Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Failing to load after closed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Hey, after i close my Wizard101 game i cant reopen it without restarting my PC. Is it something with windows 10? i can reopen it without restarting but it takes several hours of the PC unused for that to work.

So if you can help em out thanks alot!

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Dakota LionHammer on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
Hey, after i close my Wizard101 game i cant reopen it without restarting my PC. Is it something with windows 10? i can reopen it without restarting but it takes several hours of the PC unused for that to work.

So if you can help em out thanks alot!
Hi! I've once had the same problem with both Wizard101 and Pirate101 when i got Windows 10.

If you literally can't play the game and are getting an error message, try running the game as an administrator by right-clicking the "Play Wizard101" icon and selecting "Run as Administrator. It may be your own computer not recognizing the game, or your new anti-malware from Windows 10 may be blocking suddenly for no given reason (Thank you Windows 10 for new arbitrary security blocking all of our apps and using lots of memory).

If that doesn't work, make sure Wizard101 is completely inactive. You can check which programs are running by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Esc, which opens up your task manager. If you are certain Wizard101 should not be running and see it running in Task Manager, end the process. It could be that it isn't working because your computer already thinks you are playing the game and won't let you open the game another time. I've had that happen.

If neither of these solutions worked, completely uninstall the game because there may be a missing or corrupted file that is preventing you from playing the game. When you re-download it from Wizard101's website, right click on "InstallWizard101.exe" and run as administrator. This should allow it to download properly without interference from your computer or your firewall and all of the files should be properly downloaded. Before you play the game, restart your computer to refresh it and reduce the risk of your firewall blocking it again. Never disable your anti-malware.

If none of these solutions have worked, consult Customer Support and see what they have to offer for the given situation. I hope you find my answers helpful!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I tried your solutions, they didnt work to let you know but thanks alot for putting in effort to help!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
i had some issues on windows10 - i just changed wizard to run on 8.1 and my problem solved.
maybe that will work for you