Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why do eggs in the shared bank drain your energy?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I understand why you don't want actual pets to be traded through the shared bank without draining energy because it's meant to keep you from cheating and using extra energy to train it without paying, but why does this rule also apply to eggs, who can't be trained? I just hatched a brainy assistant so my noob death wiz could have the colossafrog spell and it drained my energy when I took the egg out of my shared bank even though it hadn't hatched yet. This seems a bit harsh, unless I'm missing something.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
It's the same reason they don't allow pets. The egg hatches within 5 minutes and you'd use all that energy too. I think it is fine in it's current implementation.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
exp613 on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
It's the same reason they don't allow pets. The egg hatches within 5 minutes and you'd use all that energy too. I think it is fine in it's current implementation.
I don't understand what you're trying to say- you aren't using any energy when it's still an egg and for that five minutes it seems like you should have time to transfer it to the wizard you want with no penalties. Again, maybe I'm missing something but if it's impossible to train the thing when it's an egg, then why penalize us for giving it to another wizard?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You're upset that you can't create a loophole to get around the energy restrictions? It's an egg for 5 minutes, then it's a pet that can be trained just the same. This is just a silly argument. It's a pet whether it's hatched yet or not.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Starblood653 on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
I don't understand what you're trying to say- you aren't using any energy when it's still an egg and for that five minutes it seems like you should have time to transfer it to the wizard you want with no penalties. Again, maybe I'm missing something but if it's impossible to train the thing when it's an egg, then why penalize us for giving it to another wizard?
It's meant to "keep you from cheating and using extra energy to train without paying". The fact that it's an egg makes no difference to the game code. I imagine that it is programmed as a pet. It is just "locked" while it is "hatching" (in order to try and get you to pay money to hatch eggs in your backpack with that Elixir). So from a coding aspect it's just not really worth it. I again think that it's not worth the bother of changing and feel that the current implementation is fine.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Okay, so:

• I train my pet on one wizard and use up all my energy,
  • I go and hatch my pet and get a new egg,
  • Once my pet egg hatches, I won't have energy to train it with
  • I think: oh, I can use energy from my other character to train this egg once it hatches!

Ki makes it so that any egg (and pet) transferred in the Shared Bank loses energy so you can't continue training until you A: Buy more energy B: Wait for your energy to replenish.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
seethe42 on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
You're upset that you can't create a loophole to get around the energy restrictions? It's an egg for 5 minutes, then it's a pet that can be trained just the same. This is just a silly argument. It's a pet whether it's hatched yet or not.
Lol I'm not upset, confused maybe, and if I see an argument that makes sense I'm perfectly willing to accept that, but I think you're blowing this out of proportion. Please calm down before returning to the conversation.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
Okay, so:

• I train my pet on one wizard and use up all my energy,
  • I go and hatch my pet and get a new egg,
  • Once my pet egg hatches, I won't have energy to train it with
  • I think: oh, I can use energy from my other character to train this egg once it hatches!

Ki makes it so that any egg (and pet) transferred in the Shared Bank loses energy so you can't continue training until you A: Buy more energy B: Wait for your energy to replenish.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing.
Oh ok, I can understand that. Thank you for a rational and polite answer.