just saw a banner ad for Wizard101 on another website. (Which one isn't important since it's almost certainly on more than one.) The problem with it is that it had the Wizard101 logo, and clicking it did link to this website, but the screenshot behind it was taken from a Harry Potter video game. I don't know if it's false advertizing or what, but it needs to be more accurate.